Favorite scenes from The Wire

Poot is such a +*%%$
smh.gif

My dude Bodie is the realest dude on the show besides Bey

laugh.gif

waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many but right off the top it would have to be Omar going out for some honey nut early in the a.m. in the robe and all the youngins justscattering yelling "omar, omar, here comes omar"

where chris murked dude and left him on his knees with his hands still in his pockets.

When michael punched Kenard

Snoop buying the nail gun

Season 3...When Stringer and Avon are talking on a balcony, right before Stringer gets killed. It's a powerful scene because both of them are prettysolemn, each knowing he has just sealed the other's fate; String having assured that Avon gets re-arrested and Avon handing Stringer's life over toBrother Mouzone. Yet, at the same time, they are still best friends and the conversation resonates with a certain mutual respect and feeling.

Also....

Season 3...The opening scene after Stringer gets killed and Bunk, McNulty, and Kima are at the crime scene. And McNulty sits down in front of thebullet-riddled window, next to McNulty and says to Bunk, whilst looking at the Stringer's corpse, "I got 'em, Bunk.....on the wire, I got'em.......and he doesn't even know it". That scene was amazing simply because it illustrates how the cat-and-mouse aspect of the drug gameperverts the motivation of the police. McNulty pretty much had a hard-on for Stringer throughout the whole investigation, and for him it had become more aboutslapping the cuffs on him than about curbing homicides and drug-peddling in Baltimore. In essence, he was simply playing the same game Stringer was, just onan opposite side. His tunnel vision prevented him from seeing the bigger picture.

Back
Top Bottom