Fair or foul? An active player wearing another team's gear?

Fair or foul? An active player wearing another team's gear?

• Fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foul

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I think the 49ers organization should be more upset than thr fans. I couldnt care less personally, but totally understand why the Niners would be mad. A former player of mine is in the St. louis Cardinals organization ans was fined $500 for wearing a Giants hat on an off day. Cant see Kap not at least getting a warning from the team

I have no problem with the organization taking it the wrong way if they choose to since he's an employee for them.

I can see why a fan would get annoyed by it but personally its not that serious to me. As long as he's playing hard on gameday that's all that matters.

Last edited:
thats like me playing football for usc and me rocking alabama gear. lol colin, im not mad, its just wierd...

It's really not that deep, but I know people will treat him like he sold nuclear weapons to al quaeda.

It's sports. It's a game. It's not life and death, as many fans try make it out to be (even sinking as low as to fight another teams fan) I'm sure he wore team apparel before he became pro, and he still feels comfortable in the same attire. As long as he handles business on the field, that's all that matters.

Come to think of it, many companies are strict with their employees regarding promoting your competition.
A girl I worked with interned for coke and she was told that she can't drink pepsi products in public.
I'm sure you wont walk in a lacoste store and see the workers wearing polo.
I doubt lebron will pull out some adidas tmac 2s for old times sake.

I see where kap is coming from, but I think the organization will pull him to the side. For some reason, it seems like a bigger "offense" because it's football.

I think it's getting more out of hand because he's publicly acknowledging this "issue."

Nothing to see, really. He should've just moved on and not even address this.

I don't get why the media and fans are making such a big deal out of this. He just wore a hat because he probably thought it matched his fit. Let the man live, it the offseason for crying out loud.

It's just a hat, not like he murdered someone.

I don't get why the media and fans are making such a big deal out of this. He just wore a hat because he probably thought it matched his fit. Let the man live, it the offseason for crying out loud.

It's just a hat, not like he murdered someone.

as a Pats fan, that shot stung

:smh:

Last edited:
as long as its not a rival i don't see it as a big deal... with non rivals, i can understand why some people might get uptight about it, but at the end of the day its just a hat or jersey. whoever is wearing it is probably just trying to match or likes the style of that hat.

as long as its not a rival i don't see it as a big deal...

Any team's a rival - in the same sport anyway.

I don't have a problem with Iverson or Kobe in the examples given though as they are clearly wearing throwbacks of an all-time great - not just random fan wear.

Players clearly aren't always fans of the team they play for - it can just be a job - but it doesn't send a good message wearing the gear of another team.

CC should get a pass for the Brooklyn Dodgers cap, they haven't existed since 1957. But to answer the question at hand, it should be frowned upon. They are professional athletes, rocking the competition's gear is unprofessional.

Here is the problem I have with this. Nowadays, a lot of these kids are fans of the players first and the teams second. Seeing their favorite player wear the competition's gear will not only drive up sales of the competitor's fan merchandise, but might also lead into the fandom of the competitors.

IMO it should be a part of the business and being a professional athlete. It should be no big deal for them to not wear other teams gear while they are playing ball especially when they are being paid millions to represent their respective teams.

Back
Top Bottom