**FEMALE basketball announcers appreciation** vol. Doris Burke knows more than you

darthska

Staff member
Every time I hear Doris Burke call a game, I just wish that every basketball game I watched for the rest of my life was called by her and Hubie Brown.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Over/under: 20 responses by Christmas.

I don't mind Doris Burke. I have to wonder if most of the hate she gets is because she's female. There are plenty of male announcers who are worse.
(I'm looking at you, Reggie Miller.)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Every time I hear Doris Burke call a game, I just wish that every basketball game I watched for the rest of my life was called by her and Hubie Brown.
laugh.gif
She is by far my favorite female announcer.
pimp.gif

Doris is fine with me. But there is a reason males dominate this profession. Sorry Ska.

I promise it's not because she's a woman, but she sucks. Her and Hubie can have all the knowledge in the world, but their voices are like nails on a chalkboard.

She is awful. I really hate when she calls games that I'm watching.

Nope, not now..she has been mailing it in the past 2 years. does't do her homework anymore. Before that, she was solid.

Saying Markel Starks is a big reason why Georgetown has surprised is like saying Derek Fisher is the key to the Lakers having a winning record.

Doris Burke is good. I hadn't really sat down and paid attention, but she did color for the Bulls-Sixers on Sunday and she was solid. Better than Reggie Miller, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Pretty much how I feel about all the female announcers.

Can't stand them, I just mute the TV and play some music whenever there's a female announcer.

Not to mention all she does is slurp Lebron even in games he's not playing in.
UNAPPRECIATED.

^ Thought the same thing when I read that.
laugh.gif
xsalvioutlawx:
all she does is slurp Lebron even in games he's not playing in.
UNAPPRECIATED.

Just watched the UCONN/WVU game earlier w/ no mention of BronBron. So there's that.

Oh, and...
Doris Burke ABSOLUTELY, DEFINITELY, and UNDENIABLY knows more than you

She has very good knowledge of the game and I really respect what she's doing.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Not to mention all she does is slurp Lebron even in games he's not playing in.
but they all do that

Back
Top Bottom