Famous vegan YouTuber/influencer branded fraud VOL. eatin eggs/fish

FOOD
Vegan YouTuber Apologizes After She's Caught Eating Fish: 'I Made a Mistake'

RACHEL DESANTIS

Posted on March 20, 2019 3:10PM

sddefault.jpg

A vegan influencer who built a fanbase of more than 2 million by touting the health benefits of veganism has apologized after she was spotted eating animal products.

Yovana Mendoza Ayres, who goes by the name Rawvana on her social media channels, apologized last week in a YouTube video that said her decision to incorporate eggs and fish into her diet was an “emergency measure” spurred on by various health problems.

In the 33-minute video, Rawvana said she initially did not feel up to the task of sharing the news with her followers after six years of eating a raw vegan diet.

In the apology video, Rawvana explained her history with veganism, and how she adopted a raw vegan diet years ago after discovering how great it made her feel. She also added that she benefited from various other cleanses and diets too, like a water fast in which she only drank water for 25 days.

Eventually, Rawvana stopped getting her period for two years because of her diet, and blood tests revealed her hormones were pre-menopausal.

RELATED: Gordon Ramsay Tells Piers Morgan ‘Go F— Yourself’ Over Criticism of His Restaurant’s Vegan Food

After adding more fat and salt to her food intake, her period came back – but by 2017, she said, she was “basically anemic” with low thyroid levels.

Eventually, she developed SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), and at her doctors’ suggestions, decided to “experiment” with adding animal products to her diet in order to “put [her] health first.”

media

Added another, “It’s really hard to believe someone that has claimed to be vegan for a long time and then only comes out as non vegan anymore because they were caught eating fish in a video. You cashed in on something you knew was growing and profitable. Very deceitful.”

“You are simply a fraud,” wrote another commenter.

As of Wednesday afternoon, her video, titled, “THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING,” had 3,500 “likes” on YouTube, and more than 10,000 “dislikes

https://people.com/food/vegan-youtuber-rawvana-apologizes-caught-eating-fish/amp/

I am sure she inspired some folks to "live the right way" so I would say this shouldn't stop her from getting into the Pearly Gates.

Funny situation either way

Wait so you become vegan for the health benefits, but it starts killing you? People are still mad because she stoppped.

They all look like fools for doing it in the first place.

I’m good on that hypebeast food.

If there’s meat in it how can it be vegan? I see people post vegan bbq and vegan steak sandwiches.

It’s just a get rich quick scheme for hypes to capititalze on

Read this yesterday.

I kinda don’t see the big deal. Are my favorite rappers really out there moving dope and drinking lean?
It is kind of a big deal though because she is promoting veganism yet secretly eating animal products. That's unethical.

Your choices in life shouldn't matter to people but you gotta be honest with how you present yourself.

Anyway.... she's dumb for messing up her paper. She had like 3 channels because she's bilingual. With that much on the line how could she not keep her game tight. Her own friend inadvertently caught her slippin:

I feel sorry for her because when you have the name Yovana Mendoza you have to at least be a 8. She is cursed.

I think the issue is that she continued to profess veganism at a point when she wasn't. Got put on blast and tried to hide it. Then came with a weak apology. Ppl just upset cus she lied. She coulda been transparent in real time and said I gotta switch up for health reasons, I'll let you know how it goes. Ppl don't like liars.

Last edited:
Wild thing is with the YouTube game had she controlled the narrative herself and put out her own video on it with some clickbait title and screenshot she would have gained more popularity.

I think the issue is that she continued to professional veganism at a point when she wasn't. Got put on blast and tried to hide it. Then came with a weak apology. Ppl just upset cus she lied. She coulda been transparent in real time and said I gotta switch up for health reasons, I'll let you know how it goes. Ppl don't like liars.

Shorty probably had vegan brands and companies sponsoring her “lifestyle” and cutting off her check$ , plus that youtube money addicting.

Should’ve been honest about the “doctors told me to eat meat” and make a video off that before getting exposed.

Shorty gonna be flipping burgers at shack shake in no time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom