May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:

tpg3n9bvwrj61.jpg

LMAO @ Frederick Douglass hahaha.

Source -https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/comments/lssg1u/absolutely_brilliant_signings/
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

I can’t wait to see Large Program stand next to some of AEW’s “big men”. They’re gonna look so much smaller than Rick Moranis wants people to think they are.

“I would argue against the idea that the WWE Network struggled to grow. From our perspective, we didn’t actively and aggressively go after subscribers in the way that a large, mass-audience streaming platform would.”

:lol:

That's actually incredibly true, I've talked about that a few times now. I'm sure they are using it as a face saving device, but regardless they were not aggressive with getting subscribers.

:lol:

They didn't do it in the way that other streaming platforms would, but they were very active and aggressive with trying to get people on board

They were giving away months and months of subscriptions for literal pennies...not to mention the constant plugs and commercials on their programming

Sounds like they fell short of expectations and are now making the "we didn't want it bad enough" excuse

That's actually incredibly true, I've talked about that a few times now. I'm sure they are using it as a face saving device, but regardless they were not aggressive with getting subscribers.

WWE use to spam ads and plugs for Da Network on Raw and Smackdown.

Offering first time subscribers a month free and other stuff.

I memba this vividly because I was tight they never offered any deals/promotion to current subscribers.

They were very aggressive with the promotion for the first few years not so much now.

WWE spammed the Network ads on RAW/SD but how did they reach out to the displaced fans that wouldn't have minded looking at the tens of thousands of archrival footage?

It takes nothing to run ads on RAW/SD.

But we've talked about this before, they definitely could have done more.

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:04/15/1996: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4018&page=2

Two On One Handicap Match
Arn Anderson & Kevin Sullivan (w/Jimmy Hart, Miss Elizabeth & Woman) vs. Hulk Hogan (w/The Booty Babe)
My first thought was, “Making this a handicap match makes Sullivan/AA look SO weak.” I find myself stating the obvious every week but Hulk Hogan was so damn corny man. Why was Kimberly out there, her dude wasn’t there.

Note: I think I mentioned this but something funny Hogan does is whenever he signals for a “Body Slam” on a big man, he motions for a GOrilla Press Slam instead. Start paying attention to that.

Also, The Giant gets slammed again with it meaning NOTHING. Why companies waste slams on big men I will NEVER understand.

Falls Count Anywhere Tag Team Street Fight
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
Trash. Garbage. Don’t care.

Singles Match
Randy Savage vs. Earl Robert Eaton (w/Jeeves)
WCW World Tag Team Title Match
If they were given time, this could have been much better but of course they were racing against the clock. Another Macho Man comeback victory. Clockwork.

Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. Ric Flair & The Giant (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
I always enjoy hearing the commentating team put over Sting’s athleticism. He definitely had bounce back in the day and those dropkicks have always looked impressive.

The spot where Giant kept catching Flair and Flair ended up getting pissed was funny.
From the looks of the folks in this match, Everybody went heavy on the Tan before Nitro.
Why were we supposed to care about this match again?

There wasn’t much to see this week but we got through it. We are getting closer and closer to the Cruiserweight Title being debuted on Worldwide. I have the matches ready for supplemental viewing.

Woman was So fine man.

Sorry
layziegunts layziegunts
KHUFU KHUFU

Last edited:
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

WCW Nitro:04/15/1996: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4018&page=2

Two On One Handicap Match
Arn Anderson & Kevin Sullivan (w/Jimmy Hart, Miss Elizabeth & Woman) vs. Hulk Hogan (w/The Booty Babe)
My first thought was, “Making this a handicap match makes Sullivan/AA look SO weak.” I find myself stating the obvious every week but Hulk Hogan was so damn corny man. Why was Kimberly out there, her dude wasn’t there.

Note: I think I mentioned this but something funny Hogan does is whenever he signals for a “Body Slam” on a big man, he motions for a GOrilla Press Slam instead. Start paying attention to that.

Also, The Giant gets slammed again with it meaning NOTHING. Why companies waste slams on big men I will NEVER understand.

Falls Count Anywhere Tag Team Street Fight
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
Trash. Garbage. Don’t care.

Singles Match
Randy Savage vs. Earl Robert Eaton (w/Jeeves)
WCW World Tag Team Title Match
If they were given time, this could have been much better but of course they were racing against the clock. Another Macho Man comeback victory. Clockwork.

Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. Ric Flair & The Giant (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
I always enjoy hearing the commentating team put over Sting’s athleticism. He definitely had bounce back in the day and those dropkicks have always looked impressive.

The spot where Giant kept catching Flair and Flair ended up getting pissed was funny.
From the looks of the folks in this match, Everybody went heavy on the Tan before Nitro.
Why were we supposed to care about this match again?

There wasn’t much to see this week but we got through it. We are getting closer and closer to the Cruiserweight Title being debuted on Worldwide. I have the matches ready for supplemental viewing.

Woman was So fine man.

Sorry
layziegunts layziegunts
KHUFU KHUFU

1614559501274.gif

They gonna replace the 2nd greatest bet ever with some garbage..They replaced the IC with a cheap
looking Pakistani rip off so I have no confidence they’ll make a legendary new unified title.

They at least cut down from having 18 belts to 17.

Back
Top Bottom