FIFA 20 Black Friday Guaranteed TOTW SBC out.

In your opinion, whats the Top 3 FIFA game title that has been ever released?

• Any FIFA before 11

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • FIFA 11

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • FIFA 12

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • FIFA 13

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • FIFA 14

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • FIFA 15

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • FIFA 16

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • FIFA 17

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pre-ordered it so I've been playing since yesterday. Game is mad fun! Score lines are always ridiculously high :lol:

Doing my usual build coins through draft thing. Ive won 3 out of 4 drafts so far :pimp:

Weird that this is like the first year without a trade in deal for 17. Copping later so if anyone wants to run hit me

first impressions? i'm currently downloading it, won't really be able to play til later, but it seemed like shooting/scoring was easier in the demo.

saw Jumanji Jumanji has found this to be the case so far

I like the defending a lot. Feels like it takes more skill and is much less reliant on AI than 17. GKs are horrendous though imo. I've been using Lloris for a few days now and while it's definitely a step up from an average rare-gold GK it just feels like he's handicapped. I played against my friend the other day and the final score was 7-5 to him. We've never scored or let in so many goals against eachother. Same thing seems to happen online against randoms, far more goals on both sides.

Edit: Also regarding GKs, if you hold down the right thumbstick (for xbox at least, I assume the same for PS) your GK moves to the far post. This can be quite handy if you feel like your opponent is about to shoot into the far post.

Goddam this reminds me of when I copped PES 2016 and the game felt good until I played online and score lines were ridiculous.

One of my strengths is defending but the demo seems to take it out of the equation, and forces you to get into shootouts.

I didn't play the last FIFA online but remember reading people OD'd with the park the bus countering, idk maybe this is EA's weak answer to that

Last year a lot pro players griped about defending being too good and that they could just let the AI defend. A lot of online games opponents I played did park the bus or second man press constantly.

This year, u do have to manually defend and also watch for runs and cut off the passing lanes on the wings and during quick counter.

Defending is harder than it was in 17.

They'll probably patch it, I've played the draft and conceded some goals.. nothing outlandish tho.

My only gripe with the game, or moreso the creators, is that some guys that are high rated are unusable.

Veratti and Silva, both 87 rated, unusable because pace and shooting is everything for midfielders. Not dribbling and passing.

Oblak, 88 rated, unusable because FIFA puts more emphasis on a goalies height and not skills.

Was puttin' in work and got to the semis in the DKT with my scrubby team....then got thrashed 6-1 :lol:

Just played someone with Cristiano, Henry and Rio Ferdinand :lol: :smh:

Played em tough, but lost in extra time :angry:

I guess I'm going to have to wait to get to the higher divisions to see what the fuss on defense sucking is about :lol:

Typical scripted AI. Pace is basically non existent and defending is almost impossible.
Yo, if you can learn the body feint and heel to heel flick these are the only two skill moves you need against the AI without having to pace abuse the CPU. Body feint can be used with almost any player in the game, heel to heel requires a 4* skill move.

I also found a ground breaking flaw in playing the CPU. At times the game cheats and messes with your analog sprint. Turn it on or off depending on when you can physically see or mentally feel your players running sluggish or late when you click on your turbo button. Just press pause, go to controller settings and switch it off if its on, or switch it on if its on. It's night and day after you go back to the game.

Veratti and Silva, both 87 rated, unusable because pace and shooting is everything for midfielders. Not dribbling and passing.

Oblak, 88 rated, unusable because FIFA puts more emphasis on a goalies height and not skills.

I've enjoyed using the 88 rated Silva a lot. Slow mfs seem better this year than last

I can't defend for **** and keep getting washed online I made it through div 10 and 9 pretty easy but I'm stuck in div 8

I had to put the game down cause I was legit getting upset :lol:

Back
Top Bottom