Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Corona.png

I think 8 Will do good numbers like the last 6 and 7. 9 might fall off a bit then 10 will have great numbers cause it'll officially be the last ride

Last edited:
I'm with it. F Gary Gray directed her in The Italian Job remake so that would help with pulling her in.

I also read that her schedule is clear during Fast8 filming, but she's waiting on a script apparently.

Last edited:
Been in love with Charlize since Sweet November. Woman is beautiful. Loved her as the Evil Queen, the only good thing about Snow White and the Huntsman.

man, they gotta pull out all the stops for this, especially with it being the first movie without Paul. Charlize sounds great, but I'm still waiting to see if there's a gonna be a "new" member of the family. Someone who is like Dom, somewhat of an equal in skilll, with a different personality and can play off of everyone in a unique way.

I just can't see them expecting to go forward without that component, because if they do and aren't even gonna try, my gut tells me I won't be going to the theaters to see any of the future films. I certainly wouldn't watch Ocean's 11 without the Rusty component, movie would've fallen flat.

They gotta bring back the brothers too.

they can bring back don omar, tego, bow wow or lucas black

not sure there is another 'the rock' out there, who everyone knows fits

Last edited:
I wouldn't be opposed to them trying to get Paul's brother to play Brian's brother or something in the movie. They need that type of character in order for the franchise to feel "right"

Dom is a dope character, def the deepest and most interesting character by far but he needs someone of Brian's calibur to be his co-star.

I wouldn't be opposed to them trying to get Paul's brother to play Brian's brother or something in the movie. They need that type of character in order for the franchise to feel "right"

you know, I'm actually surprised they haven't just decided to do that. They could've made a 2nd end credits scene with Dom talking to Brian about how life is. Dom could say something like "having a hard time finding a replacement, we miss you" Brian could tell him he has a little brother Dom could be like "I hope he's not a buster." they could even incorporate keeping it in the family also which would have a double meaning for sure.

I just picture this next movie with Brian gone and how that missing energy will impact the rest of the crew's interaction. It automatically gets demoted to not seeing it in theatres. I don't care who they bring in, or what new stunts they have planned. The franchise doesn't work with one of them gone, they need a similar character in that place, playing the same role.

Can someone explain why Brian is fundamental to the series?

Isn't he supposed to represent the straight-laced everyman while Dom is the de facto leader / tough guy?

In the beginning, that's what it was but changed in Fast and Furious and you noticed the change in Fast 5. Brian and Dom became the ying and yang for lack of a better term. Both of their characters were very integral to the film's success. You can replace Roman, Haan, etc. ,but you can't really replace Dom or Brian; those two characters ARE the franchise.

In the beginning, that's what it was but changed in Fast and Furious and you noticed the change in Fast 5. Brian and Dom became the ying and yang for lack of a better term. Both of their characters were very integral to the film's success. You can replace Roman, Haan, etc. ,but you can't really replace Dom or Brian; those two characters ARE the franchise.
tumblr_mpz3chpRqT1sytgpro1_400.gif

Can someone explain why Brian is fundamental to the series?

Isn't he supposed to represent the straight-laced everyman while Dom is the de facto leader / tough guy?

You cannot be serious.

The importance of Paul's character shoudnt even need an explanation. Period.

Whoever they get to replace Brian, if they do, has to has ties to one of the key characters. That's the only way the fans will (though reluctantly) accept it. Regardless, the character has to come from some sort of conventional background as Brian did as an officer, whether it be military or something.

Too old. Mentor type role, no way he can do what Brian did mission to mission. He can assist and offer resources, but not be out there punchin guys and driving crazy.

^ yea.. he'll be a liaison type guy.. get them tech.. send them on missions.. provide intel.. that sort of thing

rock is essential part of the crew now.. assume they'll keep on Nathalie Emmanuel.. but they literally need bodies

when they did the crew shot in 7 and there was only dom, letty, brian, roman and tej.. it was just sad and now 1 more has been removed (and also assume mia is gone too)

I think it would be asking too much to bring someone in asking them to be the new 'brian'.. I think they can bring someone on like how they did with Nathalie Emmanuel's character.. or maybe the rock brings someone on with him (maybe bring back thor's wife)

my vote goes to bring everyone back but bow wow.. omar and tego for leg work stuff (what they did in 5).. thor's wife (she's with rock's crew and knows the crew and is familiar).. then add lucas black (he should have been in the last movie to help with getting revenge for han.. then he's part of the crew)

Yea, I was a little upset they didn't give Lucas Black a bigger role as I thought they would tying everything together. He could fill Brian's spot, not so much as the character or the skillset, but with him already being known in the franchise, it would be accepted a little better than some random new person that feels forced.

There's really no need for Twinkie in the series forreal when you got Tej, who is dope w/ the customizations, and they might add Ramsey to add more tech to the crew. It's possible Lucas's character could be the new "chameleon" taking on Haan's role.

Back
Top Bottom