Final: 2.25 is the new MTA Fare, increase in license registration fee for NYC, sorry HTTB

[h1]FARE DEAL! 25 CENT HIKE IS ON TRACK[/h1][h1]
whats_in_store.jpg
[/h1]

I'm still getting a car regardless, the hell with the MTA
laugh.gif

NT NYC Driving course summit coming soon this summer
featuring simplydimply, harlem to the bronx, myself and viiheaven
pimp.gif

MTA = Bunch of crooks

Some ol #*+%%*$*. Add me to that driving course.

What does the MTA do with their money??

That's what the city of NY, LI and the Metro-North riders would like to know.

aint they making the BK - Williamsburgh and Manhattan Bridge - toll bridges aswell?

I was about to say .. that Mayor !*+%% needs to be voted out .. trying to make time square a freaking park .. messing up all the traffic and trying to restricttraffic to the city .. hmm I wonder who that benefit .. now he is trying to extend the freaking policy for time in office ... SMH .. shoot that dude dead!(Just in case someone is readin - Figure of speech, no need to send the feds to investigate .. lol)

It was not immediately clear when the hikes would go into effect.
About $400 million of the tax each year will go toward backing bonds for the MTA's capital program in 2010 and 2011. The money will fund purchases of new subway cars, station rehabs, and continued work on megaprojects like the Second Avenue Subway.

There's still a question of where funds for the rest of the agency's five-year capital program will come from. "If we knew how we would pay for it, we would be standing here telling you that right now," Paterson said.

A little over than a $1,000 a year for the subway
smh.gif
I dont even live in NYC Im in NJ but I work there. This is too much.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

A little over than a $1,000 a year for the subway
smh.gif
I dont even live in NYC Im in NJ but I work there. This is too much.

I think you can claim that on your taxes .. right???

Great an extra 182 dollars a year I don't have...so how much is the unlimited pass now? 25 beans a week was already killing my budget

Roughly 8.3 Million people in NYC... 60% of which ride MTA often and yet MTA always in financial problems.

Might aswell cop a rental when I come up to NYC for Labor Day

Getting my license on Friday
pimp.gif

And I can drive my parents car
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

%$*+ $2.25 for a single ride. MTA service sucks and then they do this.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Roughly 8.3 Million people in NYC... 60% of which ride MTA often and yet MTA always in financial problems.

Might aswell cop a rental when I come up to NYC for Labor Day

When your employees are sitting in a booth making 50k-60k a year to do absolutely nothing, you'll be in financial troubletoo
laugh.gif
.. I hate the MTA, I need to get my license so I can use my momscar
pimp.gif

honestly this is better than I was expecting. I mean at least they didn't cut any lines.

It sucks but at least 24-hr subway and bus service still remains. Some of the cuts would have been terrible for those who work/commute late at night.

Back
Top Bottom