Final and offical numbers for soundscan. Vol. Eminem 601,863.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

FACT: lil wayne will not sell a mil again. he has hype, not a fanbase.
FACT: lil wayne sucks
FACT: relapse is a great album. best of 09 so far and maybe the rest of year

Plz don't compare Em to wayne. nowhere near the same level
46936ff039fbfd91f92acb3577dd3f6603b6ccce.gif

are you serious?????

Originally Posted by JWM

are you serious?????
yes, as he is probly one of the few in here with actual common sense.

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

Originally Posted by JWM

are you serious?????
come on fam so you really think lil wayne will never go plat. again?......ever?

Originally Posted by JWM

Originally Posted by JWM

are you serious?????
come on fam so you really think lil wayne will never go plat. again?......ever?

He meant plat in first week

FACT: you do not know what a fact means.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

somebody said the content is better than the carter 3...
laugh.gif

i dont like TC3 either really but id rather hear about money, %@@%!#+, jewelry, and cars than the ++!+ eminem raps about any day...

yup im not tryna hear entire songs about rape and murder while using a middle eastern accent or whatever the @#$% that is

^ YEA! datz why i cannot stand Eminem's MUSIC+ reason why i DID NOT DOWNLOAD/PURCHASE this album

glasses.gif
BrOwNiN187 wrote:

lol @ people taking message boards too seriously.

so this solidifies that wayne is the best rapper of the current crop. all them grammies, records sold; the man is recession proof. and stan's have the nerve to say that his single "lollipop" is the reason. talk about dumbing down? em's single is for 11 yr old kids.

wayne's numbers prove that quality music will sell if it has a chance to reach the masses. the carter III has no weak spots outside of that joint with t-pain and lollipop. its a complete hiphop album with concept tracks, lyricism, story telling and conscious tracks.

eminem's album wasn't a complete dud. i mean, i kept about 3 songs from it, but its obvious that the recession isn't the reason why he couldn't push a milli. its the qualifty of the product. it's decent, but still half assed for a guy that has the amount of talent he has. please use that skill and make an album that is on par with what you can produce. the stans will obviously ride with it regardless, but no one cares for them southpark/tmz raps anymore. you'd have to like movies like "epic movie" and "dance flick" or w/e to enjoy today's eminem.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Not to be on your (Squirrel Lover's) or anything but you gotta be one of the most intelligent NT'ers on this site
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

Fact: If wayne records a cd in his bathroom right now while droppin a duece... entitled "im @%#@@!# on yall"... itd go plat in 6 days

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

glasses.gif
BrOwNiN187 wrote:

so this solidifies that wayne is the best rapper of the current crop. all them grammies, records sold; the man is recession proof. and stan's have the nerve to say that his single "lollipop" is the reason. talk about dumbing down? em's single is for 11 yr old kids.

wayne's numbers prove that quality music will sell if it has a chance to reach the masses. the carter III has no weak spots outside of that joint with t-pain and lollipop. its a complete hiphop album with concept tracks, lyricism, story telling and conscious tracks.

eminem's album wasn't a complete dud. i mean, i kept about 3 songs from it, but its obvious that the recession isn't the reason why he couldn't push a milli. its the qualifty of the product. it's decent, but still half assed for a guy that has the amount of talent he has. please use that skill and make an album that is on par with what you can produce. the stans will obviously ride with it regardless, but no one cares for them southpark/tmz raps anymore. you'd have to like movies like "epic movie" and "dance flick" or w/e to enjoy today's eminem.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Not to be on your (Squirrel Lover's) or anything but you gotta be one of the most intelligent NT'ers on this site
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

eyes.gif

first of all, his single is not intended for 11 yr olds at all, I don't understand why people think that. they are gimmicky yes, but without a doubt gearedtowards an older audience. Lil Wayne's Lollipop is pretty much what led to large album sales and more white people taking him seriously. It isn't thebest song on Carter III at all, but these are the types of songs that sell records. In hiphop you won't reach these sales numbers without that kind of hit.

As far as Eminem not selling a million copies the first week because of poor quality, that's wrong. You are implying that Lil wayne's high sales arebased on good quality which is not true. Most of the 600k purchases of the em album the first week came from people who haven't heard the album at all.They are obviously making the purchase based on his past work and what they expect. That is not what happened with Lil Wayne, who didn't see the mainstreamsuccess of Carter III before it. and I love Carter III

I'm really not trying to defend Eminem hardcore like that so sorry if it seems that way. My point is "today's Eminem" is the same Eminem asalways, some people are just tired of it (i think I might be tired of it).

StephonUrkel wrote:
Fact: If wayne records a cd in his bathroom right now while droppin a duece... entitled "im @%#@@!# on yall"... itd go plat in 6 days
roll.gif
...very true
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

The carter III has no weak spots outside of that joint with t-pain and lollipop. its a complete hiphop album with concept tracks, lyricism, story telling and conscious tracks.
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Word. This Brownin dude needs to drive his way to a nearest cliff and then stomp on the gas.
indifferent.gif
what storytelling and conscious tracks did he have on that album?

ugh.."Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it."

The carter III has no weak spots outside of that joint with t-pain and lollipop. its a complete hiphop album with concept tracks, lyricism, story telling and conscious tracks.
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Word. This Brownin dude needs to drive his way to a nearest cliff and then stomp on the gas.
indifferent.gif

It's cute that you used a line from Jay...who's known for dope lyrics. To defend someone who has a cute nursery rhyme schtick.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Em actually did damn good for himself considering he only had one single before the album leaked. And it leaked two weeks before release date. And it had something like the most downloads pre-release.

I'm not mad at these numbers because this is really a niche album that many won't like.

Will I retire my screen name? $#*# outta here.
I know he wouldn't only real men stand by their word.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

glasses.gif
BrOwNiN187 wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

Using a line from a real lyricist will not help your arguement....I'm on like TV or hot like the sun would have been a better try. Your boyWayne said both

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Em actually did damn good for himself considering he only had one single before the album leaked. And it leaked two weeks before release date. And it had something like the most downloads pre-release.

I'm not mad at these numbers because this is really a niche album that many won't like.

roll.gif
roll.gif
%!%@@%! pathetic, I tell you G...we got some real losers on this site.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

eye see soles wrote:

Em actually did damn good for himself considering he only had one single before the album leaked. And it leaked two weeks before release date. And it had
something like the most downloads pre-release.

roll.gif
roll.gif
%%+@**$ pathetic, I tell you G...we got some real losers on this site.
smh.gif

Real talk. I was hoping more of these lames would bet their accounts on his album sales so NT would be a better place afterwards
pimp.gif

and you dont believe the forum would be a better place if vinnie pazs name never cam up again? cuz i sure as hell think it would ...

Why would one of the greatest MC's of all time's name not get mentioned in a music forum ?
indifferent.gif

85% of the time its other dudes D-riding me that bring him up anyway.

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

indifferent.gif

Using a line from a real lyricist will not help your arguement....I'm on like TV or hot like the sun would have been a better try. Your boy Wayne said both

and eminem made "We Made You"...your point?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

Eminem > Wayne

grin.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Wayne > Eminem

Carter 3 >> Eminems whole discography

Eminem is a hasbeen and should put the mic down. word to Jay-Z