Feels Good Man Vol. NT Pat Yourself On The Back, You're Doing It.

Just making this thread because life is good. In my sophomore year of college, Spanish and Finance double major. Have great classes with some great professors, feel like I'm about to learn a lot this semester. Just got a call from Citizens Bank, I've been offered an internship position there, but I'll really be working more as an entry-level analyst. $10 an hour is definitely more than I expected. Also got a job typing a manuscript for a book, that will pay well and the result will be pretty fulfilling as well. Life is just smooth right now, I hope I can keep this feeling for a while and I hope things are also going well for my NT Fam 
pimp.gif

LOL I'm doing really well but I refuse to pat myself on the back until the war is won----too many potential Ls along this journey
sick.gif

Still pat yourself, because refusal will only open up room for potential collapse.

Have an attitude of gratitude.

I'm making moves and thinking big... I'd like things to move along faster but I guess that's just a sign that I should enjoy every moment I have.

My life isn't all that, but I love it and I wouldn't trade it for anyone else's
pimp.gif

Paying child support....knowing my son will have whatever he needs. Seeing him start school this past tuesday......

Not patting myself on the back

Haven't been putting school first these past couple of weeks, still dominating every class but my priorities are messed up right now....

Overachieving on the job.... up for a promotion n my third month

Cali in 12 days...
pimp.gif

FEELS GOOD BRUHS

Never.

Last night, I came across Mr. Rogers speech at the Emmy's to accept the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Look it up and do what he says instead.

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

Paying child support....knowing my son will have has whatever he needs. Seeing him start school this past tuesday......
Actually being in my sons life together with my beautiful wife as an overall happy family...

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

Paying child support....knowing my son will have has whatever he needs. Seeing him start school this past tuesday......
Actually being in my sons life together with my beautiful wife as an overall happy family...

i can dig all that. me and the moms arent together but we get along ok. for now. i just want the best for my lil mans. 

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

i can dig all that. me and the moms arent together but we get along ok. for now. i just want the best for my lil mans. 
Naw fam, I was just messing with you. I actually respect the fact that you're paying the child support
and are involved in your sons life
pimp.gif

The truth is
Spoiler [+]
I'm 19 and don't have a son... or wife

Things have been going good for me as well, especially this week.

-Had an amazing time on Sunday with my friends at Electric Zoo
-I've had a good week of classes
-Made $100+ from just working only two days this week (so far, I work again Saturday)
-Looking forward to relaxing all day/night Sunday. Jets season opener, Curb season finale and Entourage series finale (
frown.gif
for both of those)
-Bought tickets to the Jags/Jets game for my dad (paid for by me), who is in a wheelchair and has been looking forward to going to the new stadium since it opened, and he is finally able to.

Positive vibes fellas
pimp.gif

Three months ago (June 6th) I got diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma. I was down to 135 pounds, terrible breathing (my heart was getting pushed into my left lung because the tumor was on my right lung and basically shutting it down). I'd been feeling this way since about December 2010... and gradually losing weight from my natural weight of around 180-185.

Now, after 6 chemo sessions, I'm 157 pounds and breathing a lot better. I've been playing ball with no signs of shortness of breath. I've been running up 4 flights of stairs to get to my appointments with no problems (F the elevator!). Before I'd have to stop every 1 floor to catch my breath. And I kept all my hair!
pimp.gif

I got a PET scan at the end of this month (9/30)... and I'll find out how it's looking like inside my chest. I have a real good feeling. Hopefully I don't have to complete the whole 6 months of chemo. I hope after this month I'll be done. For those that gave me encouraging words and prayers from past threads, thanks! Very appreciated.

I can't wait to get a job and start my life again. Mind you I was diagnosed 2 weeks after I graduated... real blower
frown.gif

Feels good, man!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Three months ago (June 6th) I got diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma. I was down to 135 pounds, terrible breathing (my heart was getting pushed into my left lung because the tumor was on my right lung and basically shutting it down). I'd been feeling this way since about December 2010... and gradually losing weight from my natural weight of around 180-185.

Now, after 6 chemo sessions, I'm 157 pounds and breathing a lot better. I've been playing ball with no signs of shortness of breath. I've been running up 4 flights of stairs to get to my appointments with no problems (F the elevator!). Before I'd have to stop every 1 floor to catch my breath. And I kept all my hair!
pimp.gif

I got a PET scan at the end of this month (9/30)... and I'll find out how it's looking like inside my chest. I have a real good feeling. Hopefully I don't have to complete the whole 6 months of chemo. I hope after this month I'll be done. For those that gave me encouraging words and prayers from past threads, thanks! Very appreciated.

I can't wait to get a job and start my life again. Mind you I was diagnosed 2 weeks after I graduated... real blower
frown.gif

Feels good, man!

laugh.gif

Good luck my man. Im hoping for the best for you. 

pimp.gif

frown.gif

Feels good, man!

laugh.gif

Good luck my man. Im hoping for the best for you. 

Your situation sounds harder than anything I've ever been through, best of luck to you and, if it means anything, you have my utmost respect to fight a disease like that. 
pimp.gif

Edit: @firered aka Jon, you already know man 
wink.gif
 School still comes first, but I've been doing my thing.

pimp.gif

frown.gif

Feels good, man!

laugh.gif

Best ever reason to feel good, man. God speed.
happy.gif

Just got two students to tutor for Philosophy, $10 an hour without being taxed.
So far this school semester has been good

#feelsgrapeman

Off to a good start in school this semester, best physical shape of my life, car is finally clean after a rigorous washing,

Life is good
pimp.gif

yessir. making bank at my job now but going back to school in january. Hopefully to the U of M Morris campus, if not Im moving to my own place and going to a community college. so either way I should be in for a great winter

Got a letter in the mail today. Charges against me are being dropped. Probably would've gotten a little time. I've learned from that mistake. Feels good, man.

I won't pat myself on the back just yet, but I am happy that things are starting to really fall into place.

Just graduated from College
Starting my 1st Graduate courses next week
Interned at a Fortune 10 Company this past summer
Just started my 1st week of teaching, a ridiculous amount of work, but hey... it's only 2 years
Already got some contacts at Investment Banks and Consulting Firms for next summer
Mapping out my 5-year plan, and 10-year goals... everything is falling into place exactly where I want them to.

Being a first year teacher is crazy. Being a 22 year old first year teacher teaching 4 subjects (algebra, pre-calc, physics, environmental science...All of which are AP level) to a bunch of kids who you are only 4 years older than is even tougher.

Plan for this year: Try and snag a consulting internship, Iron out exactly what MBA prep I want to do, make a final decision on if I want to double up with law
30t6p3b.gif
, and make it out of grad school, and my classrooms alive and excelling.

#nobreaks

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Got a letter in the mail today. Charges against me are being dropped. Probably would've gotten a little time. I've learned from that mistake. Feels good, man.

On the same boat is you.. i hope the Charges get dropped 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom