Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

R.Martin out 4-6 weeks
mad.gif
. I care for Fantasy Purposes, not real life, sorry Cinco
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

RoOk, please stop filling this thread with lies and garbage.  That "fantasy team" you just put up is complete and utter ducktales.  

doing fantasy baseball for the first time ever, 12 team league on ESPN

any general tips for a beginner?
nerd.gif
I'm playing with all my friends who are baseball heads so it would be really nice to smoke a couple of them
laugh.gif

Joe Nathan has a torn ligament in his right elbow.  Waiting to hear if he'll go through with surgery.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

indifferent.gif

RoOk, please stop filling this thread with lies and garbage.  That "fantasy team" you just put up is complete and utter ducktales.  

roll.gif

You want me to give you the link to my league and my team? Comeon son don't come at me like that man

Originally Posted by RoOk

http://games.espn.go.com/...?leagueId=87242&teamId=3

My link to my team. Not my fault the other owners tried to play it safe lol

A couple things.
1) You said you were in a 12 team league.  You are not.

2) What do you mean "play it safe?"

3) What are the settings of this league?!?  The standard ESPN leagues are $200 salary and when I add up how much your team costs, you exceed $200.  I am looking at how much each player costs right now.  

I am sorry for coming at you like that, and you did prove me wrong by posting your roster....but what you described earlier (12 team league, $200 limit) and the roster you have dont add up.  Your league settings must be different than how you described.  My bad for the reaction, but it still doesnt make sense.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

What order do you guys rank Aroidis Chapman, Tim Hudson, and Dice-K?
I think the normal response is going to be Dice-K, Hudson, Chapman (despite the hype, he hasn't proved anything yet.)

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'd put Hudson over Dice K.
I agree. I've never been a fan of Dice-K's career WHIP of 1.40.
sick.gif

Dice K's ceiling is MUCH higher than Hudsons though.  Hudson will have 85 strikeouts at the end of the season, and Dice K could have 185.  Yes his WHIP is high, but if he pitches like he can, he will be very good in 3 categories.  Both are huge injury risks.
If I have the choice between the two, I 100% go Dice K over Hudson.  I'll take the guy who can dominate the league at times over the guy who relies on his defense get outs.  

sick.gif

Dice K's ceiling is MUCH higher than Hudsons though.  Hudson will have 85 strikeouts at the end of the season, and Dice K could have 185.  Yes his WHIP is high, but if he pitches like he can, he will be very good in 3 categories.  Both are huge injury risks.
If I have the choice between the two, I 100% go Dice K over Hudson.  I'll take the guy who can dominate the league at times over the guy who relies on his defense get outs.  
It's hard if you have a high WHIP to be effective. That means you have a runner on base every inning, which means you're in the stretch every inning. It takes a toll. And with having runners on base every inning, it makes it a higher likelihood that they will score, affecting ERA. I've never been a fan of someone with a high WHIP. You can compensate a low K total by having more pitchers to get you more K's weekly.

You're making it sound like Hudson's '08 season where he had 85 K's a bad thing. He had a 3.17 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP. Those are very good numbers.

Hudson has been more consistent over the years. Dice-K had one good year up to this point. I'll take Hudson.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

i need some help would you take Ryan Theriot over Plácido Polanco?
What do you need? Help in BA or help in SB? If you need help with BA, then go with Polanco. If you need help with SB, go with Theriot.

I want to get your guys' opinion on Lance Berkman. I was involved in two drafts where Berkman fell to the 9th round and the 11th round. Was there a reason why he fell that much or did people just forget about him? I know he was injured last year, but falling to the 9th and 11th round? Prior to his injury last year, Berkman was a 1st or 2nd round pick, easily.

sick.gif

It's hard if you have a high WHIP to be effective. That means you have a runner on base every inning, which means you're in the stretch every inning. It takes a toll. And with having runners on base every inning, it makes it a higher likelihood that they will score, affecting ERA. I've never been a fan of someone with a high WHIP. You can compensate a low K total by having more pitchers to get you more K's weekly.

You're making it sound like Hudson's '08 season where he had 85 K's a bad thing. He had a 3.17 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP. Those are very good numbers.

Hudson has been more consistent over the years. Dice-K had one good year up to this point. I'll take Hudson.
First of all, Dice K had a 1.33 WHIP his first two seasons.  His career WHIP is 1.40 because of last season.  Take that away, and his 1.33 isnt viewed as great, but its not horrible.  Secondly, in his second full year in the Major Leagues, his 2.90 ERA was good enough to give him an 18-3 record.  An injury pretty much cost him his entire third season, but who is to say he doesnt duplicate or even exceed his second year stats?  If healthy, Daisuke CAN be one of the best pitchers in baseball.  The same cant and never will be said about Tim Hudson.

So basically, if he has a sub 3 ERA, I could give a flying @*$+ that WHIP is around 1.33......which isnt even horrible.  

sick.gif

First of all, Dice K had a 1.33 WHIP his first two seasons.  His career WHIP is 1.40 because of last season.  Take that away, and his 1.33 isnt viewed as great, but its not horrible.  Secondly, in his second full year in the Major Leagues, his 2.90 ERA was good enough to give him an 18-3 record.  An injury pretty much cost him his entire third season, but who is to say he doesnt duplicate or even exceed his second year stats?  If healthy, Daisuke CAN be one of the best pitchers in baseball.  The same cant and never will be said about Tim Hudson.

So basically, if he has a sub 3 ERA, I could give a flying @*$+ that WHIP is around 1.33......which isnt even horrible.  
I knew his 1.33 WHIP in his 1st two season were going to get mentioned.
laugh.gif

Look at his BB totals. In his 1st year he pitched 204.2 innings. Ok, that's cool. Scroll over to the BB column, and you see that he has 80 BB's. Ok, I guess.

Look at his next year. He pitched only 167.2 innings and his BB's even surpassed his previous season's mark with 94. More walks in less innings pitched?

That doesn't concern you? Because that concerns me.

sick.gif

I knew his 1.33 WHIP in his 1st two season were going to get mentioned.
laugh.gif

Look at his BB totals. In his 1st year he pitched 204.2 innings. Ok, that's cool. Scroll over to the BB column, and you see that he has 80 BB's. Ok, I guess.

Look at his next year. He pitched only 167.2 innings and his BB's even surpassed his previous season's mark with 94. More walks in less innings pitched?

That doesn't concern you? Because that concerns me.

His walk total went up yes, but his ERA went way way down.  So how much does it really matter if he is walking the park if they arent crossing the plate?  I say not at all.

Back
Top Bottom