filipino tribal tats???

anyone know where i can get them done and the price. like a fully customized right chest and arm sleeve.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

23Luong45...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Orly is out of the country. He will be gone for another couple of months. Then u got to go on his long !#* waiting list

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

Originally Posted by 23mjordan45

thanks just checked out the site do you know how much they go for?

$300 for something very plain/basic to $1000 for more detailed/intricates
sounds good...so i tell them like a "theme" i want it to be and the design will come out of their mind??? because i want to pay a good amount like $500 and up to get it very detailed and like a theme i want it to be.

Hey! You and along wit every other Filipino guy I know is going to have one/has one. Of course it's unique! It IS your family history that no one understand.

Do you guys think that Filipino Tribal Tattoos have become a fad? I met my cousin's friend who decided to get a sleeve that had to with Agriculture. He didn't care what it meant, he simply wanted it on because it looked good. I just find it interesting that the past two years or so, I have seen Filipinos rocking a tribal tattoo. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Do you guys think that Filipino Tribal Tattoos have become a fad? I met my cousin's friend who decided to get a sleeve that had to with Agriculture. He didn't care what it meant, he simply wanted it on because it looked good. I just find it interesting that the past two years or so, I have seen Filipinos rocking a tribal tattoo. What do you guys think?
Yeah it has. 99.5% of the ones you see are all the same. The same designs/patterns and there's always the sun and 3 stars incorporated into it. The real ones don't look as nice but are better IMHO.
I agree. Some guy actually was sensitive and started to raise his voice to me when I questioned him about his tattoos.  He kept yelling how it was part of his heritage and that he is proud of what was tatted on him, yet he had NO IDEA what so ever on what the design meant.  I mean wouldn't you want something that represented YOUR heritage that YOU yourself can relate to? Whether it would be from a province your parents or family is from or something that is near and dear to you? Some of them are nice, but it's slowly becoming a typical fad.

I personally wanted to set up a meeting with Orly to design a type of family crest for my cousins and I after my grandparents died this past year. But yeah...

Yeah it has. 99.5% of the ones you see are all the same. The same designs/patterns and there's always the sun and 3 stars incorporated into it. The real ones don't look as nice but are better IMHO.
I agree. Some guy actually was sensitive and started to raise his voice to me when I questioned him about his tattoos.  He kept yelling how it was part of his heritage and that he is proud of what was tatted on him, yet he had NO IDEA what so ever on what the design meant.  I mean wouldn't you want something that represented YOUR heritage that YOU yourself can relate to? Whether it would be from a province your parents or family is from or something that is near and dear to you? Some of them are nice, but it's slowly becoming a typical fad.

I personally wanted to set up a meeting with Orly to design a type of family crest for my cousins and I after my grandparents died this past year. But yeah...

naw i dont want a random one that i wouldnt know. mine is gonna mean something to me like i want my right chest and in the middle would have the carabao in tribal design and all surrounding it because im a hard worker, strong, nice personality, and i play fball so when im on the field i feel like a bull cuz i play fb. then i want it to connect to my whole right arm and the typical stars and sun in the top shoulder and its gonna connect to my arm sleeve.gonna have like a design for each the 4 waves and one thats gonna have flowers cuz my familys from san fernando la union and the city is called the botanical garden city. and all around my wrist will be in alibata. and its gonna say family, strength, and respect.

naw i dont want a random one that i wouldnt know. mine is gonna mean something to me like i want my right chest and in the middle would have the carabao in tribal design and all surrounding it because im a hard worker, strong, nice personality, and i play fball so when im on the field i feel like a bull cuz i play fb. then i want it to connect to my whole right arm and the typical stars and sun in the top shoulder and its gonna connect to my arm sleeve.gonna have like a design for each the 4 waves and one thats gonna have flowers cuz my familys from san fernando la union and the city is called the botanical garden city. and all around my wrist will be in alibata. and its gonna say family, strength, and respect.
That sounds good bro, I wasn't pointing the question directly to you. I just wanted to see what people's views are in regards to these tattoos. I like your idea of the design. I too wanted something to represent my family. Good stuff man, if you ever get your work done, post a pic!

thanks man...most def ill post a pic but i only got 200 right now so i started saving hopefully i can get it done in good detail for like 500 no more than 7. but im planning to get it when the fball season is over cuz imma play for my jc team. hopefully i can get it b4 my bday in xmas. do you think i should schedule an appointment right now for dec or wait a while and hopefully i can get into that guy orlys waiting list.

thanks man...most def ill post a pic but i only got 200 right now so i started saving hopefully i can get it done in good detail for like 500 no more than 7. but im planning to get it when the fball season is over cuz imma play for my jc team. hopefully i can get it b4 my bday in xmas. do you think i should schedule an appointment right now for dec or wait a while and hopefully i can get into that guy orlys waiting list.

You're going to be paying way more than $500 to get your pec and arm covered. I suggest you go to the shop in SJ and set up your appointment. And when Orly gets back you can pay him a visit and discuss your ideas so he can draw it up, then from there, he can also give you a quote for the tat.

P.S. it's a nice gesture to tip your artist
smile.gif

You're going to be paying way more than $500 to get your pec and arm covered. I suggest you go to the shop in SJ and set up your appointment. And when Orly gets back you can pay him a visit and discuss your ideas so he can draw it up, then from there, he can also give you a quote for the tat.

P.S. it's a nice gesture to tip your artist
smile.gif
ight imma do that on the day of mannys fight since imma be in the bay cuz i dont fee like drivin 2 hrs and comming  back right after cuz i live in stockton. and what do you mean by a quote?

saw Orly in the Philippines (in Kalibo for the Ati-atihan festival on Jan 17, 2010, to be exact)

good luck trying to get him because his waitlist is for MONTHS

Originally Posted by gameovertripleh

saw Orly in the Philippines (in Kalibo for the Ati-atihan festival on Jan 17, 2010, to be exact)

good luck trying to get him because his waitlist is for MONTHS

yea thats what im hearing hopefully i can schedule one with him  around mid or late dec or in jan

To this day I have no idea what all the tribal stuff is but I have been noticing it more and more in the Bay.

Saw this pic. You guys might know of it cause I think it is a clothing like done in SJ:

barber_shop_cukui_0.jpg

i got my tat done by orily , ame out to about 600 jus for my upper arm, orlys work is the best in the bay, u can tell its his work by the style but not one is the same

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

To this day I have no idea what all the tribal stuff is but I have been noticing it more and more in the Bay.

Saw this pic. You guys might know of it cause I think it is a clothing like done in SJ:

barber_shop_cukui_0.jpg
that tatoo work is super clean. im not big on color but from the pic its pulled off perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom