Filipino Culture Thread

Haven't had this in forever. I remember driving home and saw a Filipino store that was locally known for their Crispy Pata. I was literally about to buy one for lunch :smh::lol:

Back when I used to work overnights about a decade ago, my go-to was always Crispy Pata with garlic rice when I used to get out of work at 7am since a local Filipino spot used to have all that ready, even during bfast. Eating that, watching espn in the morning was my morning(pre-bed) routine:lol:

If I ever have garlic fries rice it’s because I’m eating longsilog. Come to think of it I can’t think of a time where I have garlic fried rice with any other ulam.

A couple of years ago, my wife's aunt always brought that to the family get together.

That was the only thing I ate lol
you know what time it is...

2020-07-01_11-21-30.png

I just saw this yesterday. And this was quietly swept under the rugs for the last 2 weeks??

A Filipino employee at a Santa Cruz restaurant was fired for engaging in a physical altercation with customers who reportedly attacked him with racial slurs.

• Wow
Reactions: Ube
I just saw this yesterday. And this was quietly swept under the rugs for the last 2 weeks??

A Filipino employee at a Santa Cruz restaurant was fired for engaging in a physical altercation with customers who reportedly attacked him with racial slurs.

I'm assuming the employee was working when he got into the altercation. Owner probably doesn't want to be liable, didn't care for the employee, and sided with customer to maintain business.

it was on reddit and I think the Karen thread here. Half of the staff/his coworkers quit in protest and they got flooded with bad reviews/bad PR and closed (temporarily I think).

why all of central CA gotta be racist smh
It's that conservative Central CA. Place is just different.

I remember I had to house sit my aunt's house in Bakersfield and I thought I was going insane. Only enjoyable part of my stay was meeting a pinay from Delano and spending time with her lol.

I wonder what she's up to these days lol

Dude put his hands on him. Man has the right to defend himself. Shouldn't of been fired. He should sue the restaurants for their inability to provide a safe work place and for being fired for defending himself. Why wasn't the manager fired for not kicking them out quick enough?

I’ve had some of their food there and I gotta say I wasn’t too impresssed. I will go back and checkout that crispy diniguan though. That sounds really good and interesting.
Have you tried Crispy House in Cerritos?

Back
Top Bottom