Falling in love with Buddhism. Anyone make the change?

Taking this classical philosophies course this semester: I'm learning about Buddhism.

It's opening my eyes to reality. Instead of closing reality where I felt a lot of other religions did.

Anyone follow Buddhism? Or subscribe to their ideals/ideas?

You believe in a old fat Asian guy? are you Asian?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Yen2dro3

ohwell.gif
the philosophy > the creator

The philosophy is a lot of bs. Your telling me you really believe in karma?
laugh.gif

in 2001, my first semester of college i took an ethics and critical thinking class.

turns out the professor is an anarchist/buddhist.  he was extremely inspiring/reasonable in the way he presented arguments, he completely blew my mind.

i then took all the classes he taught:  intro to philosophy, political philosophy, eastern philosophy, logic.  he released a book in 2008 called: "moral reasons" by charles k. fink.

i don't follow buddhism to a T but have experimented with buddhist ideas and as a result have gained a deeper sense of inner peace.

i would recommend the book "the miracle of mindfulness" by thick nhat hanh for anyone trying to grow in a spiritual/inner sense.  easy read too.

You dont need to believe in a religion to open your eyes. Just read some books and observe the lies you've been told to since birth.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

ohwell.gif

Ignorance at it's finest right here. How old are you kid? 12?
On another note, why is it that when a person is implying immaturity to another the number 12 is always the age? The psychology classes I took didn't specifically cover this.

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

ohwell.gif
the philosophy > the creator

The philosophy is a lot of bs. Your telling me you really believe in karma?
laugh.gif

Buddhism is much more believable that bs in the bible
the concept of karma(cause and effect) means the same as "you reap what you sow" which you can find in the bible.

organized religion is the problem here.  the people who push religion upon others are BS, not the concepts, meanings.

ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif

off yourself, seriously.

OP, I'm a Buddhist myself (though not a hardcore Buddhist), so if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer

I'm asian and growing up in believing in Buddhism is remarkable. You see things and respect thing in a different way. Yes Karma is a !@#$%... As i get older i realize that if u do good; good things will happen vice versa (bad karma). And everything does happen for a reason.

Originally Posted by nublee

ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif

off yourself, seriously.

I'm a Buddhist myself (though not a hardcore Buddhist), so if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer

I am kind of interested in knowing the Philosophy of it, care to explain best in your own words? But keep it short, I don't want to read to much.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom