Fellow NYC NTers, please help Vol. Broadway Shows

I've been wanting to go to a broadway show my whole life, but never have.

What's the best show out right now? Is there a dress code? And what other things do I need to go when going to a broadway show?

Thanks for the help.

No dress code. Only thing you really need to know is to choose your seating wisely. You don't want to use binoculars at a live show. Google for discounted prices. I just recently saw Phantom Of the Opera and Zarkana for half price after doing a little research. You can also check out tickets for cheap the same day of a show at the TKTS booth. 1501 Broadway, New York, NY 10036 - (212) 221-0013

ima be in NYC next week and have been trying to get tix to the book of mormons, written by the south park guys, but they are raffling tix off so i prolly won't be attending.

I saw Memphis a few weeks back and it was absolutely amazing. There's no dress code, but you don't want to look like a slob.

I went a few months ago to see "Spiderman- Turn Off The Dark" on Broadway. It was pretty good IMO. I had a discount from my job's benefits, but when I went the morning of the Broadway Show, I asked the person at the box office what was the best deal I can get for today's show, and he gave me an even better deal than my job's discount.

i go to broadway shows with my girl all the time and we always try to dress appropriately. I've seen dudes with hoodys and baggy jeans or shorts....really not classy, although there is no dress code.
Book of Mormon is the top broadway show as of right now. Getting affordable tickets is another question. They tried selling me front mezz tickets for a show in January of 2012.
There ARE deals out there that you will have to look for. You can def get some sick discounts for tickets....I got $70 tickets for catch me if you can for rear orchestra seats. Also keep in mind that popular shows like Wicked and Book of Mormon never goes on sale for cheap, since these shows are mostly sold out. I bought mid mezz seats for November show of Wicked, right in the center. Cost me about $130 per ticket.
Whenever my girl and I hit the city to watch a musical, we always have dinner first and then go bar hop afterwards!

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I've been wanting to go to a broadway show my whole life, but never have.

What's the best show out right now? Is there a dress code? And what other things do I need to go when going to a broadway show?

Thanks for the help.

I've been to a couple.
As far as dress code, don't go looking like you are about to hoop at the park. Put on jeans and a button down, it's respectful.

My favorite show was Wicked. I was dragged by a GF at the time, and thought it would be terrible, but it was amazing, really entertaining.

There are good Broadway week deals. I got Lion King tickets 2 rows away from the stage for 65 each. It's worth checking out.
www.nycgo.com/broadwayweek

There's also off-broadway week, I got pretty cheap Avenue Q tickets.
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom