February's Jordan Brand News - Updated Feb. 28th

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
February's Jordan Brand News

With 2004 behind us and the 20th iteration of the Air Jordan line just days away from launch, it's time to focus our gaze ahead. Although the launch of a new Air Jordan always brings excitement, it can provide some apprehension, too. Many die hard Jordan fans are undoubtedly wringing their hands at the prospect of committing $175 plus on a single pair of shoes, wondering, "Should I buy this pair, or wait for them to come out in black? What else is coming out this year?"

NikeTalk has always been about fans helping fans. To help sneaker fans plan their 2005 budgets, let's take a look at what Jordan brand has to offer us in April 2005 and beyond.

NikeTalk member Prime21tym has generously shared this stunning set of Black/Stealth/Varsity Red Air Jordan XX images with us. Unless I'm mistaken, these are the first pictures of an authentic production pair of the Black XXs to surface online and, of course, they made their debut here on NikeTalk.

stealth1.jpg

stealth2.jpg

stealth3.jpg

You'll notice, of course, that the release version of the shoe will feature black patent leather rather than the black nubuck featured on sample pairs. The shoe is scheduled to release on April 9th at a suggested retail price of $175.

How do you think they compare to the XIX? Voice your opinion here, in Prime21tym's original thread.

Critics of the Jordan brand and its many fans have long said that we Jordan fans would buy anything bearing a Jumpman and the Air Jordan name. Well, here's one shoe that aims to prove it: the Air Jordan XX Low.

NikeTalk member Air Elijah managed to uncover these images of the Air Jordan XX Low, published online by Footlocker.com.

11247031_z.jpg

11247142_z.jpg

Let me save us all some trouble and anticipate the next few questions about these shoes.

Here are the answers to the questions you're sure to ask:

- Yes, that really IS the Air Jordan XX Low.
- No, they're not Keds.
- Yes, I'm quite sure.

- No, I don't know who designed them.
- No, I seriously doubt it. There are child labor laws prohibiting that.
- I suppose it's possible, but if there were a "design the xx low" contest, I think we'd have heard about it.
- No, that doesn't make much sense, either. Even if you could get the duck to hold a pen, I seriously doubt it'd be able to draw straight lines.

All jokes aside, there will be as many reactions to these shoes as there are individuals who look at them - so don't let me dissuade you from forming your own impressions.

In case you're wondering, white/midnight navy/neutral grey is due out in June, with Black/'Chartreuse'/light graphite following up in August. The 'suggested' retail price on these is $125.

What's your opinion of the XX lows? Make your voice heard in Air Elijah's original thread here: p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm7.showMessage?topicID=90603.topic

Earlier in the month, Air Elijah also managed to dig up this Footlocker.com image of a white/pink Air Jordan II low, presumably a women's version.

11648103_z.jpg

No word on a release date or price as of yet. With the men's white/varsity maize Air Jordan II due out in May, it's not unreasonable to assume that the pink version would arrive within a similar time-frame.

Turning to this summer's Jordan selection, we'll give you another look at the regional assortment of Air Jordan XXs. These pictures come to us courtesy of NikeTalk member bobedigitl36.

The sun rises in the East:

20east.jpg

eastxx.jpg

east20.jpg

crosses the Midwest:

midwest.jpg

mwxx.jpg

mw20.jpg

and sets in the West:

westxx.jpg

west20.jpg

All three versions are due out in July and, like the other XX mids, they'll be $175 each.

For more sample pictures from bobedigitl, please check his post here: http://p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=90464.topic&start=1&stop=20

Footlocker.com was also kind enough to furnish sneaker fans with a good look at the white/black/blue 'Dub Zero':

11046102_z.jpg

This version is due out in June for $150.

Some additional pictures of the white/ceramic orange model came to our attention via eBay seller 'snugglesmcduggal' this month, who recently auctioned off this pair:

4d_3.JPG

f6_3.jpg

=81&stop=100]p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=90946.topic&start=81&stop=100[/url]

Let's start with this sketch of the White/Black/'Chartreuse' Air Jordan XIV Retro:

xiv.jpg

Did anyone ask for a White/Navy/Orange Air Jordan XIII low? Well, you're getting one anyway:

13low.jpg

and no collection would be complete without the White/Linen Air Jordan X:

linenX.jpg

Dates and availability have yet to be revealed online, but we'll be sure to pass any additional information along to you as soon as we learn more.

According to NikeTalk member GetHigh420, you can expect the following Air Jordan XIV colorways in late 2005:

"Blk/Red
Charcoal GREY /green
WHt forest green
Wht neon green"

I hope you like green.

