Fake Jordans Back in 1985!!!!

here we have some fake j's back in 1985, so that goes to show even back then fakes were profitable!! unreal!!

well maybe not fakes but they wannabes LOL

the materials on these are probably way better then the materials jordan brand uses today!! lol
roll.gif

roll.gif

The shoe company that was the most popular for Jordan knockoffs from the late 80's to early 90's
was called XJ9000.  They had the 3's and 4's down to the elephant print and the plastic netting.
We all knew they were fakes, but so many kids had them on that nobody really cared.

these cannot be considered as fakes but rather imitations.
They didn't copy the Air Jordan or Nike logos, so they only
copied the design and colorblocking.

There was a brand called "Troop" that imitated Jordans as well. Also "British Knights" had exact replicas, minus Nike swoosh, jumpman, etc....

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Pointless????
I wouldn't say so. I think it's somewhat informative especially for some of us who weren't around in 1985. It might not be relevant to this day and age, but it's interesting to see how even though Jordan wasn't as big as a brand back then, his shoes were still being imitated.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

The shoe company that was the most popular for Jordan knockoffs from the late 80's to early 90's
was called XJ9000.  They had the 3's and 4's down to the elephant print and the plastic netting.
We all knew they were fakes, but so many kids had them on that nobody really cared.

they also had a reebok pump version...i know cuz u had a pair as a lil one
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

I remember my first pair of Jordan's as a kid were the black/red VIII's and even as a 3rd grader was ticked when I saw a pair that looked almost just like them at Payless. Anybody else remember seeing those?

they weren't fakes...just knockoffs....i remember one of my classmates back in 89 had those in the black cement IV format.....look almost identical except for the obvious...(jumpman flight on the tongue...Nike Air on the back and Nike on the outsole....)

Google "FUBU Space Jams"

A kid at my school has them and swear he swags the %#*% out with his Jorts and South Pole Polos

Yep i always heard there were fake IIIs and IVs 20 years ago. I'd take off those logos and make some super high and super awesome 1's instead of 3/4 height being consdered truly high

Originally Posted by jordanfreak23

There was a brand called "Troop" that imitated Jordans as well. Also "British Knights" had exact replicas, minus Nike swoosh, jumpman, etc....
Troops and BKs.... ccccuuuuuzzzzzzz.... I still got some BKs that I break out once in awhile on Goon Patrol....

nerd.gif

Before my time, but i think a lot of the sneakers back then were made very similar... Especially when Jordans came around & started to get famous.

Stadias were sold at Pay Less retailers back in the day...they jacked the low top Adidas Ewing Attitudes!

Back
Top Bottom