Falling in love with Buddhism. Anyone make the change?

for you karma dudes..

little eight year old girl gets raped.. what the hell did she do to DESERVE being raped?

Originally Posted by Freakazoid

I'm asian and growing up in believing in Buddhism is remarkable. You see things and respect thing in a different way. Yes Karma is a !@#$%... As i get older i realize that if u do good; good things will happen vice versa (bad karma). And everything does happen for a reason.

but you do know that the concept of karma in it's purest form state that it comes back in your next life right? just sayin.....

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by nublee

Originally Posted by Yen2dro3

You believe in a old fat Asianguy? are youAsian?
ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif

off yourself, seriously.

I'm a Buddhist myself (though not a hardcore Buddhist), so if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer

I am kind of interested in knowing the Philosophy of it, care to explain best in your own words? But keep it short, I don't want to read to much.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
here is a basic guideline: http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/fourtruths.html

and a video that i recently came upon:

The thing I hate the most about religion is donating. They always take the money & build a beautiful structure instead of helping crippled mf's.

You believe in a old fat Asian guy? are you Asian?
ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif

off yourself, seriously.

I'm a Buddhist myself (though not a hardcore Buddhist), so if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer

I am kind of interested in knowing the Philosophy of it, care to explain best in your own words? But keep it short, I don't want to read to much.
laugh.gif
frown.gif
To me, the central point of Buddhist philosophy would be how you view life.  Bad things are gonna happen in anybody's life, whether it be illness or deprivation, but rather than being dragged down by these emotions, I guess you can say Buddhism teaches you to acknowledge these emotions, allowing yourself to think rationally and clearly.  Karma is another huge part of the philosophy; ultimately, by doing your best to be kind and considerate of others, you elude potentially bad omens. 

Hopefully that made some sense
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

ohwell.gif
the philosophy > the creator

The philosophy is a lot of bs. Your telling me you really believe in karma?
laugh.gif

Buddhism is much more believable that bs in the bible
who said i believe in the bible? 
nerd.gif

ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif

off yourself, seriously.

laugh.gif
frown.gif
No,I think you should off yourself so you can be reincarnated into a spider and i can step on you.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

for you karma dudes..

little eight year old girl gets raped.. what the hell did she do to DESERVE being raped?

She didnt have to do anything to deserve it, unfortunately. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It's not right, but it's life. The person who raped said girl is gonna get his though, whether in prison or through the universe balancing itself.

for you karma dudes..

But if you believe in God/Allah, why does God/Allah let it happen?

Originally Posted by Noskey

for you karma dudes..

She didnt have to do anything to deserve it, unfortunately. Bad things happen to good people all the time. It's not right, but it's life. The person who raped said girl is gonna get his though, whether in prison or through the universe balancing itself.
"Bad things happen to good people all the time" so.. where is the karma in that?

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

for you karma dudes..

QFTMFT

Religion is not my thing, but if i became religious, I'd be buddhist

for you karma dudes..

"Bad things happen to good people all the time" so.. where is the karma in that?

people seem to fail to realize the concept of karma. it's not necessarily everything you do in THIS life that affect it, its your past and present that shapes your future.

"good" people in this life might not be so good their last life that is causing these bad karmas in the present.

for you karma dudes..

from wikipedia:

Everything that we have ever thought, spoken, done or caused is Karma;as is also that which we think, speak or do this very moment. Afterdeath we lose the ability to act and do karma. Actionsperformed consciously are weighted more heavily than those doneunconsciously. But just as poison affects us if taken unknowingly,suffering caused unintentionally will also give appropriate karmiceffect. We are in position to do something about our destiny by doingthe right thing at the right time. Through positive actions, purethoughts, prayer, mantra and meditation, we can resolve the influenceof the karma in present life and turn the destiny for the better. Aspiritual master knowing the sequence in which our Karma will bearfruit, can help us. As humans, we have the opportunity to speed up ourspiritual progress with practice of good Karma. We produce negativekarma because we lack knowledge and clarity.

for you karma dudes..

Karma isn't perfect. Some peoples lives will be unfair, just as some people will live an easy life. But whatever balances the universe is what needs to happen.

I mix a lot of religious philosophies btw, so my perception of karma may be different than a Buddhists.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

ohwell.gif

Ignorance at it's finest right here. How old are you kid? 12?
On another note, why is it that when a person is implying immaturity to another the number 12 is always the age? The psychology classes I took didn't specifically cover this.
The cusp of becoming a teenager.

ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif

off yourself, seriously.

laugh.gif
frown.gif
To me, the central point of Buddhist philosophy would be how you view life.  Bad things are gonna happen in anybody's life, whether it be illness or deprivation, but rather than being dragged down by these emotions, I guess you can say Buddhism teaches you to acknowledge these emotions, allowing yourself to think rationally and clearly.  Karma is another huge part of the philosophy; ultimately, by doing your best to be kind and considerate of others, you elude potentially bad omens. 

Hopefully that made some sense
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Kinda sounds like the other religions doesn't it? Like someone took what they liked from religions and pieced it together.

for you karma dudes..

QFTMFT

Religion is not my thing, but if i became religious, I'd be buddhist

Its not exactly letting it happen as to letting the world turn and us serve our punishment for disobedience. A lot of the times, when a horrible act like that occurs, there were many things that could have been done to avoid it.

I am not religious at all but I understand why organized religions exist and for the most part they are great mind control devices. Without them, I'm fearful of what this world could become. I've read Conrad's Heart of Darkness too many damn times.

for you karma dudes..

just like God gives us all free will to believe in what we want, he gives us free will to do what we want.
Whenever it comes to religion there will always be more questions than answers. I enjoy learning about different religions and I believe that some buddhist principles everyone should go by.
I take it just like I do some ethical principles, I just agree with them but doesn't mean I'm changing my religion

Back
Top Bottom