FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

We did it. Thank you to everyone that supported this thread, the facebook page and voted on my websites petition. Last but not least, thank you to Nike for listening to us. Hope everyone that wanted a pair got them, on to the petition's (Nike Command Force Pump and the Tech Challenge III re-retro correctly as well as the Tech Challenge IV). Check out the video below and keep supporting these threads
smile.gif

updated video enjoy
smile.gif

Last edited:
I can only imagine how badly they would butcher a retro of these...

love the SC II...

I've been waiting too long for nike to give these the retro treatment...

nice post.. another 6 months have passed since something similiar has been posted with no changes in sight.. Talk about a bad case of deja vu.

blco2, they'd pass them onto the SB team and butcher them like they did the "trainer 2 sb".

Ive heard so many excuses over the years. With the popularity of a yeezy shoe that features color accents in key places like the sockliner and a plain upper,these trainers have some of the same components that many for years were saying wouldnt sell a shoe. Then again, the very fact the yeezys have that"hype" factor may be the sole reason they are being sold and not so much how the shoe is designed... bad example
laugh.gif

Now for a flurry of pics and a hope that someone at nike is reading this
e65350584a5c6210c7b7c55bbded80b6cb30438.jpg

vint_trainersc_whtgryblk01.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk02.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk03.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk04.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk05.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk06.jpg

fdd35178efca6d32e9227bcf298dabbe9f043e0.pjpg

Stop fronting and acting like you care about trainers, like the hype fest trainer summit two weeks back. I understand business is business, but some of thatsheep fed stuff to media members is straight lies to those just slightly in the know

NOW

SHOW IT WITH A DECENT RUN OF RETROS. SHOW IT WHERE IT MATTERS MOST.

/rant

Quality shoe. But a retro of these would not sell well outside of the few hundred 25 & older "nostalgic" trainer sc fans around the globe (countme amongst these, lol). There just is not a REAL demand for this shoe.

Some things are better left alone.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

But a retro of these would not sell well outside of the few hundred 25 & older "nostalgic" trainer sc fans around the globe (count me amongst these, lol). There just is not a REAL demand for this shoe.

Was a REAL demand for yeezys 2 years ago? For retro Jordans in 1994? For Griffeys? For Tech Challenge Hybrids? For Jordan Flypsides? For TrainerIIIs? For Trainer II SBs?....

Please tell us all wich ones have/will have demand?

We all know hype is st*pid, but we're not talking about a hype shoe, the OP talks about a great shoe. A part of Nike's history!
Please look for Air trainer 1 debut thread from WallyHopp to learn something about Cross training history, please...

2w32hp2.jpg

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

nice post.. another 6 months have passed since something similiar has been posted with no changes in sight.. Talk about a bad case of deja vu.

blco2, they'd pass them onto the SB team and butcher them like they did the "trainer 2 sb".

Ive heard so many excuses over the years. With the popularity of a yeezy shoe that features color accents in key places like the sockliner and a plain upper, these trainers have some of the same components that many for years were saying wouldnt sell a shoe. Then again, the very fact the yeezys have that "hype" factor may be the sole reason they are being sold and not so much how the shoe is designed... bad example
laugh.gif

Now for a flurry of pics and a hope that someone at nike is reading this
e65350584a5c6210c7b7c55bbded80b6cb30438.jpg

vint_trainersc_whtgryblk01.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk02.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk03.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk04.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk05.jpg
vint_trainersc_whtgryblk06.jpg

fdd35178efca6d32e9227bcf298dabbe9f043e0.pjpg

Stop fronting and acting like you care about trainers, like the hype fest trainer summit two weeks back. I understand business is business, but some of that sheep fed stuff to media members is straight lies to those just slightly in the know

NOW

SHOW IT WITH A DECENT RUN OF RETROS. SHOW IT WHERE IT MATTERS MOST.

/rant

fire the og's with the nike hag tag i'll rock them with the tag

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

But a retro of these would not sell well outside of the few hundred 25 & older "nostalgic" trainer sc fans around the globe (count me amongst these, lol). There just is not a REAL demand for this shoe.

Was a REAL demand for yeezys 2 years ago? For retro Jordans in 1994? For Griffeys? For Tech Challenge Hybrids? For Jordan Flypsides? For Trainer IIIs? For Trainer II SBs?....

Please tell us all wich ones have/will have demand?

We all know hype is st*pid, but we're not talking about a hype shoe, the OP talks about a great shoe. A part of Nike's history!
Please look for Air trainer 1 debut thread from WallyHopp to learn something about Cross training history, please...

Yes, I have absolutely no product knowledge or understanding of any iconic athletic Nike footwear.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by my post count

Pardon me.

And no one made a comment implying a lack of "hype" for this shoe. I was simply conveying that there is no real "buyer demand" for thisshoe amongst the general consumer, not the minority of knowledgeable Nike cross training enthusiasts that lurk around various sneaker forums.

There's more buyer awareness for the Air Carnivore than this shoe.

i do wish nike would retro these especially the red ones. they are just lovely. they are my favorite trainers.

I'm sorry the game, i have to disagree with you. There was not a huge demand for trainer 1's, for many many years. I still remember them on sale racksall over the place from 2000-2005. Also that shoe does not have the character that the trainer sc ii's have, the design on these is much more unique. Icould see these selling very very well, especially in the lava colorway.

Tre, I do agree that the 2's have more character than most if not all the cross trainers from that era. But I still believe a mass produced retro of thisshoe would not sell as well as many on here think.

Unfortunately in today's world of Nike sportswear/retro, hype and the perception of exclusivity are what drive buyer interest.

Look at the infrared air max 90. Iconic sneaker. More character than most. Outside of "sneakerheads" in the know the 2003 retro could be considered aflop. The 2005 re-release came along with the huge history of air promo and did well in major markets but could still be found on Footlocker sales racks monthsto a year after they released.

A new generation oblivious to the shoe caught on late, eBay auctions started hitting over $250 and it wasn't until the super limited 2008 retro (perceivedexclusiveness) that they undeniably sold well.

I just think there's too big of a generation gap (20 years right?) for the SC 2 to be a hit right out of the gates without some sort of marketing ploy.Sure ALL enthusiasts will eat them up straight out of the gate. But I would be surprised if these sold well at retail with the general public.

Back
Top Bottom