Filipino Culture Thread

BRUH, I never stood a chance at UP :rofl:

At the time when I took my exams, I declared myself as a US citizen not knowing how much it would have affected the criteria I’d fall into.

So when I filed my paperwork at UST, a dude from the accounting office told me to get a dual citizenship since I have a PH birth certificate so I didn’t have to pay the ridiculous fees foreign students pay ON TOP OF the tuition fee (which I did on my first prelims during my freshman year).

exactly what I did too, got my dual citizenship mostly to avoid visa issues but as a foreign graduate I still had to pay the 10k fee and foreign student tuition which was totally fine compared to US Med schools. Having the passport made flying back home and living abroad so much easier too.

exactly what I did too, got my dual citizenship mostly to avoid visa issues but as a foreign graduate I still had to pay the 10k fee and foreign student tuition which was totally fine compared to US Med schools. Having the passport made flying back home and living abroad so much easier too.

at least we don’t have student loans to deal with after college :lol:

Might be hustling backwards tryna take my MBA in the US .

Looking at schools in the UK and EU and its so much cheaper.

I should re-apply for my Philippine Passport. Faster lines going back in the PI, and faster lines for other ASEAN countries as well. I noticed this when I would backpack. Plus, buying property is easier.

for a Filipino born in the PI but raised in the US, do you guys recommend anything I should do when visiting the PI? I went when I was 16 with my mom, but we basically stayed on the island we were from, and made a few trips to Manila.

I connected with family, but I didn’t get to really see the country and culture in depth. I plan on visiting when the pandemic is over. I want to go back to binangonan and go to Cardona and visit family. But then I want to see the rest of the country.

a little culture connecting and just soul searching

for a Filipino born in the PI but raised in the US, do you guys recommend anything I should do when visiting the PI? I went when I was 16 with my mom, but we basically stayed on the island we were from, and made a few trips to Manila.

I connected with family, but I didn’t get to really see the country and culture in depth. I plan on visiting when the pandemic is over. I want to go back to binangonan and go to Cardona and visit family. But then I want to see the rest of the country.

a little culture connecting and just soul searching
El-Nido or Coron are a must for vacationing and sight seeing. There’s not much in manila for a foreigner but good restos and bars.

Might be hustling backwards tryna take my MBA in the US .

Looking at schools in the UK and EU and its so much cheaper.

as long as the credits transfer/your degree is recognized, go for it bruh. research though make sure your job prospects when you're done is good, in medicine foreign grads have a harder climb than US grads

also you could use it as an opportunity to travel. my biggest regret is not travelling to different countries, but no time or money lol.

Duli Beach in El Nido >>>>>>

idk if it’s still as remote as before but wifey and I took the chance, and never regretted the decision. Roads should be paved by now so it’s lot easier to get there but back when we went, we thought we were going to die because it was a long *** drive from the El Nido town proper and we traveled at night :lol: .

I think Palawan can be a country of its own cuz we saw A LOT of foreigners, and we actually met a Peruvian couple who were so kind and had all great things to say about their trip.

It turned out that moving back to the Philippines for college was the best decision I made after HS because not only did I save a BUNCH of money for school, but also had the chance to travel cheap in-and-around Asia.

Idiots didnt know both sides were undercover.

Jesus so two government law enforcement agencies had a shootout in broad daylight in a heavily populated commercial area during busy hours. PI government full of idiots at least it was only PNP who died and not civilians.

oh yeah UAAP/NCAA basketball no one gives a damn recruiting kids straight from Africa or the Middle East. seems like the regular student body has their collective **** together, like they know the stakes more than rich private school kids.
This is true. I was introduced to a recruit from Ateneo in ‘03 lol

Idiots didnt know both sides were undercover.

For some reason, tbis law enforcement mishap reminds me of the hk hostage situation in 2010. Pure incompetence mixed with corruption.

This is when a recently terminatedd pnp officer hijacked the hk tourist bus and wanted media attention to tell everyone about the corruption.

Well, the the chief of police aint havingit, so they got him killed. Too bad smart phones and youtube wasn't as cheap and accessible as it is now. He could have just broadcasted everything online.

For some reason, tbis law enforcement mishap reminds me of the hk hostage situation in 2010. Pure incompetence mixed with corruption.

This is when a recently terminatedd pnp officer hijacked the hk tourist bus and wanted media attention to tell everyone about the corruption.

Well, the the chief of police aint havingit, so they got him killed. Too bad smart phones and youtube wasn't as cheap and accessible as it is now. He could have just broadcasted everything online.

I had just gotten there I remember this, it was all over tv too. I still remember the windows being half busted through and trying to rush a damn bus with a swat team. Total incompetence.

^Dam I remember that hostage situation. The law enforcement in the PI look so incompetent. Like they were trained off of youtube videos.

I’ll never forget that hostage situation in 2010 man. I asked my now-wife to be my girl the day before :lol:

**** really took the WHOLE damn day and like what yall said, PURE negligence and incompetence in handling the whole thing. **** was so embarrassing.

apparently there's a youtube doc (i'm sure there's more), 20 minutes long I'll watch when I get the chance but

smh.JPG

this is the part I was thinking about earlier you had a whole swat team squatting on the ground assault rifles drawn and one dude half *** flailing a sledgehammer at a window that was not going to break :smh:

also forgot about the media coverage, in the video comments people are pointing out that the guy had a TV and could see everything that was happening outside, all the positions and tactics smh complete mess all around

apparently there's a youtube doc (i'm sure there's more), 20 minutes long I'll watch when I get the chance but

smh.JPG

this is the part I was thinking about earlier you had a whole swat team squatting on the ground assault rifles drawn and one dude half *** flailing a sledgehammer at a window that was not going to break :smh:

also forgot about the media coverage, in the video comments people are pointing out that the guy had a TV and could see everything that was happening outside, all the positions and tactics smh complete mess all around

bruhhhhh

the media coverage and failed attempts by the SWAT team were shown like a damn “Worst Case Scenario” masterclass :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom