Fake Sneakers at Nike Outlets?

This is inevitable. As long as there are counterfeit goods in circulation, every retailer is subject to this, not just Nike. Keep in mind that alot of Nike employees haven't had the privilege of seeing or studying every Nike model ever released, so they won't be able to determine a"fake" from an authentic Nike by the mostly subtle differences. Until a company-wide plan is initiated, we have to rely solely on stricter returnpolicies, keen employee instincts, and any outside voluntary information from the public.

Many employees at Nike outlets (I would know I used to work at one) don't know anything about sneakers, so someone probably "returned" them toget a store credit, and the store was dumb enough to take them! Now they get a $79.99 (most likely) credit!

the funny thing is, Nike should be able to track the box back to the person that returned it right?

i hope that person gets got
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

the funny thing is, Nike should be able to track the box back to the person that returned it right?

i hope that person gets got
laugh.gif

Yes, they should. I returned a pair of iD's once, and another pair of something else, and both times, they asked for id and my address. So unless Nikeis lazy and doesn't track that person down, you can say it's their own fault.

when i worked at fnl people tried this all the time

i saw fake 360s a lot

and depending on who was working the particular shift they would get away with it

it's unfortunate, but pretty commonplace

I'm tired of cats taking up for ignorant shoe store employees, it is literally their job to know the shoes they sell, the more they know, the easier it isto sell

You couldn't buy a BMW and return a Honda Civic with BMW body parts to a car dealership

Also, they should start doing like Wal Mart, they have printed out item/returning guides that clearly state what the item being returned should consist of(well, some Wal Marts do)

wow that is terrible. it couldve been a buy/ return switch, or it couldve been an in-store switch. plenty people do it at the nfs where i live and itsterrible... except theyll do it with like, beater adidas and new balance kicks

This isn't nike's fault. The employee you spoke to even said "those were returned this morning." I work at an outlet and half the idiots whorun the register don't even pay attention when they're checking the sizes. And even less pay attention to selling the right shoe to the box. This is aretail job. We hire highschoolers. In my store only 3 of us are heavy into the shoe game. Outside of me and two others, nobody could spot a fake. If I'm atthe register I'm looking at every return but because of what I know about shoes and the technologies I stay in footwear. They only train the cashiers tocheck to see if the shoe is re-sellable if the customer has no receipt or if its been more than 30 days. As far as what they teach cashiers, those weren'tworn outside, they can be resold.

He told me that someone just returned these this morning. He also said that all sneakers are checked, and that they scanned the barcode and matched it to what they have in the books, and if it doesn't pass, then they don't take em
Umm it sounds like whoever you spoke to doesn't know what they're doing. On a return, if the customer has a receipt we check the upc fromthe box to the receipt so that they get the price that they paid back. Then we scan the barcode on the box and correct the price it comes up as if it needs tobe corrected. If there's no receipt then they get the price that it comes up as. I don't know what "books" he's talking about. Either itcomes up in our system on the register or it doesn't. I've never seen an item not come up at all. Sometimes on a brand new item that just came out thatgets returned to a factory store the price will be $00.00 but we still get the description of the item and everything. Just no price.

If you want talk to the store manager about them. The only footwear products I've ever seen with no UPC printed on the size tag are sandals. Never seen anactual sneaker without it. And if they have more 95's compare how the others have a UPC on the size tag and this one doesn't have it.

Unfortunately, the explanation above pretty much sums it up. This isn't the first time and it will definitely not be the last. It's something that hasto be worked on and requires a thorough, efficient, company-wide system in place. As with any other retailer, things will "slip through the cracks".For argument's sake, you simply cannot go after the customer that returned them because you're not 100% sure if they knew they had a counterfeitproduct in their possession.

Yeah, it couple be a number of peoples faults, but we'll never know. The employees aren't to blame because it's not their job to spot them. Onlyperson I can point blame to 100% is the person making the fakes in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom