Fake Sneakers at Nike Outlets?

Saw these at a Nike outlet in Boston and couldn't believe my eyes. I grabbed them instantly, about to solidify my purchase, but then I looked at them moreclosely, and to me, they looked "off".

They looked funny, like they were fake. So I asked one of the guys that worked there. I told him this may sound like a stupid question, but are these real orfake? He told me that someone just returned these this morning. He also said that all sneakers are checked, and that they scanned the barcode and matched it towhat they have in the books, and if it doesn't pass, then they don't take em. So obviously these passed, but despite all that he said, they just lookedfake to me. Now, I'm no expert, and far less knowledgable than people on here about spotting fakes. But from things I've picked up on here, here iswhat I saw. The font on the tag looked different, The "C" looked off, and the date is not touching the barcode.

Another thing that made them look wierd was the inside tongue:

They look poorly sewned.

And check out the letter "I" in air max on one of the insoles:

Either it's crooked because they are fake, or because they are cheaply made and is moving or coming off because of wear.

And look at the ironed vertical lines on these:

They're suppose to go all the way up and not "peak"...at least that's what I think.

Now, fakes usually come from China and most legit pairs come from Vietnam, but these just looked off. And they checked out from whoever checked them(don't know if they checked the style number or what, but they passed). So I had to make a pimp decision, and NOT cop.

So did I make the right decision? Are the real or fake?

And if they are fake, how the HELL could they pass Nike's system, and allow fakes to be sold in an official Nike store? Myguess is that the bootleggers aregetting etter and better and mad them good. If so, that's scary cause now people could turn a profit by getting fakes and returning them to Nike spots toget their retail value.

your right those are fake.
eek.gif

well i see the box says b-grade which by definition is a sneaker made but rejected because of poor quality or defects. It seems the pair your have are likeF-grades because of both poor quality and defects. but those are more than likely real.

OR.........someone bought a legit pair and switched them with a fake and returned them.

Can't believe all of you guys are pointing fingers at Nike. SMH...

Seems like the profile of the shoe itself is way off - sorry if you bought them. How much did you pay for them? Hope you didn't spend too much. Was thereany other pairs available for comparison even if it was a different colourway? Nice big air bubbles though

Originally Posted by jbv1

Seems like the profile of the shoe itself is way off - sorry if you bought them. How much did you pay for them? Hope you didn't spend too much. Was there any other pairs available for comparison even if it was a different colourway? Nice big air bubbles though
Nah, no way I bought them. I had doubt and I'm glad I listened to my instinct.

But they were priced at $79.99, which is around what fakes go for anyway. I just feel bad for the person who eventually does buy them. I didn't think abouttelling a manager until now, so I guess I should of.

Not an expert on 95's but, the box could be real and the shoes could be fake...
eyes.gif

and since most nike outlet employees are just clueless pawns of the nike Corporation they wouldn't be able to tell the difference if the word"fake" was printed on them...

I have that EXACT colorway, and can tell you those definitely look fake. Unbelievable that those got by an official Nike store.
eek.gif
smh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at "F-grade" !!!!

NYCZ ILLEST - props to you pointing this issueout...I hope nike is reading this....I heard a couple of stories about the switching real/fakes then returning it for a refund/credit... the person whoswitched is very lucky though (because he got free shoes)

the salesperson saying as long as the barcode matches what they have in the books is a bunch of baloney!!!! matter fact, he should have been fired for lettingthat "pass"....

If I was a customer and I saw that, I would be tight and go directly to the manager and say yo yo yo yo is this what's poppin now-a-days?!?

anyways.....this is crazyyyyy

The upper looks terrible. The speed lacing is all jumlbed like variants. Wow - simply, wow.....

First guess is to assume a switch (customer either returning them) Or just simple theft....swapping the shoes they were wearing, with employees not evenknowing the difference.

Thats some scary sh*t though.

I'm sure this happens a lot in any shoe store, not just at NFS. At the NFS that I go to high school girls work at the register, it's their job to knowbut how would they spot real from fake kicks? When I make returns they don't check tags, they just make sure that shoes weren't used.

Originally Posted by Donkey K0NG

OR.........someone bought a legit pair and switched them with a fake and returned them.

same thing i was about to say...

Originally Posted by Donkey K0NG

Exactly. Same thing happened where I work. Some one bought a legit pair of AM360's and returned a fake pair. It was too late, by the time the manager checked the shoes, the customer had already gotten his money back and left the store.
As far as nike selling fake shoes, that's ludacris. Nike destroys or donates fake and defective shoes.

Back
Top Bottom