Fast and Furious 6 - May 24th $317 Million Worldwide Opening WOWZERS

yall read bill simmons' running diary on this? hilarious hahha

http://www.grantland.com/blog/holly...diary-the-new-fast-furious-6-extended-trailer

February 5 is now a holiday. In less than an hour this morning, we learned Gus Johnson is calling the 2018 World Cup, Keith Law’s annual list of the top 100 minor leaguers was released (LEAGUE OF DORKS ALERT!!!!!!!) and the extended Fast & Furious 6 trailer surfaced on YouTube. Everybody go home. Just go home. But before you do, let’s break down the trailer for the sixth installment of the greatest action franchise of all time.

0:02 “The following preview has been approved for APPROPRIATE AUDIENCES.” I’m woozy.

0:05 It’s sweeping-helicopter-shot time. IN!!! If there were a Sweeping Helicopter Shots Olympics for directors, I’d have Justin Lin as a -240 favorite over Ben Affleck in the finals.

0:08 Nobody pulls off the “being mounted by a hot blonde immediately followed by strutting outside and looking out to a panoramic ocean view while holding a beer” trailer montage combo better than Vin Diesel. I can’t tell you how much I missed Dom Toretto.

0:11 Send this exchange right to the Oscar committee.

The Rock: So this is what 100 million buys? [Dramatic pause.] Wasn’t that hard to find you, Toretto.
Dom: [Dramatic pause.] I wasn’t hiding.

0:25 Sweeping helicopter shot! SUCK IT, AFFLECK!

0:35 Our plot: So a team of highly coordinated drivers wiped out a military convoy, leaving the FBI with two choices: send either a team of Seal Team 6 dudes after them, or a top-10 most-wanted felon (Diesel) and a disgraced FBI agent who’s on the lam (Paul Walker) to find them. Obviously, you go with Plan B there.

0:44 Dom doesn’t want to help out — after all, he’s already rich, he’s living in a tropical location and he’s getting mounted by blondes. But wait! Rock drops a bombshell: Dom’s dead girlfriend Letty is alive ... and, yup, she was one of the aforementioned “highly coordinated” drivers. She couldn’t be alive! In Fast 4, she perished in a car accident that Dom dissected by studying tire-tread marks for about 12 seconds, after which he somehow found the guy responsible just from the tread marks. She’s alive?

“It’s impossible,” Dom mumbles.

I agree. I mean, we saw the tread marks. Dom’s in.

0:53 Another Vin Diesel staple — he always looks like he’s angrily staring someone down in slow motion even though he’s doing it in real speed. Harder than it looks. I’m trying this every time someone at Grantland disagrees with me.

0:59 Sweeping helicopter shot!!! Affleck is so effing jealous right now. He’s gotta be going nuts.

1:05 I’ll be honest ... this trailer has been a little light on Paul Walker, a.k.a. Keanu 2.0. Are they phasing him out? I’m worried. We need Keanu 2.0. Rock is stealing his lines. This is ********. Paul Walker is getting Pau Gasoled.

1:10 Dom: “You got the best crew in the world standing right in front of you. Give 'em a reason to stay.” I agree. This really is the best crew in the world. I mean that unironically.

1:15 Our target is Owen Shaw, former spec-op soldier. Got it. Can you show me some cars flipping over and things blowing up, please?

1:24 Thank you!

1:31 For the best crew in the world to help out, Paul Walker wants The Rock to guarantee full pardons all the way around. If he doesn’t think that’s getting a dramatic pause from The Rock, he’s nuts.

1:32 [Dramatic pause.]

1:33 Rock: “I can’t promise you that.”

1:35 Dom: [Mumbling, angry, intense, barely audible.] “That’s the deal ... take it or leave it.” Dom Toretto’s character must drive Sly Stallone crazy. I guarantee he watches these movies while thinking, How did I not come up with an action movie franchise centered on a fugitive illegal race-car driver named Dom who mumbles his way through scenes while foiling complicated car-related crimes? I couldn’t have come up with Fast and Furious instead of Cobra????

1:48 Dom sets up our first street race by mumbling, “Ride or die.” Maybe that’s not as profound or inspirational as “I live my life a quarter mile at a time,” but then again, what is? Hey, you know what’s really sad? I’ve seen enough Fast & Furious trailers to know what’s coming next — we’re getting a hip-hop song, we’re getting an action montage, we’re going to see at least one person jump from one car to another at high speed, and if you don’t think a car is flipping over, you’re insane.

No franchise understands exactly what it is quite like Fast & Furious.

2:03 Yup.

2:08 Letty gets out of the car and drops this one on Dom: “Do you believe in ghosts?” How fast do you think Michelle Rodriguez said yes when they offered her a Letty comeback? 0.19 seconds? 0.75 seconds?

2:13 She just shot at Dom!!! WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? What did he ever do to her? All he did was love her and avenge her death in Fast 4 by killing 245 people and causing $10 billion worth of damage! I can’t believe this. I’m rewinding.

2:13 Hmmmm. Dom’s wearing a leather jacket and a black shirt when he first sees Letty, but when he’s getting shot at, he’s wearing an aqua T-shirt. Maybe she didn’t shoot at him? More importantly, why the hell was Dom wearing an aqua T-shirt?

2:17 Paul Walker and Keanu Reeves are the Bird and Magic of enjoyably bad acting. The fact that the “tell me about your father” scene from Fast Five isn’t on YouTube is a collective Internet failure. We’ve all failed. I should be able to watch that twice a day. In Fast 6, it looks like their scene figuring out Letty’s comeback might be on that level. I don’t want to jinx it. Just saying it’s possible. But here’s a taste.

