Fifty-Dollar-an-Hour Earning: EXCELLENT Salaries

pharmacists make $55 (min) to $65 per hr now bro. this job is very good and it's not as stressful as other healthcare careers.

indifferent.gif
@ High School Principals. My principal was a total !@#$%. Not one student liked her.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

exxonmobil is goign to be a very bad company to work for in coming years because of the approaching public pension fund crisis. oil prices will start rising again once the financial crisis turns into a monetary crisis, but that too will hurt XOM's revenues, because of their deeply vertically integreated structure. working for strictly supply side exploration and drilling based oil companies is good, especially those with operations in canada and america and away from geopolitical hotspots but working for companies like exxonmobil, chevron, bp, etc is going to be a disaster in future years.
Goodlooks

I was thinking about working for an oil company after graduation too. My roommate is a co-op at Exxon and makes 30/hour
eek.gif
. Son has like 65 credits towards his degree
laugh.gif
. Oil companies literally throw money away. Another ExxonMobil classmate i havewas getting flown from Tyler, TX to Houston, TX. Thats like a 20min flight
laugh.gif
. Dude said it took longer to Taxi then to actually fly.

Seriously oil companies right now have so many perks and so much money man but if what you say is true, i might do something else. I honestly think Oilcompanies pay engineers the best money. Bar none, but everyone in engineering knows that the real money is in management. Engineer = foot soldier with an 80kpaycheck. Thats not real money man. Your career (salary raises) produces diminishing returns after 28. Thats when its time to get your MBA

And to address MBAs, please get one from a top 40 university if you can. Just as stated earlier, an MBA from University of Phoenix or some local 3rd tieruniversity will not get you the same job as an MBA from Wharton at UPenn. Guys at my job where I co-oped were getting MBA from all kinds of nonsense 3rd tierschools and wondering why they weren't getting promoted to management
laugh.gif

Some HR departments are really bourgeois.

The university of phoenix has public traded stocks though. Something about that should ring alarms in your ear.

Im currently a Computer Info Systems Major, but not too sure if I want to stick with it

Originally Posted by nyk buc

pharmacists make $55 (min) to $65 per hr now bro. this job is very good and it's not as stressful as other healthcare careers.
Buc you still in pharm school? If so, what year?

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Im currently a Computer Info Systems Major, but not too sure if I want to stick with it
I think those dudes make a lot of money but it seem like you dont the field ?

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

They make a lot of money if they have a management position. Up to 100k. I also read in yahoo that under Obamas new plan, there should be anincrease in jobs needed for system analyst/administrators, which is what CIS can get you into. I like the field, but Im just always open to other options. Imstill on my first year getting my GEs done so I still got time to switch it up. I also thought about getting an accounting degree, and doing the actuarything, but I took an accounting class and HATE it

and regarding the top 1%

averageincome2001.gif

Old but you get the point.

The 20/80 rule holds in all aspects of life; Taxes, Property/asset ownership, and income are no different.

OT where im at is over $80 an hour. i do it rarely but the option is there to do as much as you want. honestly im just pretty lazy. i dont know why butwhenever i do think about doin OT, i think if i did a few shifts, i could get a nice chain and post it in the jewelery thread

I know principals in NYC make a lot. The principal at my moms school (in the Bronx) makes over $120K. You don't just "become" a principal though,same way you're not automatically a judge. They go though some rigorous '@$# and they're looked at under a microscope.

XOM's vertical integration allows them to make profit in the downstream area when oil prices swing down. Diversification is never a bad thing, and whileyou might not get comparably large profits to someone that has all their eggs in one basket, you also aren't in dire straits once the situation changes, asyou saw all these booming exploration companies have to sell off a bunch of assets just to stay liquid.

I respect your knowledge and opinions DKY and have seen all your posts, but if you really believe vertical integration would be the doom of IOC'sthat's a little extreme as is your prediction of 10000/oz gold by 2012, but to each his own. While it will limit profits at IOC's in comparison toexploration companies such as CHK and APA, investment choices and direction will ultimately decide which IOC's will be strongest.

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

They make a lot of money if they have a management position. Up to 100k. I also read in yahoo that under Obamas new plan, there should be an increase in jobs needed for system analyst/administrators, which is what CIS can get you into. I like the field, but Im just always open to other options. Im still on my first year getting my GEs done so I still got time to switch it up. I also thought about getting an accounting degree, and doing the actuary thing, but I took an accounting class and HATE it
Good change your major so I can get your job
devil.gif

How about ...

Busines Analyst - 70 - 85/h
IT Security Consultant - 100 - 150/h

Originally Posted by JDocs

How about ...

IT security consultant? What you got to do to get into that? computer science?

I'm looking into Air Traffic Control. Good idea?

I work for a Market Research company, and the pay is nice....but I want MOAR $$

Does one really tell his/herself "I wanna be a high school principal"? I cannot remember a time when someone actually said that.

The careers listed are careers that need time to get there...with probably the exception of being a Pharmacist.

Originally Posted by LJ0311

XOM's vertical integration allows them to make profit in the downstream area when oil prices swing down. Diversification is never a bad thing, and while you might not get comparably large profits to someone that has all their eggs in one basket, you also aren't in dire straits once the situation changes, as you saw all these booming exploration companies have to sell off a bunch of assets just to stay liquid.

I respect your knowledge and opinions DKY and have seen all your posts, but if you really believe vertical integration would be the doom of IOC's that's a little extreme as is your prediction of 10000/oz gold by 2012, but to each his own. While it will limit profits at IOC's in comparison to exploration companies such as CHK and APA, investment choices and direction will ultimately decide which IOC's will be strongest.

if you noticed during the later stages of the oil bubble, exxon mobil's equity value stagnated as oil prices shot up. companies with such deepintegration do not have positive future outlooks in the face of long-term $120/barrel+ oil.

oil's bottom will be put in this year. i made a lot of money shorting energy companies last summer and predicted the commodity bubble crash. nowinflationary risk with the world's central banks' expansionary policies in response to the currently deflatoinary recession will cause oil prices tospike back up and the charts suggest it is close to bottoming, if it hasn't already. this is bad for exxon mobil's long term prospects.

the biggest issue with XOM though is the forthcoming pension fund crisis, that will surely gain a lot of exposure in coming months once its effects startbeing noticed. it has a $3.4 billion pension plan deficit, something that is going to have to be funded for appropriation. this will rock exxon's equityvalues in coming months.

Originally Posted by JDocs

How about ...

IT security consultant? What you got to do to get into that? computer science?

you could get a degree but a lot of people just get certificates. Its pretty much the same thing, is a lot less time.

Back
Top Bottom