Fact: The greatness of "The Element of Freedom" is overshadowed by Alicia's "homewrecker" status

balloonoboy

Banned
The album is phenomenal. Possibly one of the best of the last decade.

It's sold well, nothing compared to her previous albums in as much time, but one of the better songs has just been released as a single (Unthinkable).

I believe the sales and overall reception of the album would have been better received had she not got involved with a married man - Swizz Beatz. Why? Because females are the main ones to buy her music...heck, albums period. So many of them feel some kind of way against her and have refused to support her latest effort, which is quite a shame.

The ironic thing is that I don't think she would have crafted such a masterpiece had she not got involved with Mr. Beatz.

I genuinely feel like that not that many people even know of said scandal....

I definitely noticed ALOT of females speaking on it...whether they liked the album or not. Alot of chicks were either like "I don't like what Alica did, but the album is nice" or "I don't like what Alica did, so I will not listen to the album"

fact "no one" was the song of the year

fact "whatever the name of that one alicia single" didnt do the job

embarassed.gif

what the hell you talking about? she is getting a free pass for been a homewrecker

the CD ant that good is all

Originally Posted by iHust1e

I genuinely feel like that not that many people even know of said scandal....

I agree, most people that I know were shocked when I even mentioned it.
I'm glad she isn't getting destroyed by the media, but I am hating on swizz beats getting her, I think he should get demolished by the media...

I dislike him...
mad.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But seriously I think with or without the "homewrecker" status she'd be in the same position as she's in now.

Originally Posted by AirMax305

fact "no one" was the song of the year

fact "whatever the name of that one alicia single" didnt do the job

yep...

still one of my favorite albums of last year..

damn U got a pic of that rock you were hiding under?
laugh.gif

but seriously I think they met in a studio while working on a track and it went from there... and Swizz... smh... Im just mad she's dealin with him

Back
Top Bottom