Fake Jordans Back in 1985!!!!

Originally Posted by zyvo23

interestingly enough, I tried looking up Stadia shoes and found out that Kinny shoes (owned Stadia) also owned Foot Locker, Footaction USA, and Champs.  Kinney was a division of Woolworth's and eventually became their most profitable division.  When the Kinney stores began failing, they focused on the Foot Locker concept and eventually evolved into Footlocker Inc.  I guess they figured if you can't beat 'em, sell 'em...

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Kinney-Shoe-Corp-Company-History.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_Locker

In all fairness Footaction USA was a later acquisition, it initially started off as it's own company and was a pretty big competitor for a while. When Nike relaunched the dunk in the late 90s they did it through footaction stores since they had a  more "urban/hip" profile (as much as you can for a mall shop). It's pretty crazy when you start looking at stores in a mall and realize that the shoe stores all feed the same company.

Back in 1985 Pony also did a knockoff called "City Wings" I can still remember a kid in my hoops class wearing them......

398026937.jpg

Originally Posted by ALDY

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

images
sang company also from 1985

I went in here just to post these.. 

laugh.gif

Here's another pic:

Purchase-a-used-pair-of-Air-ordan-Wings-Socks-Get-a-Free-Pair-of-SANGS-2-600x450.jpg

These are so dope.

I remember I tried bidding on a pair like 8 yrs ago. They went for a decent amount of money, something like $100.

dope topic...these are no way fakes just a knock off....id like to own that pair of arrows lol seems so dope and vintage

I can definitely respect the look a like xj9k and such shoe game, at least you knew what u were gttn rather it be sprint pro wing fubu whateva u knew what u had or what it really was, this chit here we deal wit today you think u may have an authentic product and you've paid premium prices and it's a total fake unauthorized bull junk[emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji]

Wouldn't even call those fakes akin to today's fakes, they a different model :lol:
We got some high end kicks which look more like 1s then those

Wouldn't even call those fakes akin to today's fakes, they a different model :lol:
We got some high end kicks which look more like 1s then those

they're knockoffs (which differs from fakes) but vintage stuff is always cool to look at.

Back
Top Bottom