Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

Every single scene with Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart annoys the @#$# out of me. If I knew they were in this, I wouldn't have paid to watch it :lol:

Edit: completely agree with the comment of Ryan Reynolds playing the same person in every movie. That immature sarcastic frat boy humor is not funny at all to me and is why I hate Deadpool with a passion. It sounds like they're going to make him a main character going forward...

Kevin Hart's tolerable but Ryan Reynold's the absolute worst. Adam Sandler's gone away from the big screen for the most part so Reynold's stepped in to fill the void. Dude's schtick is NOT funny at all. :smh::smh::smh:

So who's the next big celebrity they're bringing on as villain?

They can take this many ways -- Etreon CEO etc. etc.

Kevin Hart's tolerable but Ryan Reynold's the absolute worst. Adam Sandler's gone away from the big screen for the most part so Reynold's stepped in to fill the void. Dude's schtick is NOT funny at all. :smh::smh::smh:

Wait

You think Kevin hart is tolerable, but Ryan Reynolds is Sandler

Good lord that’s a terrible take

Kevin Hart is basically madea level for me.. I was surprised as hell how good jumanji was

I know there aren't too many fans of the new Supra, but nice little nod with the color.

I wonder who will be driving it :nerd:

i’m with that ryan reynolds is trash take

he was great in Van wilder. Unfortunately every movie since then he’s basically acted that same way and it’s whack. He’s not funny at all.

Kevin hart on the other hand you know is cornball supreme but somehow he gets you to laugh with his persistence. He tries so hard to be funny he gets a good line in here and there

Dwayne Johnson beats out Avengers stars to top Forbes' 2019 highest-paid actor list

Earlier this year, Avengers: Endgame broke all kinds of box office records. The movie’s massive haul worked out well for many of its stars. As a result, both Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr. cracked the top five of the 2019 edition of Forbes‘ annual list of highest-paid actors in the world. But there is still one man with enough star power to beat out even the Avengers: The Rock. Dwayne Johnson officially topped the list for the first time since 2016. Combined with the fact that he just married longtime girlfriend Lauren Hashian in Hawaii over the weekend, the Rock is undeniably having a great week.

Forbes analyzed the period from June 1, 2018—June 1, 2019, and calculated that Johnson made $89.4 million during that stretch. The famously prolific actor only starred in one movie that was released during that period (Skyscraper), Forbes writer Madeline Berg noted that “he also gets paid $700,000 per episode for HBO’s Ballers and seven figures in royalties for his line of clothing, shoes and headphones with Under Armour,” as well as a hefty percentage of the box office returns for his high-grossing franchise movies. With Hobbs & Shaw in theaters now, Johnson can probably count on a high spot on next year’s list as well.

Hemsworth ($76.4 million) and Downey ($66 million) snagged the second and third spots on the list, thanks mostly to Endgame profits. Behind them, the top five is rounded out by Bollywood star Akshay Kumar ($65 million) and Jackie Chan ($58 million), whose acting profits are augmented by his own line of movie theaters. Though Bradley Cooper ($57 million) wasn’t able to take home an Oscar for A Star Is Born, he did make enough money on it to land at the no. 6 spot along with Netflix superstar Adam Sandler (also $57 million). The rest of the top 10 includes other Endgame stars Chris Evans ($43.5 million) and Paul Rudd ($41 million), as well as Will Smith ($35 million) who recently had his highest-grossing movie ever with Aladdin.

Seein all those names, all that money, I shrug.......until I see Adam Sandler made FIFTY SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS year?!?!?!?!?!?

HOW?????????? He had one Netflix movie come out, how in the Sam hell did he make 57 mil?

he has a four film deal (second one after the first 4-film deal he had) in which he either gets paid close to that much or up front for all four films

hotel transylvania 3 did come out in the past 12 months too

Domestically it's not making F&F money. I wonder if that matters or not. (Sequel wise) It'll profit, but the last few F&F's made huge money.

international bo is becoming very important these days, the last two made a billi outside the US each

main films domestic box office is on the decline too

no one expected this to make as much as those films as spin-offs rarely do the same numbers so if this ends at around, $700m-$800m then it’ll be a huge win and a sequels gon be green lit sooner than later

Last edited:
2.5/8

Thank god the girl I went with bought the tickets, I’d be even more disappointed if I had paid for this trash. Some of the action sequences were cool, Vanessa Kirby was good, and Eiza Gonzalez looked great. They tried way too hard with the comedy and jokes fell flat over and over again. The sad thing is I know the Rock and Statham can do comedy well from other films.

giphy.gif

keep expanding the family... not lookin' good for tyrese

Now that Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart are in the Fast universe, Tyrese's comedic relief is expendable. Keep talking that mess about the Rock though, see where that gets you. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom