Filipino Culture Thread

Duterte Administration is really going all out to shutting down ABS CBN

when the anti-terrorism bill passes it’s gonna be martial law part 2 without the outright titles

And Philippine Congress is allowing this to pass without any challenge? This is nuts.

When does Duterte's term end?

And Philippine Congress is allowing this to pass without any challenge? This is nuts.

When does Duterte's term end?

theyre all on his nuts. Just like here in the US. And if you’re not on his jock then you’re a yellow traitor “dilawan”. Terms there are 6 years so 2022.

What does that anti terrorism bill entail?

Basically eliminates due process and need of evidence. If you’re suspected of terror/terrorism they’ll haul you off to jail for any period of time without rights or a timeline. The problem is terror to them can be posting a anti-Duterte meme on Facebook or something less than that :smh:

essentially martial law 2

I replace Kare Kare with Dinaguan

that would be my trinity
thats up there for me too, but i can only eat my pops' dinaguan....no other ever has come close, so i just don't bother trying any others anymore.

the other 3, i can pretty much eat anytime, anywhere....plus the differences in recipes for those are welcome, whereas diniguan can get weird quick (super fatty pieces, liver, etc.)

I want to try Kare Kare with Lechon Kawali lol Whoever posted that up top, that looked great.

My top 3 would be:

- Pork Sinigang
- Palabok
- Pork Adobo (Miss the way my lola cooked it)

This spot in chino makes one that is pretty good

Big fan of Bangus Sisig also

been to the one in Artesia, the crispy pata is pretty good too.

if any of y'all are ever in the motherland and are in QC or BGC, this is the absolute best crispy pata hands down

so damn tender they cut it up with a popsicle stick. I took anyone who ever came to visit me there.

theyre all on his nuts. Just like here in the US. And if you’re not on his jock then you’re a yellow traitor “dilawan”. Terms there are 6 years so 2022.
He's the traitor. He sold the Philippines to China.

Plus, he is a Marcos Sympathizer. Off with this guy's head.

He's the traitor. He sold the Philippines to China.

Plus, he is a Marcos Sympathizer. Off with this guy's head.

dude said he wouldn't bow down to China, 2 years later gives up the Spratly Islands/West Philippine Sea and tells the fishermen there who depend on the shoal to survive "tough luck, get out"

dude said he wouldn't bow down to China, 2 years later gives up the Spratly Islands/West Philippine Sea and tells the fishermen there who depend on the shoal to survive "tough luck, get out"

I vividly remember that during his campaign. I was in the Phils at that time surfing. My buddies over there were excited for real change. Everyone thought, "oh Aquino was not good because he as not a good leader, the Philippines only improved a little bit etc.".

That's why I am hoping Trump sends in more troops to South East Asia. Have a stand off and have a little scare.

I vividly remember that during his campaign. I was in the Phils at that time surfing. My buddies over there were excited for real change. Everyone thought, "oh Aquino was not good because he as not a good leader, the Philippines only improved a little bit etc.".

That's why I am hoping Trump sends in more troops to South East Asia. Have a stand off and have a little scare.

It's wild how much the situation here mirrors the situation there. Duterte = Trump, Russia = China, Putin = Xi, Clinton = Robredo. And the fools who couldn't see past the grandstanding and populist campaigns who voted for them.

100% Duterte would get on his knees for Trump too. Prob just allow the US military to stroll in and take over a few strategic ports.

i dont eat pork anymore but if i did. Crispy Pata would be in top 5

i dont eat pork anymore but if i did. Crispy Pata would be in top 5
Haven't had this in forever. I remember driving home and saw a Filipino store that was locally known for their Crispy Pata. I was literally about to buy one for lunch :smh::lol:

Back
Top Bottom