Fifty-Dollar-an-Hour Earning: EXCELLENT Salaries

Hmm
Last post deleted...
But anyway
Im in this dual-degree program
Fort Valley State University + University of Texas, Austin
3 + 2
BS In Math, BS in P.E.

IDK exactly what I want to do in the industry, but there are SO many frikkin possibilities.
Man!
PS. Freak Calculus 2.
And trig integration.
And integration by parts.
And those cases sin^m + cos^n, if n is odd and positive.. etc.
Ugh.

why would anyone like being a principal ? I mean, you're dying to get out of Highschool and now you want to go back to that little corner office for therest of your life?
sick.gif

I'm looking into Air Traffic Control. Good idea?

They pay a TON....def 6 figures and there is a lot of job security, but the hours are long and its a very stressful job (ton of responsibility).

Cool post. I've been thinking about becoming a Pharmacist. I don't think my school currently offers anything there, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by killahcam06

Marketing major FTW
pimp.gif

they make bank...the black dude featured as best dressed in the new Esquire works at hair product brand (makers of nice and easy,etc) makes 150k ,

quite inspirational read
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mcan21o

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Originally Posted by JDocs

How about ...

Busines Analyst - 70 - 85/h
IT Security Consultant - 100 - 150/h
IT security consultant? What you got to do to get into that? computer science?

you could get a degree but a lot of people just get certificates. Its pretty much the same thing, is a lot less time.

Yup.. all you really need is the certs (CCNA, CCNP, MCP, CCIE, etc etc)..but before you become a consultant you will need a few years of experience in thefield, which you will probably need a degree to get. Computer science is a good start, focusing more on security, analysis and networking will probably help.One of my professors makes around 200/h doing consulting for companies, but he has more letters after his name than in his name
laugh.gif
I am trying to get intoAnalysis side of things (like Business Analysis, or Systems Analysis)...with more experience I might get into Security Engineering which consists of ALLaspects of security (physical and data security).

What is a good list or what Certs is most recommended to get? Because I want to start getting my certs but dont know where to start

eek.gif
didn't know principals made that much and
pimp.gif
at wifey being in year two pharmacy school as we speak!

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

why would anyone like being a principal ? I mean, you're dying to get out of Highschool and now you want to go back to that little corner office for the rest of your life?
sick.gif
Co-sign.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by nyk buc

pharmacists make $55 (min) to $65 per hr now bro. this job is very good and it's not as stressful as other healthcare careers.
Buc you still in pharm school? If so, what year?

in my freakin' 2nd yr. wanna finish this +$! already and make some dough
mad.gif

Hopefully if all goes well i would be headed toward Mass College of Pharmacy

to get a degree in PharmD and no i will not want to work in CVS it sucks

because im a pharmtech and do not want to do retail

hopefully i can do Sales and sell medicine to doctors and hospitals

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

What is a good list or what Certs is most recommended to get? Because I want to start getting my certs but dont know where to start

Honestly, the best way to do it is to get through a degree. Put in some grunt work at a company as a System Admin or Network Admin and get them to pay for thecerts while you're working there. Because these things are NOT cheap and there are many of them... A good short list of things might be CCNA 1-4, CCNP,CCSP, MCP (server 2003 and XP .. or vista and server 2008 when they are available) and A+.. the Cisco ones are networking but they are good to have as abackground.. there are TONS more but those are the basics I think. But as I said, I'd get a job first without them then get them to pay for your certs.

Originally Posted by JDocs

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Honestly, the best way to do it is to get through a degree. Put in some grunt work at a company as a System Admin or Network Admin and get them to pay for the certs while you're working there. Because these things are NOT cheap and there are many of them... A good short list of things might be CCNA 1-4, CCNP, CCSP, MCP (server 2003 and XP .. or vista and server 2008 when they are available) and A+.. the Cisco ones are networking but they are good to have as a background.. there are TONS more but those are the basics I think. But as I said, I'd get a job first without them then get them to pay for your certs.

good looking out, I figured that would be the best route. I`m a CIS major, what do you do/major?

Back
Top Bottom