Fake Adidas Philippines jackets?

What's up,
Just wanted to know if all these Adidas Philippines jackts that are coming from there are authentic or not?  Here's an example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ategory=137084&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1
From what I was told, the Philippine government stopped Adidas from producing them a long time ago because only their athletes were allowed to wear their flag (or some reason similar to that).  Can anbody provide any info?

Yeah.. those were the first Philippine flag inspired jackets by Adidas. It's pretty hard to tell if it's legit or not unless you check it in person. Anyway the new Philippines jackets by Adidas are already released and can be found everywhere. They look like this.

jacketfront.jpg

May not be as good as the first one but still..

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Thanks for the reply, but can you tell me if fakes for the first jacket exist?

A lot of fakes exist... Just visit Greenhills tiangge and you'll see a lot!

If the jacket is not in an adidas plastic, most probably its fake, you can also check the size on the neck label, if it occupies almost the whole square, that's fake, the legit one only occupies more or less 1/3 of the square in thinner font too, for the tag, there's a brown label inside the blue label, the blue label do exist with the fakes too.. hope this lil tips helps
smile.gif

^ yo icebox15! are you selling that first jacket by adidas reppin the pi cw on your multiply site?

@supaugly
nope, sorry bro, we weren't distributor of Adidas yet at that time
smile.gif
I remembering I both mine at Adidas G4, and another one at Adidas TriNoma, the sales man even kept it under the cashier's table, kept it for 2 years before selling it last year
smile.gif

I don't think they stopped selling them.. A champs sports store in my area had a shipment on em last week

here are some pics of the authentic adidas flag jacket that recently dropped at champs feb/2010
168ixaa.jpg
246jalt.jpg
10ftlw7.jpg
28a6hir.jpg

Originally Posted by xmocncrds

here are some pics of the authentic adidas flag jacket that recently dropped at champs feb/2010
168ixaa.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys.  Hold up though, isn't this the same jacket that dropped a few years back?  Did they re-release the same jacket, and are these selling in the US right now?

10ftlw7.jpg

what's up with the spelling on the tag adidas?jeez
eyes.gif

yes they have been release again here in u.s at champs sports 2 weeks ago.

coming from he guy that sells fake concords seriously why are u still on this board????????????????

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

10ftlw7.jpg

what's up with the spelling on the tag adidas?jeez
eyes.gif

nerd.gif
Good eyes.
smh.gif
eyes.gif

Actually the wrong spelling of "Philippines" on the tag was also the same as the second release of the Adidas Philippine Track Top here, 2 years ago i believe, the jacket I've bought from Adidas TriNoma has the same spelling.

about 2 years ago i attempted to purchase this jacket off of ebay. the first one i bought was authentic but ended up being too big and the seller had none left in my size. then i bought one from another seller with excellent feedback only to end up with a fake. fortunately i was able to get a refund. i gave up looking after that.
here are the comparison pics from back then:
(authentic is on the left side)
n7sht.jpg

2q9vztf.jpg

2diktnn.jpg

neul2u.jpg

2yttir9.jpg

hrj2g9.jpg

jhtt15.jpg

vmujrd.jpg

ig9n3s.jpg

oshi1l.jpg

65s5tg.jpg

i finally picked up an authentic one in my size this evening. mission accomplished.
thank you both for the heads up.

wow! fakes can really pass as authentics if you dont have an authentic item to compare to....

thanks for this! very informative!

there's actually some other fake flag jackets that are sold, with the brown tag like the original one, except its lacking some other labels, and the neck label's sizing is bigger than the authentic one, be careful to those who are buying online especially eBay

168ixaa.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys.  Hold up though, isn't this the same jacket that dropped a few years back?  Did they re-release the same jacket, and are these selling in the US right now?
Yes...it is the same jacket from the Fall of 2007...

The Buyer at Champs ( 
wink.gif
) is a pretty smart dude...obviously...he saw the opportunity and demanded that adidas bring this style back...after years of fighting with adidas over the style...it is back!

Not to BS anyone into running out and getting it...but, they are BLOWING out of most stores...many stores sold out the first weekend it was back on the market...

Best thing...it is now EXCLUSIVE to Champs and has delivered recently in both US and Canadian Champs Sports stores...

JM

jmadidas2001 in the PI forum
eek.gif

I remember seeing the OG Adidas PI jacket at Champs Westfield SF in '07 months after I bought mine from District. I posted the info on NT and every piece sold within the day.

Even with the fakes outnumbering the originals, it's good to see the 1st design make a comeback. I actually know more non-Filipinos who rock the said jacket.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

168ixaa.jpg

The Buyer at Champs ( 
wink.gif
) is a pretty smart dude...obviously...he saw the opportunity and demanded that adidas bring this style back...after years of fighting with adidas over the style...it is back!

Not to BS anyone into running out and getting it...but, they are BLOWING out of most stores...many stores sold out the first weekend it was back on the market...

Best thing...it is now EXCLUSIVE to Champs and has delivered recently in both US and Canadian Champs Sports stores...

JM
Thanks for the 411 JM!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

168ixaa.jpg

The Buyer at Champs ( 
wink.gif

JM
JM, Which Champs stores in the US, mainly in CA carries this?

Back
Top Bottom