If you'd like to discuss these releases, please do so in this thread:

p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=90946.topic&start=1&stop=20

For months now, NikeTalk members have speculated over the release of "laser" Air Jordan IVs. With far more questions than answers, the shoes were rumored to be everything from a cancelled product to an April Fool's joke.

At long last, pictures have finally arrived. The gang at Freshnessmag.com deserve tremendous credit for being the first to deliver images of not only the rumored White/Fire Red and Royal Blue models, but a heretofore unmentioned black pair as well.

Let's take a look:
pic029.jpg

pic030.jpg

pic031.jpg

pic032.jpg

pic033.jpg

(Why this shot is focused on the gentleman in the back I'll never know)
pic034.jpg

For those keeping track at home, yes that does make three Air Jordans with the same laser engraved pattern. As you can see, the XX Regional, the Dub Zero, and the Laser IV all appear to share the exact same "pile-o-j's" pattern. And you thought you were the only one who knew the Ctrl-V shortcut.

Though concrete details remain elusive, word has it that you'll be able to purchase the "laser" Air Jordan IV through jumpman23/niketown.com in early April. Let's hope that nike.com is finally up to the task this time.

Unfortunately, the shoes will supposedly be sold only as part of a bundle with a matching t-shirt and hat for $200 - yes, that's twice what the IV retro cost back in '99. That's supply and demand for you.

Freshnessmag.com also managed to secure these shots of the Dub Zero in all three colors announced thus far:

pic025.jpg

pic023.jpg

pic024.jpg

Once again, white/black/photo blue will be available in June, white/ceramic orange is due out in August, and black/taupe drops in September. The price will be $150. Those IV soles and air units must be much more expensive to produce now than they were last year, right?

=1&stop=20[/URL]

That's all we have for you today. As always, stay tuned for future updates and check our Archives Forum for news posts from previous months.

Quote:
- Yes, that really IS the Air Jordan XX Low.
- No, they're not Keds.
- Yes, I'm quite sure.

- No, I don't know who designed them.
- No, I seriously doubt it. There are child labor laws prohibiting that.
- I suppose it's possible, but if there were a "design the xx low" contest, I think we'd have heard about it.
- No, that doesn't make much sense, either. Even if you could get the duck to hold a pen, I seriously doubt it'd be able to draw straight lines.

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How did prime21tym get the XIX retro so early?

:wow:
eek.gif

Black XXs are sexy.

:pimp:
pimp.gif

good info we need a sticky like this so every time i need info i dont hav to do a search

thanks method man
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed"-- Michael Jordan

Thanks again Meth...

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, hell I still think Jodeci may release a new album this decade. I've always tended to support JB even thru some of their more puzzling releases. I find myself thinking 'I'm sure the guys at JB know what they're doing' and stayed away from the hate. But enough's enough, what is with the XX low? I'm sorry but they really are awful. And don't even get me started with how they gave the VII the no vaseline treatment...

yea the blacks are :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but i also like how they put lasering on the whole shoe for the regional packs.

Quote:
No, that doesn't make much sense, either. Even if you could get the duck to hold a pen, I seriously doubt it'd be able to draw straight lines.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn, the XXs and Dub Zeros are super hideous, especially the XX lows :x
sick.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP​
If you run, youre gonna die tired.​

Man all of those regionals are :wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
"And Im a nike head, I wear chains that excite the feds"

Nas - Illmatic​

Those XX Reg Red remind me of the Carmines def gettin a couple if not more but anywho def coppin the blk/red i've always loved that colorway in Mikes

Sneaker+Head=Me

good lookin out Meth-Man

Midwest is on point..
04-05 MVP #23 Lebron James. Straight From Cleveland

Again, those XX lows are
sick.gif
Easily the ugliest low ever, arguably the ugliest shoe air jordan has produced in my opinion. Sux for Bibby. I pray that Tinker had nothing to do with thos things.

I guarantee The mid-west XX mids will be copped. Best color comming out. Dub Zeros equally hot. I better keep saving though. 325+ for two shoes. Madness I tell you madness!

I am really feeling the XXs and the Dub Zeros are off da chain. Man that shoe is a must have in every colorway.
RIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dub zeros and xxs are gon be copped :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Soon as the verse starts, I eat at an MC's heart
What is he thinkin? How not to go against me, smart!
And it's absurd, how people hang on ev-ery word
I'll probably NEVER get the props I feel I ever deserve

Quote:
No, that doesn't make much sense, either. Even if you could get the duck to hold a pen, I seriously doubt it'd be able to draw straight lines.
^ Hi-larious.

...anyways...the black XX are a million times better than the white XX, and the lows, well...
Shoe Fleek for Moderator
I miss Fleek.

Quote:

roll.gif

[/b]
~ ~

Even though my skin kinda light, That mean my ancestors was raped by somebody white...

Back
Top Bottom