May Wrestling Thread | AEW Double or Nothing This Sunday

January JOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See my initial post for context please.
So did you just conveniently forget about Daniel Bryanson’s pencil neck and injury history? And how he has stated that he wants to work less going forward?

He’s 39 and not 47 though. So I suppose that’s IT.

Apparently there needs to be an age limit to the top of the card.

So did you just conveniently forget about Daniel Bryanson’s pencil neck and injury history? And how he has stated that he wants to work less going forward?

He’s 39 and not 47 though. So I suppose that’s IT.

Apparently there needs to be an age limit to the top of the card.
I named a few conditions other than the age and pencil neck.

I also mentioned part-timers getting the win isn't a good look.

Bryan has been active with his pencil neck for over 2 years now. I think it is safe to be able to look pass that at this point with him.

I named a few conditions other than the age and pencil neck.

I also mentioned part-timers getting the win isn't a good look.

Bryan has been active with his pencil neck for over 2 years now. I think it is safe to be able to look pass that at this point with him.
So if The Edge hadn’t torn his triceps (nothing to do with neck) last June and had been wrestling somewhat frequently in the 7 months after, would you have been ok with him winning the Rumble? Or would you have come up with more conditions?

So if The Edge hadn’t torn his triceps (nothing to do with neck) last June and had been wrestling somewhat frequently in the 7 months after, would you have been ok with him winning the Rumble? Or would you have come up with more conditions?

I would have been MORE "ok" with it than the current situation but that isn't saying much. I am 0% cool with what happened last night. In your hypothetical, maybe I would have been 3% cool with it.

Either way, Edge winning a 2021 RR would still be viewed as a goofy decision.

Him not being a FULLY active WWE wrestler WAS one of my conditions.

There isn't a single individual that competed during the Attitude Era that I would be cool with winning the 2021 Royal Rumble.

So is Vince really going to have old as Edging beat Roman or Drew who are both at least a decade younger than him at WM?..You really want a guy that's almost 50 being the face of your company?..It just doesn't make sense..Why not give it to DBry?..The fans want it, he is on a non-WWE mainstream show, and he probably the best person on your roster that can win the title and then really elevate the person who beats him for it..Or give the W to AJ, Big E, or even have KO come in towards the end and sneak a win out..So many more options that could've been better choices than Edgerton..

Honest question. Do you think WWE gave Bianca the rumble win because of BHM? She hasn't done anything in her WWE career to warrant the win.

Honest question. Do you think WWE gave Bianca the rumble win because of BHM? She hasn't done anything in her WWE career to warrant the win.

youcorny.jpg

Pretty sure they've been building her up as a spectacular athletic powerhouse for a while

I think it was a piece of the equation for sure.

But she is talented and has potential.

I won't pretend it was a charity case.

Pretty sure they've been building her up as a spectacular athletic powerhouse for a while
I dont see it. If they wanted powerhouse, they could have gone with Rhea. She has accomplished more in NXT than Bianca has on NXT/Main roster combined.

They've very clearly been pushing Bianca as a super athlete babyface for a few months now. Them dropping the Chronicle about her on the Network recently isn't some random coincidence either. Almost impossible to not be all-in on her after watching that.

I dont see it. If they wanted powerhouse, they could have gone with Rhea. She has accomplished more in NXT than Bianca has on NXT/Main roster combined.
You are right, they COULD have picked RHea but she hasn't had as much momentum as Bianca.

Either one would have been fine.

You are right, they COULD have picked RHea but she hasn't had as much momentum as Bianca.

Rhea hasn't had as much momentum as Bianca?..Really..She had the match of night at Mania last year, has been NXT champ, and has been featured pretty regularly on NXT's shows if I'm not mistaken..

Rhea hasn't had as much momentum as Bianca?..Really..She had the match of night at Mania last year, has been NXT champ, and has been featured pretty regularly on NXT's shows if I'm not mistaken..
*As of Late*

GOing into the RR, Bianca had more momentum than RR.

Since WM, RR had a somewhat disappointing presentation.

She has one win (over Dakota Kai) since October. Losses to Low, Tony Ziggs, and Lady Diesel. She definitely doesn't have much momentum whatsoever.

The safer pick would have been Rhea IMO. WWE is shoving Bianca down our throats and I'm not buying it. Look at Keith Lee for example, he is a fan favorite, has all the momentum in the world going into Raw, and boom got sent to the G League of WWE (Performance Center). His push didn't last long. I can see the same trajectory for Bianca.

The safer pick would have been Rhea IMO. WWE is shoving Bianca down our throats and I'm not buying it. Look at Keith Lee for example, he is a fan favorite, has all the momentum in the world going into Raw, and boom got sent to the G League of WWE (Performance Center). His push didn't last long. I can see the same trajectory for Bianca.
Define "Safer pick."

What does that mean?

*As of Late*

GOing into the RR, Bianca had more momentum than RR.

Since WM, RR had a somewhat disappointing presentation.

Not true..Looked up their records and Rhea has a better winning percentage in 2020..Her and Bianca have about the same amount of wins and losses over the last couple months..Matter of fact Bianca had no wins in Dec. or Jan until the Rumble last night..

I think Rhea is by far the better in ring performer..I'll give Bianca the thinnest edge on mic work..Both are bright spots in the women's division..Rhea should've won..Just my opinion of course..

Bianca and Rhea are the two brightest up and comers by miles. Rhea was actually in the match with the Rumble winner last year at Mania. This year is Bianca's shot. Doesn't seem too complicated. Both will probably win multiple Rumbles throughout their careers.

Back
Top Bottom