April Wrestling Thread/NTWT Weekend Edition/WM April 10th 2021

NXT preview (Mar. 27, 2019): A quick build
20190325_NXT_GarganoCole__b6b9921cba133d39da9d96174391bad2.0.jpg
WWE.com
NXT returns to us tonight (Mar. 27) with their second episode from the most recent set of tapings.

Here’s what’s advertised for tonight:

• The Forgotten Sons vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic finals
  • Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano go face to face
  • Matt Riddle vs. Kona Reeves
  • Kacy Catanzaro & Lacey Lane vs. Aliyah and Vanessa Borne
As per usual, here are our five questions about NXT tonight:

1) How do they sell the title match on the fly?

NXT had a story ready for their top championship at TakeOver: New York. It had been one they’ve been telling for over a year between Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano.

But then Ciampa had to relinquish his title due to neck surgery and now the match will be Gargano vs. Adam Cole in a two out of three falls match.

That is going to be a great match, but there’s no story to it. And they only have two weeks to add a little more than awesome match for the NXT title. Of course, “awesome match for the NXT title” is pretty damn good as it is. However, they should be able to add a little more depth to this match to give a finishing touch.

It’ll never be as good as the finish to an epic story. But a good promo, perhaps bringing up any history they share, could help get fans excited.

2) What is the tag title match at TakeOver in store for?

The Dusty Finals tonight pit Ricochet and Aleister Black against the Forgotten Sons. The winner face War Raiders at TakeOver: New York in a few weeks. Whoever wins this match leaves that match in a weird position.

If Ric and Black win, it takes most of the surprise out of the finish. These guys are in the Raw tag scene already. There’s little chance they win the NXT tag titles. It’ll be the better of the two matches, but there won’t be much drama.

On the other hand the Forgotten Sons are the more underwhelming option. They’re still just a generic biker gang who have put on a bunch of OK matches. The Forgotten Sons vs. the Forgotten Vikings is a match that’s going to be tough to get excited for. The Raiders are good in the ring, but they’re lacking as much character as the Sons are. The Sons will be able to hang with them, but the other match would be better. However, at least we’d have a little bit more unpredictability in the finish.

3) How long does the Finest hang with the Bro?

The Finest Kona Reeves is still happening. This week, he’ll face a man who’s hair is finer than his when he meets Matt Riddle.

This is a tune up match for the Bro. He’s got a date with the Velveteen Dream at TakeOver: New York. So he shouldn’t struggle too much with the Finest, who is pretty much enhancement talent when he’s on TV at all

Does the Finest give the Bro a run for his money prior to his North American title match? Or does Riddle have Reeves tapping within three minutes?

4) Will Kacy wow us?

Despite a stint in the Mae Young Classic and a Royal Rumble appearance, this is actually Kacy Catanzaro’s first NXT TV match.

She’ll be teaming with fellow MYC competitor Lacey Lane to take on the new heel duo of Aliyah and Vanessa Borne. While Aliyah and Borne are likely the intended spotlight, it’s the new duo that may impress.

Lacey showed that she has a lot of potential in the MYC. And Kacy with her Ninja Warrior background has already displayed some incredible feats. Remember this one in the Rumble? While I don’t expect something of that caliber in this match, we’ll likely see one or two things that seem to defy physics.

5) Can there be two Laceys?

This has nothing to do with NXT tonight, but seeing Lacey Lane having a match, and reading about Mustafa Ali losing his name, had me wondering if WWE will allow two Laceys.

With Lacey Evans on the main roster, it’s possible there comes a days where two Laceys share the same stage. And it’s unique enough name that I can see WWE not allowing two.

Not that there haven’t been people with the same name, but I can’t think of one right now outside Bobby Roode and Bobby Lashley (or is he just Lashley now?). Women have avoided the name slash more than men, but this is something I’ll be keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
Probably won't watch until Saturday morning.

See yall then, avoiding the internet wrestling world until then.

There are sooo many now, most are very similar as well. With contacts you got wrestlers every where at all promotions. There isnt these exclusive deals anymore. Its a wrestler market and they know that. I was guna ask how MLW is? They had a show here in 2018 heard good things about it. They are guna do another one here in chicago soon.
I support MLW. I was watching the first 10 or so shows, then I got burned out by thw G1 and didn't watch anything current forreal. They have my support though. They are the reason why I got back intonwrestling in 2012. The podcast

I support MLW. I was watching the first 10 or so shows, then I got burned out by thw G1 and didn't watch anything current forreal. They have my support though. They are the reason why I got back intonwrestling in 2012. The podcast

Okay, FITE app has all their episodes so ill catch one to see how i feel about them i know Lowki, hart, and lucha bros do work there

Something (else) that bothers me.

The term, "Natural Talent."

It is slightly disrespectful IMO. When you call someone a natural talent, you indirectly make the claim that they didn't WORK to get where they are and/or work to get to the level of skill they are currently at. But the thing is, we usually tend to do that with athleticism based skills. Running, Jumping, etc.

To call Kota Ibushi and Will Ospreay that is disrespectful.

Reminds me of

quote-when-people-say-god-blessed-me-with-a-beautiful-jump-shot-it-really-pisses-me-off-i-ray-allen-76-98-11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom