Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

Did one of my drafts today... I actually had the first pick, I don't ever want first pick again
laugh.gif

2rfd8o3.jpg

Is this the advice thread? If so, sticky?
nerd.gif

I don't like having the 1st pick either. I've always liked middle position. In a league of 12 teams, the 6th pick or something like that is what I look for.
laugh.gif

Did you get Grady & Rollins on the 2nd/3rd turnaround, then Haren & Cain 4th/5th?

I'm interested to see what kind of numbers Sizemore puts up this year.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Did you get Grady & Rollins on the 2nd/3rd turnaround, then Haren & Cain 4th/5th?

I'm interested to see what kind of numbers Sizemore puts up this year.
2mpisup.jpg

The last 5 rounds I had no idea where I wanted to go... I think I might part with some of those guys once the season starts rolling.

My drafts are going to be during the week of March 7-13. Yeah, I don't like doing drafts this early, either.
ohwell.gif

My draft is March 2nd I think. I don't like the early slot either, but the commissioner of the league insisted.

I have a couple leagues I'm doing this year on ESPN with some of my friends. I have not set any draft dates yet but I'm looking to draft a week or 2 prior to the start of the MLB season. If anybody interested...PM me. 
Here are the links:

10 Team standard Head to Head ESPN league

http://games.espn.go.com/...eagueoffice?leagueId=980

10 Team standard ESPN scoring Head to Head AL only League 

http://games.espn.go.com/...agueoffice?leagueId=1220

10 Team Standard ESPN Head to Head NL only league

http://games.espn.go.com/...agueoffice?leagueId=1380

16 Team Standard ESPN Head to Head League - 4 Divisions 
pimp.gif

http://games.espn.go.com/...agueoffice?leagueId=4809

Originally Posted by parada45

What do you guys think about Sizemore and Santana this year?
Buys on both. Santana should be a steal, and Grady will be a 5 category player this year.

I'm selling on Greinke, I need consistency to have him be a high pick. Plus he's on the Royals, who don't win a lot of games. Sure he could be good for ERA and K's, but you do need W's too.

my squad
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font]
Geovany Soto

(ChC - C)

Albert Pujols

(StL - 1B)

Howie Kendrick

(LAA - 2B)

Pablo Sandoval

(SF - 1B,3B

Troy Tulowitzki

(Col - SS)

Adam Jones

(Bal - OF)

Josh Hamilton

(Tex - OF)

Carlos Beltrán

(NYM - OF)

Chipper Jones

(Atl - 3B)

Vladimir Guerrero

(Tex - Util)

Josh Beckett

(Bos - SP)

Clayton Kershaw

(LAD - SP

Carlos Zambrano

(ChC - SP)

Mariano Rivera

(NYY - RP)

Francisco Rodríguez

(NYM - RP)

Jair Jurrjens

(Atl - SP)

David Price

(TB - SP)

Brian Fuentes

(LAA - RP)

and here are the notable fa's

Carlos Peña

(TB - 1B)

Hunter Pence

(Hou - OF)

Gordon Beckham

(CWS - 3B)

Brad Hawpe

(Col - OF)

Nyjer Morgan

(Was - OF)

Rafael Furcal

(LAD - SS)

Magglio Ordóñez

(Det - OF)

Neftali Feliz

(Tex - RP)

Rafael Soriano

(TB - RP)

Rich Harden

(Tex - SP)

Phil Hughes

(NYY - SP,RP)

Daisuke Matsuzaka

(Bos - SP)

Johnny Cueto

(Cin - SP) im not sure who to pick up

I asked this at the end of last season. Need advice. Should I keep Papelbon, Manny, Ethier or Werth? Rotisserie league.

Originally Posted by dland24

I asked this at the end of last season. Need advice. Should I keep Papelbon, Manny, Ethier or Werth? Rotisserie league.
Dump Manny. He will be limited this year, and he won't be the same. I have a hard time seeing Ethier doing what he did again this year... Keep Paps and Werth. Werth is going to post good numbers this year again.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Dump Manny. He will be limited this year, and he won't be the same. I have a hard time seeing Ethier doing what he did again this year... Keep Paps and Werth. Werth is going to post good numbers this year again.
Thats my biggest problem man.  I cant keep both.  I have one more spot.

I'd keep Werth. Papelbon cut it really close in a lot of games last season, this may be the year he implodes. Just my two cents. No bias
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

Thats my biggest problem man.  I cant keep both.  I have one more spot.
I would say it's a toss up. I would take whichever for the position you have the least amount of depth in. If you don't have closers, take Paps, if you don't have a #1 OF take Werth. He will be a top OF this year.

I agree with Proshares, except for different reasons
laugh.gif

Having a solid OF to me is more important than saves IMO. Plus Werth's upside is greater than Paps.

Werth is playing for a contract.

You can get saves by picking up players like Ryan Franklin and David Aardsma.

Back
Top Bottom