Filipino Culture Thread

he noticed the kind of photos I was tagged in he went 'welps, never mind I don't need to know about what you be doin'

tumblr_m6gkv5AzMM1r24sym.gif

I never checked out this thread until today. Wattup to my flip fam in NT. Been on since 06, changed my username in ‘12 trynna start fresh.
I hate FB btw, only go on once in ageeat while to check sneaker groups

Why does EVERY uncle sing this song?!

Easy to sing, old titos with red horse in the system don’t have much range. Plus it’s a classic, Sinatra + overcoming the odds to make it big time.

Edit: also slow enough for them to keep up :lol:

Conversely, My Way by Usher is very much allowed in Prink Eight Pive Videoke Restobar

How many of the Filipino NTs in here live in the motherland? Man I’ve only been once and been dying to go back. It was a hassle tho, because we straight from an island and relatives beg like crazy. Went there with a whole luggage and a duffle at 17 and left with the clothes on my back. But I willingly gave em.

I get all my height from my moms side. My brothers and me all 6’ and up. My gramps was 6’3” apparently.

Also feels good to recently of been discovering some bigger names in fashion/clothing/shoes recently of some Filipino brethren :smokin

Is that rhuigi guy filipino?

Remember back in the day where we said jayz and foxy brown were filipino cause of their noses lmao

I remember during that time where we were claiming everybody was half filipino... LOL

I think that statement actually holds true to this day. Are there even any full filipino's in the game who are big deals?

FEU has one of the best college basketball programs in the Philippines (UST grad here :pimp: - which is a few streets away) aside from Ateneo and La Salle. Had friends that went there, too

They're also "sponsored" by Nike and have a lot of support from alumni. A lot of PBA players came from their school (Johnny Abarrientos, Terrence Romeo, Arwind Santos, Mac Belo, Jeff Chan, etc.).

Ironic thing about the PBA is that most of the well-known/established/FUNDED schools like Ateneo and La Salle do not produce succesful players; which is also weird because those schools are known for poaching prospects from small programs.

Johnny A :pimp:
IMG_0779.JPG

June Mar Fajardo - THE BEST PBA player right now IMO and he's like our Anthony Davis (shameless IG plug :nerd::lol:)

IMG_0780.jpg

Your friend's in good hands, SplinterMatic319 SplinterMatic319 :pimp:

why is abs-cbn and gma sitll not offered in freakin HD broadcasts here in the USA? F-ing joke especially the high subscription prices they charge. I know at least ABS-CBN is shot in HD because the streams out there in the pirate scene is actually widescreen and HD even though the groups that put it out compress the F out it, its still better quality than source SD from subscribed cable or satellite.

Back
Top Bottom