Financial Empowerment/Motivation Thread Vol. Let's Get It

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

it involves more than simply "hard work"

THIS
feels bad for those people who are quick to rub in your face that  they're in college... they believe a stable future awaits. 
laugh.gif

as 2011....85% of college graduates are unemployed, who am i to kill their dream tho?
it doesn't matter because the fact still remains the same people with a college degrees will make way more than people without one 
yes .... of course you need more than a degree to become successful but its way easier to become successful with a degree then without one 
Not anymore.
That was true for the baby boomers but you have to be more specific today.

You have to take into account degree and tuition. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

THIS
feels bad for those people who are quick to rub in your face that  they're in college... they believe a stable future awaits. 
laugh.gif

as 2011....85% of college graduates are unemployed, who am i to kill their dream tho?
it doesn't matter because the fact still remains the same people with a college degrees will make way more than people without one 
yes .... of course you need more than a degree to become successful but its way easier to become successful with a degree then without one 
Not anymore.
That was true for the baby boomers but you have to be more specific today.

You have to take into account degree and tuition. 
I clearly stated in my post the same thing 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Well, knowledge of money and how it works is definitely a start. Two days ago my friend told me he started reading the book you mentioned and I told him I'll pick it up sometime this coming week. I believe a lot of people give up on the idea about becoming rich and I even see a lot of negative stuff written on NT such as "Most of us will never see that kind of money".. "A lot of us will never see a million liquid" etc.. I mean, speak for yourself. So far so good OP. I'm not going to be the one to tell you you can't hit 7 or 8 figures, #@*%.. if that's what you want, go after it. Many people will just say they want kind of money though, but simply won't do what's necessary to obtain it. 

This is what I came to say. Knowing the rules behind money and learning how to manage money are the absolute fundamentals to acquiring wealth.

The worst thing you can do is quit.

see...

this thread....

is what was needed...

every post has been super dope.

keep up the good work fambs.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

will be definitely looking up some of these books.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

You're asking a board of people who aren't rich, how to get rich?

Good job bro.
laugh.gif

I was going to try and come up with an answer, but !+@! if I knew then I would be rich myself.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Originally Posted by hella handsome

You're asking a board of people who aren't rich, how to get rich?

Good job bro.
laugh.gif

I was going to try and come up with an answer, but !+@! if I knew then I would be rich myself.
I'm saying 
laugh.gif

I look at like this,
I don't need to be birdman, or bill gates, or "stuntin".

I say do what you like, pay the bills, live modestly and comfortable and seek out the things in life that make it meaningful for you, and for me its not yachts, and rolexes, and BMW's. 

So if im not stackin' 7 figures or some exorbitant amount of money later in life then so be it.

but if I havent accomplished my extra-monetary goals, then thats the greater L. 

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

I know a guy worked and saved up 50,000; than opened a sandwich spot and now he's clocking $100,000 a year. Took him about 5 years but he's livid comfortable with a nice crib and BMW. Takes trips every 4 months. He worked his butt from 20 years old to 25 and now he's good. You gotta sacrifice and preserver.

jamestravel.gif

Financial Motivational thread in disguise?

My first step in my plan has already been accomplished, quit buying shoes! Feels good man

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

My first step in my plan has already been accomplished, quit buying shoes! Feels good man

You need a little bit of luck , and just get out there and make it happen . 
i think knowing the right people is what makes it happen.

Originally Posted by KidJoke

quoted again for emphasis.

i was able to cop a motorcycle since i stop buying shoes!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and an extra
pimp.gif
 to kidjoke for that avy...

covert coup = album of the year.

By Federal standards, a whole lot of us are "rich".

Depends on how you define it.

Luck and privilege cannot be emphasized enough.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by KidJoke

quoted again for emphasis.

i was able to cop a motorcycle since i stop buying shoes!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and an extra
pimp.gif
 to kidjoke for that avy...

covert coup = album of the year.

Saw pics of it in the motorcycle thread, looks good so far 
pimp.gif

For me, buying shoes was probably a $400-$600 a month habit.  Sold a ton of them and saved up $5k and got a bike for $2k, pocketed the rest 
pimp.gif

I never thought I'd grow out of them but one day I looked at a shelf full of shoes and thought "wt.f am I doing?" lol

In order to become a millionaire you must forget about "living like one".

Millionaires become millionaires by saving their money and not wasting it on depreciating assets like flashy material goods.

I sort of agree with this.

I'm really good at what I do - and am now one of the most senior people in my profession although I'm still fairly young - but I don't make a whole lot of money. I do okay - but I know people who aren't nearly as good as I am and who don't work hard who just make more money.

I think I'm doing something mechanically wrong but I don't know what it is.

laugh.gif

<---college educated 

but still 
laugh.gif
 @ the institutional thinking
What institutional thinking ? explain 
it's way easier to be successful with a degree than without? really?

i dropped out of college, yeah i have a degree but i know people with higher degrees that me and make 8 dollars and hour.
me i'm self-employed and my career has nothing to do with what i went to school for.

it's 2011 and mark zuckerberg dropped out one of the most prestigious ivy league schools in america and is worth 850 million.

there's divorced housewifes in realestate that gross 500K yearly with no college education...like dude said yeah it was needed for baby boomers
but not for us...y-gens and i-gens

laugh.gif

Small minded people annoy me. I'm looking through this thread and reading some of the responses and I'm hearing nothing but hate. But it's not even hate against US who are on our way to success, it's self-hate because they can't open their minds wide enough to fit a vision of their own success.

If I told you doubters where I was two years ago you might not believe me. If I told you how bad I had messed up my life, you might laugh at me, so I'll save it...

But my like minded brothers and sisters know THIS, you can change your habits and your focus to achieve your goals. Don't be afraid to work. Don't be afraid to face your past failures, pick them apart and learn from them. Find someone who came from nothing to become something and if you don't ask them anything, just go see how they're living. Go see that big house and the comforts they've earned and promise yourself that you can at the very least get to where they are. Why? Because you know exactly how they did it. But why stop there? Take it farther.

Go get exactly what you want out of life.

Back
Top Bottom