Paul: Maybe the lady you knew is gone.
Dom: [Pulling a bullet out of his own body.] You don’t turn your back on family ... even when they do.

(Quick tangent: I’ve always loved and admired Dom’s sense of family. The Fast & Furious franchise, to me, really hinges on three things: an appreciation for driving recklessly while causing as much damage as possible, a genuine appreciation for family, and the suspension of disbelief that American law enforcement would never be able to find a bald fugitive who lives lavishly, owns lots of expensive cars, and fully admits to FBI agents that he’s not hiding. It’s totally realistic to me that he would forgive Letty.)

2:23 May 24. Got it. Already on my calendar.

2:30 We just went from two cars on fire that were flipping in midair right to a girl-on-girl fistfight. How many days away is May 24? (Checking.) Fewer than 100 days!

2:33 Ludacris [into a walkie-talkie]: “Ah, guys? They got a tank.” Tremendous.

2:37 I gotta admit, I’m pretty intrigued by this tank. Huge monkey wrench. I mean, it’s a tank. It’s just wreaking havoc right now.

2:45 Great montage here. Includes a car flipping over and going through a glass window, someone jumping forward from one speeding car to another (forward????), The Rock leaping through the air and punching someone at a 45-degree angle, Vin holding an assault rifle while looking intense and ... wait, where was Paul Walker? I’m telling you, they’re phasing him out. I’m concerned. They better not replace him in Fast 7 with Chris Pine or something. I won’t handle it well.

3:09 Did we just see the world’s greatest crew drive under a plane that was about to take off, shoot something at it, then drag the plane back down so it crashed behind them? Yes. Yes we did.

3:14 Did Dom then somehow drive his car through the front of the plane? Of course he did.

3:30 I’m watching it again.

FINAL GRADE: 17 OUT OF 4 STARS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Simmons is awesome when he isn't talking about the Lakers. :lol:

I wish we could all watch this at a private viewing and listen to him and Corolla tell jokes about it.

And he was wrong, Letty didn't say believe in ghosts, that was Eva voiceover from Fast Five ending.

Damn no Tego and Don Omar? they have good chemistry and comedy. I was bumping Danza Kuduro for a minute after Fast Five.

Damn no Tego and Don Omar? they have good chemistry and comedy. I was bumping Danza Kuduro for a minute after Fast Five.

Was I the only one that felt chills at the end of fast 5 when they popped open the vault and the song came on?...like that had to be one of the most rewarding endings or a viewer to watch in a long time and that song made it 10xs better, I swear I almost shed a tear.

Was I the only one that felt chills at the end of fast 5 when they popped open the vault and the song came on?...like that had to be one of the most rewarding endings or a viewer to watch in a long time and that song made it 10xs better, I swear I almost shed a tear.

Nah fam I every time I watch that scene I'm waiting for tyrese's reaction with his fists/arms out looking like he just found the holy grail :lol: so good!

Nah fam I every time I watch that scene I'm waiting for tyrese's reaction with his fists/arms out looking like he just found the holy grail :lol: so good!

FAM THAT WAS SUCH A FEELSGOODMAN MOMENT IN CINEMA...

they have to bring back Tego and Don....they just have too, they know Letty too from back in the DR days.

It made the movie. That was the anthem that summer. This a straight downgrade. :lol:

I read somewhere that Fast Six was going to be one big storyline with Fast Seven? So is it possible this will end in a cliffhanger?

saw this movie in imax and hispanics were heavy in the theater. when that song came on all them girls threw their hands up like it was a club :lol: needless to say, that ending was :pimp:

I read somewhere that Fast Six was going to be one big storyline with Fast Seven? So is it possible this will end in a cliffhanger?
Originally, they wanted to shoot back to back for Six and Seven, but they didn't. They supposedly made this one with the expectation of getting a 7th, so the story should carry over. 

OK so rewatched 4 again. im having serious plot confusion now.

SPOILER ALERT but you shouldn't be in here if you haven't even watched 4 or 5 yet.

in 4 when dom, mia, and o'connor ar eating, dom makes a call using letty's phone and it ends up getting at o'connor's phone. its then revealed that letty and o were working together so that letty can get the heat of dom's back. however things go south and its implied she was killed by braga's dude, hence the funeral. but if 5 is showing her to be still alive, then the funeral must've been fake.

so my question is, did o'connor know about this fake funeral? was he in on it and is still playing Dom? how can you just assume that your informant is dead, not confirm anything, and just show up to the funeral as an FBI agent? and finally why would o'connor still be playing dom if he wasn't FBI in 5?

I think Brian's days of going against Dom are over and would just be stupid to use that again at this point

damn with this and the imdb page...no don omar/tego calderon???? maybe the roulette wheel hit 00 in monte carlo at the end of fast five :smh: :frown:
just peeped this

lol at letty being chased by a bimmer
then dom hops out of another car
then letty shoots him
then dom gets an outfit change

:lol:

It's obviously different scenes edited together to make it appear Letty shoots Dom.

And people can have funerals without a body. It's not necessarily a plot hole because we don't see her die and for all we know the FBI cared more about luring Dom out of hiding than investigating further. Either way, it doesn't automatically mean Brian is playing Dom. She might have faked her death or taken the chance to get out and disappear. 

It's obviously different scenes edited together to make it appear Letty shoots Dom.

And people can have funerals without a body. It's not necessarily a plot hole because we don't see her die and for all we know the FBI cared more about luring Dom out of hiding than investigating further. Either way, it doesn't automatically mean Brian is playing Dom. She might have faked her death or taken the chance to get out and disappear. 

so letty could've played everyone including FBI, yea i never thought of that. arite sounds good lol

Back
Top Bottom