Fighting a red light camera ticket.

If they show video I'm good right? I didn't run the red. I just went like halfway where the pedestrian walk is...

Wow is this real life?

I'm supposed to go to court tomorrow to set a court date to fight the ticket.

These cameras do more harm than good.

You fighting it too? How's your story?
In cali?

Yeah it happened in Newark, CA it was really late at night. I didn't even notice a no turn on red sign and crossed it at the tail end of a yellow and it turned red while i was crossing. First thing I'm going to do is check out where I got the ticket and see how far away the sign is from the actual signal.

This is my first ticket so I'm planning to say that I consider myself a responsible driver, it was late at night, no one was around, didnt see the sign, etc.

For you Californians that know we are allowed to make right turns on red lights given the opportunity. Well I don't k ow if some I you been by Pierce college. On mason and victory. You aren't suppose to make a right. Well I saw the sign late and I was like on half of the cross walk for pedestrians and was snapped. (I saw the lights go off). I didn't turn right until the light turn green. It was too late already.
So can I fight it? And how?
I heard something about traffic school. I never did that.
And how much will it hurt my insurance? Thanks

Wait til you get your ticket/bill, if you didn't turn, sometimes they do not send you your ticket because it is reviewed before being sent out. Those lights are sensitive. Usually you have to actually turn or cross that line all the way where they take your pic twice (before and after) but who knows.

If you do get that ticket, I don't think you can fight it because it is enforced by MTA, it isn't the same camera lights that they removed because people stopped paying and there was little to no repercussions. Those MTA lights are supposedly of a different department and I haven't heard or read of anyway to get out of it.

It is true the tickets are reviewd by an officer before being sent out, because like you said the cameras can be sensitive and every situation isn't black and white. Hopefully he doesn't get a ticket due to the situation, if OP does get it you should look at the vid to see if he can fight it or not.

I heard that those tickets are self incriminating. Legally you have the right to take the "officer" who issued you a ticket to court to fight the violation, since there is no physical officer involved than the ticket is void. Don't know how much of that is actually true, just what I've heard from other people.

My friend's wife got a red light ticket through a camera and ignored it when it came in the mail. Nothing happened to her.

Just because nothing happened yet doesn't mean it won't. If she ignores it, the city will add money on top of what the ticket is. Then they will notify the DMV after a certain amount of time [30, or 60 days] w/o payment. The DMV will then threatened to suspend her license and/or registration until it is paid. Don't let something small turn into something big, she thinks she is ok but that is how they want us to feel. So now they can enter with no vaseline and get more money.

Yo abouut 3 months ago at 4 am i turned right onto roscoe from canoga (by the exposed stripclub) and the camera flashed and took my pic but i never got a tocket in the mail and it aint on my license online

If you haven't gotten a ticket maybe the officer/reviewer deemed your turn legal and chose not to issue you a ticket. Just b/c the camera flashes doesn't make you guilty. The person who reviews the video makes that call, as you can see in my video it isn't always the right one.

There's no way of fighting a red light camera - they have you on camera. You'll have to pay the fine and ask for traffic school.

Take the L.

There's no way of fighting a red light camera - they have you on camera. You'll have to pay the fine and ask for traffic school.

Take the L.

if he is guilty, then sure. He needs to wait for the ticket/photo in the mail first, if he didn't complete the turn then he should fight it.

So, any updates. I tried to go for it on a yellow turning red and got snapped. It was a downhill in SF and I didn't want to slammon brakes having my laptop fall off the backseat. Any of those we'll get rid of your red light ticket or refund your money sites work?

https://www.ticketsnipers.com

This is what they have (2 more pics not shown, one with license plate one with me as driver)

View media item 1990558
View media item 1990560

Last edited:
Just bang with the south siders when you hit county. Once they transfer you to a state penitentiary ( either Folsom or San Quentin depending on how fast you were going when you took the light) you might be eligible for parole if you get time reduced on good behavior and completion of traffic school. 

I thought red light camera tickets were illegal and "optional" to pay in CA? They even removed a bunch of them in socal.

Last edited:
I just got a ticket for going 91 on the freeway. Gonna fight it and pray the officer doesn't show up.

Back
Top Bottom