Federal Agents & Florida Police Are Deceiving Judges For Warrants

Police in Florida have, at the request of the U.S. Marshals Service, been deliberately deceiving judges and defendants about their use of a controversial surveillance tool to track suspects, according to newly obtained emails.

At the request of the Marshals Service, the officers using so-called stingrays have been routinely telling judges, in applications for warrants, that they obtained knowledge of a suspect’s location from a “confidential source” rather than disclosing that the information was gleaned using a stingray.

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/feds-told-cops-to-deceive-courts-about-stingray/

The article goes on to say:

The Harris Corporation...has made law enforcement agencies sign a non-disclosure agreement explicitly prohibiting them from telling anyone, including other government bodies, about their use of the secretive equipment.

Thought I should post this since news stories like these are usually released on Friday evenings and then buried.

Last edited:
It's sickening and unbelievable how our rights are being trampled in this country with no regard or worry about consequences. Smh

Pigs gun b pigs. Each one involved should be tried & sentenced a thousand years a piece or publicly hanged word to ICE CITY. But nah, nothing will come of it because its all in the best interest of the public right?

Bugs%20Bunny%20Florida.gif

I think its also important to note that the DHS Grants extend a lot further than cell tower spoofers. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...omeland-security-funded-military-weapons.html

Alas, this is another topic for another time. I simply want to draw attention to the fact that police organizations are now systematically lying to the every systems of justice they swore to uphold. Sad day.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to get the local force to admit they have high yield surveillance equipment. Been thinking about contacting the local paper and seeing if they're interested in doing a write up on stingray and related programs.

I'm confident if I ask questions myself I will just be lied to. Its a shame we KNOW the feds and police forces are openly lying yet we can't do **** about it.

These ****** have drones with pepper spray paintballs now. What happened to us :smh:

LOL, this is kind of old news, California PDs has been using this for years, the military has been using this tech in drones since Bush was in office.

I could go on, but I won't.

Back
Top Bottom