Fact/Fiction: The Chiefs win the AFC West within 2 years?

I think this can be fact with the downfall of the Chargers being imminent. Let's be serious - how long can the Chargers continue to contend? The Raidersare still a mess but will eventually turn around. The Broncos are a franchise in transition and no team...I repeat...no team led by Jay Cutler will ever winanything. He may be a skilled QB, but he's not a leader and talks way too much garbage.

The Chiefs for me didn't have to trade for Cassel. They already had a solid QB in Thigpen. But, they went out and got him and Haley runs the same systemWeis did so Cassel doesn't need to learn anything. That WR Gore is a growing beast. They have the #3 pick in the draft and will waste it on the Wake ForestLB. They got the veteran Vrabel and I think they should keep LJ as crazy as it sounds. You keep Larry Johnson and give him another chance at improving his repin KC and if he produces, you keep him. If he doesn't, you cut him. This may even keep Tony Gonzalez around.

What do you folks think?

I have no clue who Gore is on the Chiefs and I hope you're not implying the Chiefs taking Aaron Curry a waste... Because that's far from it.

And how is Cutler not a leader? He's a young, vocal QB and still has a lot of room to grow. Like him or not he's taken big strides every year in theleague.

Dolphins
Giants
Vikings
Steelers
Titans
Panthers
Chargers
Cardinals
Patriots
Cowboys
Packers
Colts
Bucs
Seahawks
Eagles
Ravens
Bears
Saints

That's how many teams that have won division titles just since 2006.

24 possible NFL division winners since 2006 and 18 different teams have won them.

I would say the Chiefs have a decent chance in today's NFL.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I have no clue who Gore is on the Chiefs and I hope you're not implying the Chiefs taking Aaron Curry a waste... Because that's far from it.

And how is Cutler not a leader? He's a young, vocal QB and still has a lot of room to grow. Like him or not he's taken big strides every year in the league.

He talking about D bowe.

i'm not saying they won't. but even if they do, that doesn't mean they'll be contenders.

i mean, Miami won their division this year after going 1-15 last year, but they are clearly still a mediocre team, and a long ways from making any noise in theNFL.

so yes, if Cassell plays well and their defense improves, they could possibly upset the Chargers/Broncos and take the division on some tiebreaker type ishh.but i doubt it.

and just curious... why do you think Aaron Curry (the "Wake forest LB") would be a wasted pick? that's definitely not a common opinion..

I'm bugging Bowe is who i meant. I didn't mean waste in the literal sense. Drafting A. Curry would be huge boost for their D. I can see them beingdivision champs anytime soon.

Cutler is a primadonna and that can be said about a lot of people, but lets see how good he really is outside of a Shanahan system.

The weis system has been in place in NE for a while now and Cassel learned that as a backup and ran that this season. Haley is a Weis disciple and now is theKC coach and Cassel won't have to learn any new plays, etc. He slides into a familiar system.

Matt Cassel ain't all that....
Not without Larry Johnson on that squad.
fixed.

I don't believe the Chargers are going to decline as much as people hope. No they won't win the super bowl anytime soon but I don't see themlosing that division

Cutler's not great, but he's not bad. He can play pretty bad at times but I think in the next few years he'll come into his own and the Chargersand Broncos will run the West.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Dolphins
Giants
Vikings
Steelers
Titans
Panthers
Chargers
Cardinals
Patriots
Cowboys
Packers
Colts
Bucs
Seahawks
Eagles
Ravens
Bears
Saints

That's how many teams that have won division titles just since 2006.

24 possible NFL division winners since 2006 and 18 different teams have won them.

I would say the Chiefs have a decent chance in today's NFL.
well done! I was about to post something similar with a little bit less detail, thanks for saving me the time. (we may be the same person by theway.. i find myself co-signing with you a lot - my name is Ryan as well
nerd.gif
, which i assume is yours too from the name)

But yeah - the Chiefs winning the west wouldn't be all that surprising... look at how bad some of the teams in the west have been recently, not likethere's some dynasty out there which would be tough to break through - and it's easy to make quick turnarounds in the NFL right now.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Of course they can...that division is weak IMO.

It is a very weak division bro. I'm just hoping LT stays...i think he deserves at least one full healthy year to prove he still has a lot left in his tank.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom