Fashion Trends in Your City

Pretty soon I'll be starting a new trend. Chubbies with Kobe 9s 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

On a whole different level you Nters won't be daring to push. 

Spring 2014

Last edited:
I thought that was mainly a southern thing. Been on a few campuses throughout Alabama and that's all they were down here.

It's the standard AWG college uniform.I saw hundreds of girls wearing this daily where I went to college (Cali).

Last edited:
That's circa 2006-2009 NYC :lol:

How you gonna leave out

Street wear(preme,bape, etc)
Affordable semi high end (HM,Zara,Uniqlo)
High end(bailman,Givenchy,comme de garcon, etc
Pyrex
Been trill
HBA
?

All what you listed should had been in OP first post, literally thought dude was stuck back in 08 with that list, he named what the Bronx still doing and categorize it as the whole NYC

Last edited:
And Northeast. All they wear. Everyday. 

Looking musty as @#$%. They probably thought the same of me though. Showing up in a fitted hat, random workout t shirt, sweats/bball shorts, and flip flops every single day :lol:

I wear whatever I like ... If people don't like it, I guess that's their problem.

While some people clown True Religion others clown Polo and others Clown Levi etc. Don't think your fashion style is above others because you don't wear it anymore.

Reminds me when dudes where clowning this asian cat because he was wearing uggs and a few layers, but yet they fail to see the 7k Burberry Biker Jacket and his LV Christopher backpack. I bet within his circle of friends he is doing it. Nevertheless at the very minimum he can give two **** about what cats where saying because he clearly had racks while dudes fronting like they have racks with LV belts and RL Polo Tees. SMH!

I've only seen people in the US and some FOBs from Asia rock socks with sandals casually. Never understood it, never will, and will always hate it with a passion

Last edited:
It's disgusting. Why not just wear shoes if you're gonna wear socks? Ruins the whole purpose of the sandal

All what you listed should had been in OP first post, literally thought dude was stuck back in 08 with that list, he named what the Bronx still doing and categorize it as the whole NYC

I mean you some SoHo Guy so maybe you walkin around lookin like Kanye, but from what I see in the outer boroughs and uptown, mad dudes are still dressing in what I listed. Yes rolex listed everything I missed, but you dudes acting like mad ****** not wearing what I listed. I see all that stuff on a daily basis.

Last edited:
It's a universal thing, like I said it's everywhere down here. What trips me out some dudes have the audacity to wear them with dingy socks. I don't know when this became proper attire to be in public for dudes.

Last edited by a moderator:

While I don't care what people wear for the most part, but this is ridiculous down here. It has to stop, it's everywhere.
Every guy at my school wears this.

The Elite sock with Jordan/Nike slide combo.
A lot of guys will wear this with cargos and a nike slogan tee. 

Only time I wear sandals with socks is after sports

I've only seen people in the US and some FOBs from Asia rock socks with sandals casually. Never understood it, never will, and will always hate it with a passion

It's disgusting. Why not just wear shoes if you're gonna wear socks? Ruins the whole purpose of the sandal

It's pretty comfy and I have ugly toe nails that most likely are not going to ever get fixed properly.

Last edited:
Toronto:
Timbs
Canada Goose jackets
Roots track suits
Adidas track suits with matching jordans
W+H
Yankees Hat
Red Wing boots
Northface

I thought I remember there being a bigger thread about regional fashion trends, but this is the latest one that came up with a search. Once you reach a certain age in New Orleans if you don't have certain items in your wardrobe your momma done raised you wrong. It's past 12th Night which means that another Carnival Season is upon us.

View media item 748422
Perlis is a local store that's been open for over 75 years catering to southern gentlemen and women, their most accessible style shirt for normal wear is a Polo shirt they sell with a crawfish embroidery. For Carnival season, they make a killing selling a rugby with the traditional purple, green and gold. If you're not into costuming for the holiday, THIS is the defacto uniform for the day. I avoided buying one for years since I tended to hang out with people on the margins of polite society, but I finally picked up both versions of the rugby. I'm ready to sip some cocktails and watch friends' kids beg for beads this carnival season.

There's other stuff like seersucker suits and white linen that have spots in my closet, but this is something that I think is uniquely New Orleans.

I thought I remember there being a bigger thread about regional fashion trends, but this is the latest one that came up with a search. Once you reach a certain age in New Orleans if you don't have certain items in your wardrobe your momma done raised you wrong. It's past 12th Night which means that another Carnival Season is upon us.

View media item 748422
Perlis is a local store that's been open for over 75 years catering to southern gentlemen and women, their most accessible style shirt for normal wear is a Polo shirt they sell with a crawfish embroidery. For Carnival season, they make a killing selling a rugby with the traditional purple, green and gold. If you're not into costuming for the holiday, THIS is the defacto uniform for the day. I avoided buying one for years since I tended to hang out with people on the margins of polite society, but I finally picked up both versions of the rugby. I'm ready to sip some cocktails and watch friends' kids beg for beads this carnival season.

There's other stuff like seersucker suits and white linen that have spots in my closet, but this is something that I think is uniquely New Orleans.

This is actually mad interesting, thanks for sharing bro.

I hate DMV fashion with a passion. Everyone looks the damn same. Not a shred of originality.

Facts :smh:

This is actually mad interesting, thanks for sharing bro.
Facts :smh:

No problem.

Fun Fact: Whenever James Carville makes an appearance on a talk show if he's not dressed in a suit, he's probably wearing a Perlis Mardi Gras Rugby. Dude loves reppin' for his home state.

I started thinking about making a post about this fashion staple this morning when I placed an order to get my best friend's baby boy a onsie from this company.

instagram ran the high end thing to the ground. Seems like people buy things just to "flex" on instagram now.

Back
Top Bottom