Fidel Castro has Died at 90

2016 going out with a bang
Fidel Castro, Cuba's former president and leader of the Communist revolution, has died aged 90, state TV has announced.

It provided no further details.

Fidel Castro ruled Cuba as a one-party state for almost half a century before handing over the powers to his brother Raul in 2008.

His supporters praised him as a man who had given Cuba back to the people. But his opponents accused him of brutally suppressing opposition.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Huge news.

Obama took out Osama.

Visted Cuba this past summer and look who went next. :nerd:

:lol:

Nah, all jokes aside, there will be a lot of partying in Miami and all over Cuba.

Can anyone give a TLDR synopsis on this dude? 
nerd.gif

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. 

He wasn't the former. Never knew my great grandmother, but my dad told me she would curse that man to hell when Cuba ever came up.

Can anyone give a TLDR synopsis on this dude? :nerd:

Depends on who you ask (or what ethnicity the Cuban is).

From what I see it seems a minority of Cubans hate him, assuming these were the ones he "oppressed", as they preferred the prior government. I know he fought against Apartheid in South Africa and helped African countries combat Colonialism in general so I have nothing bad to say about him.

I worked at a hospital in Miami and I had a psychiatric patient that would ONLY speak ill about Castro, he said nothing else.

Back in the late 90s my cousin and I caught a cab in Miami and the whole ride this dude just went on a tangent about how much he hates Castro..We didn't bring him up or anything

I worked at a hospital in Miami and I had a psychiatric patient that would ONLY speak ill about Castro, he said nothing else.

Back in the late 90s my cousin and I caught a cab in Miami and the whole ride this dude just went on a tangent about how much he hates Castro..We didn't bring him up or anything

From what I see seems White Cubans hate em and Afro Cubans/Mixed Cubans loved em.

At the end of the day do your own research because America is good for revisionist history.

Depends on who you ask (or what ethnicity the Cuban is).

From what I see it seems a minority of Cubans hate him, assuming these were the ones he "oppressed", as they preferred the prior government. I know he fought against Apartheid in South Africa and helped African countries combat Colonialism in general so I have nothing bad to say about him.

the prior government was more of a puppet system set up by spain. he did liberate cuba from the spanish threshold. however, he became what he fought against.

the prior government was more of a puppet system set up by spain. he did liberate cuba from the spanish threshold. however, he became what he fought against.

yeah I`m not Cuban so thats none of my business, I give him props for what he did in Africa but outside of that I don't know enough to make a true conclusion of who he was.

Who?

What this mean for cuban cigars boxing and cars tho?

Last edited:
Respect to a brave revolutionary.

I wish we, as Americans, weren't so brainwashed by corporate suits in Washington, for we could benefit greatly from the ideals of Castro.

He will live on regardless!

Son been out the limelight for decades after he gave his brother control.

It lacks impact. Son was 90 :lol:

The earlier African countries that gained independence allied themselves with communist countries because the west as whole left them out to hang. So Cuba, Russia..etc... were our allies in the 60s.

Back
Top Bottom