FIFA 09...thoughts?

hows it going for you guys?

im addicted to this game, I bought it the day it came out, but i have never played in the rain yet
indifferent.gif

also...im upset they took off that feature where if you had good players, they were called for the national team and came back with a slightly higherrating..why they take that off?
smh.gif

played online for the first time today, but just could not get used to the slow movement...i may just have to stick with career mode, or playing with 10 otherpeople on my team
pimp.gif
what you guys think of this game? ive for many years been a fan of fifa games

PSN-mota2323

Love this game. Thinking on playing it here in a bit after I'm done playing the COD world at war demo.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How does this game compare to FIFA 08
pimp.gif

[/color]
the ball and player control is A LOT better

another thing i like is how the defenders will raise their arm calling offsides..small detail, but its
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Omega Shenron

Originally Posted by RockinJs4Lyf

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How does this game compare to FIFA 08
pimp.gif

[/color]

it doesnt, o8 is alot better imo!!

07'
pimp.gif
I was a MONSTER in 07, and I'll be the first to say...after playing so many damn games u find its flaws. I loved that game though. Had so muchfun playing it. I skipped on 08, and 09 definitely doesn't disappoint from a realism standpoint.

on my fifa it be given out random $$# cards here and there. it will happen like twice a game, like after a throw someone will receive a red or yellow. but idef love it, its straight crack

Originally Posted by soobaysiikk

on my fifa it be given out random $$# cards here and there. it will happen like twice a game, like after a throw someone will receive a red or yellow. but i def love it, its straight crack
hm...they do this in real life...when someone slide tackles,the ref lets the play go on....then when it stops, he goes back and gives them thecard, just so he doesnt interfere your game play

Originally Posted by wanksta23

on my fifa it be given out random $$# cards here and there. it will happen like twice a game, like after a throw someone will receive a red or yellow. but i def love it, its straight crack
hm...they do this in real life...when someone slide tackles,the ref lets the play go on....then when it stops, he goes back and gives them the card, just so he doesnt interfere your game play
just to add to what ur saying to make it more clear...the ref lets the play go on if the team has an advantage to make a play out of the situationdespite the foul. if there is no advantage in letting them play on, then the ref will stop the game and award a free kick.

I used to hate FIFA but now '09 is one of my favorite games i feel it is a lot smoother than '08!

love the game! love you. hate the soundtrack. love bap 10on10. gl hf

EDIT: don't like how player's name isnt with the indicator.
UEFA soundtrack > Fifa 09 soundtrack
UEFA commentators > Fifa commentators

damn, i can't wait to get it for christmas. but as of right now.....fifa 08 ftw!

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Originally Posted by wanksta23

hm...they do this in real life...when someone slide tackles,the ref lets the play go on....then when it stops, he goes back and gives them the card, just so he doesnt interfere your game play
just to add to what ur saying to make it more clear...the ref lets the play go on if the team has an advantage to make a play out of the situation despite the foul. if there is no advantage in letting them play on, then the ref will stop the game and award a free kick.

no no no, i've played soccer all my life i know the game goes. BUT, all my friends and i noticed it, its random cards given at random times when NOTHINGhappened. and i know what the advantage rule is. maybe its my disc. maybe i got shaft, but that #*%* acts up

^^yea ive noticed this too, nothing foul-worthy occurs and then outta nowhere they show the ref flashing a yellow, gets me really heated lol. overall i favor08 over this, idk maybe im just too accustomed to 08's gameplay, 09 is a lot faster i guess it takes some gettin used to

Big step up from 08. Im just glad they worked on the free kicks, you can actually put good spin on ball.

Back
Top Bottom