Fact or Fiction: If Andre 3000 was from New York, he would be considered the GOAT hands down

Dude verses most of the time are nothing short of incredible, lyricism, wordplay, freestyle, song making, hooks, I can't really name an area where he lacks. I feel as thought he is given a hell of a lot of props and recognition, but thT he is still under rated because he's from the South and country boys not supposed to spit like that. If he was from New York, I feel like he would be viewed a little higher.

If you're good, you're good....being from NY wouldn't change !+*@ as far as what people think of him. Dude is respected and people know his talent.

Na, I think if he was a solo artist he would be.
But this "GOAT" +!%# is stupid anyway, art is subjective, there is no greatest.

He would def get more respect. I understand the solo project stance must people take tho

O and Cee-Lo > 3K

Originally Posted by cartune

He would def get more respect. I understand the solo project stance must people take tho

O and Cee-Lo > 3K

Nah playboy.....for the longest I thought Big Boi>>3k tho

You mean if he was from NY and went to ATL and joined Outkast? I don't really think so. He'd still be overlooked in the beginning of his career and have just about the same amount of recognition now.

If he was from NY and had solo albums, there's a good chance he'd be considered GOAT right after Big passed.

Where he is from has nothing to do with his greatness but if you're trying to gear this argument to popularity then yeah it matters. Of course this only counts for 10-12 years ago. Now it doesn't really matter.

Hes GOAT regardless. Once that solo releases you cnt use that excuse anymore. Just pls hurry already
frown.gif

"They saying that N_ dre depressed living prisoner to that glasshouse/ Daily p's of that grass got the mother__ passed out"
grin.gif

I don't think it makes a difference... People still rank him high either way. Classic after classic with Outkast, its kinda hard not to. I don't think location matters when debating where 3k ranks.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He just needs to release a solo rap project, honestly. There isn't much more to it than that.

Basically.... We still waitin.

solo rap songs have been recorded, trust me

He needs to drop a solo lp.

Then drop another kast album.

Then drop a collab with Jay Elect.

Son is ranked extremely high off verses in EVERYONE who knows hip hops list. Dude is far from underrated. 

I wanna see son drop at least two solo LPs that can be scrutinized like the other great MCs who were either praised or %#*%*# on for their own works.

Difference between that and working under a group name where you're sharing the spotlight, criticism, and creative direction of your works.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

I wanna see son drop at least two solo LPs that can be scrutinized like the other great MCs who were either praised or %#*%*# on for their own works.

Difference between that and working under a group name where you're sharing the spotlight, criticism, and creative direction of your works.
He has one with Love Below. Add a solo rap album this time & its more then enough

Originally Posted by awwsome

Co-signing this x100
+

Andre is so overrated. I can't wait till' his solo project drops... Dead all the D-riding on NT.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by awwsome

Co-signing this x100
+

Andre is so overrated. I can't wait till' his solo project drops... Dead all the D-riding on NT.
it's fun to debate though

Fiction. I still can't wait to hear his solo album and would love a new outkast album though
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Andre 3k being from New York wouldn't eliminate Jay-Z, Biggie, Nas, Cole, Eminem, etc. from having ever existed.

Will it boost his stock? Probably.

GOAT?
roll.gif

Big boi is gonna be tight when dre matches his first week numbers in one day. I think he can drop a low key masterpiece if he actually raps on the joint. Love below doesn't count. That was his 808s/ heartbreaks.

Back
Top Bottom