Financial Empowerment/Motivation Thread Vol. Let's Get It

There's a LOT to learn on the subject of wealth and prosperity but I'll sum it up with a short summary of it. One of my mentors is a multimillionaire and he tells me all the time it comes down to 3 steps really.
1.BE 2.DO 3.HAVE
Be meaning Become. You need to become greater than you are to achieve more than you have achieved
Do. Do the things you've learned when you were becoming. Do the things wealthy people do. They think different. Act different. Therefore having different results
Have. Have all the things wealthy people have. It's a result of what happens when you BE and DO

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

forget trying to be rich, just be comfortable and content, its this "OMG I HAVE TO GET RICH!!" mentality that is the problem with this country right now.

That's Broke Man's language.

i'm networking now so when i'm ready to open my own restaurant i wont fail. i know a lot of good people and beasts in the business. so i just ask their advice all the time and try to meet new people. when i'm ready to take the jump i'll have alot of people behind me to help.

Originally Posted by kickstart

forget trying to be rich, just be comfortable and content, its this "OMG I HAVE TO GET RICH!!" mentality that is the problem with this country right now.

God forbid someone enjoys their life and they make an average salary

Originally Posted by scshift

Can someone fill me in on the difference between rich and wealthy?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by polorico

You need a little bit of luck , and just get out there and make it happen . 
i think knowing the right people is what makes it happen.

this^^I read this local article about the most succesful business men in my area and reached out to the four i had something in common with (personal, education, philosophy, industry). All of them met with me and one set up an interview with me. Next week i will have to decide whether to leave my stable but not very lucrative govt job or go work with him and either make it big or fail. i have been praying about because it is a hard decision especially with a baby on the way.Anyway dont be afraid to reach out and ask for things. A former boss told me to always strive for a better job. i believe that eventually you get to the top.

Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

I'm starting to learn that it's all about who you know.

My mentor is one of the founders of Cranium and the advice he has been giving me and the connections he has are simply mind-blowing.

I stood on the deck of his house overlooking Lake Washington and the Cascade Mountains thinking, "what a life"

My point? Find someone who has what you want in life, or who has done it before and been successful at it so that they can guide you.

Nobody in my family ever started a business or is/was a millionaire, so how the hell am I supposed to know how to make a million dollars? But once you know someone who has it, it seems possible and you get over that mental barrier that holds back so many people.

This is good. This is what im trying to do. I have met and stayed in contact with people i want to be like. Even if i get a percent of what they have ill be set. The biggest asset you guys have is youth. The big shots will take you under their wings because you are not a threat and they like the fact you admire them. put yourself in The position to sucCeed and then run like your life depended on it. finally pray for wisdom and guidance

The problem is people are Focused on being rich and forget to enjoy the journey. You may end up rich but have wasted all your youth stressing over money. Enjoy your journey guys. Enjoy your failures and successes.

Originally Posted by pacers31

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Care to share the difference?
eyes.gif

I always thought rich meant self-made and wealthy usually meant passed down from inheritance. Also rich was just a monetary figure while wealthy was like an entire social class.

I'm not saying money is not important because it is very important but when you boil it down:

Being Happy > Being Rich

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

I always thought rich meant self-made and wealthy usually meant passed down from inheritance. Also rich was just a monetary figure while wealthy was like an entire social class.
I thought this also.

Originally Posted by CanIFly34

God forbid someone enjoys their life and they make an average salary
Problem? 
nerd.gif

Thread clearly asks how one gets rich, not how to be content with what one has now (most NT'ers aren't banking). How do you ever advance in life if you have no drive or desire for more? And when I say more, I'm not just limiting it to money. In no way, shape, or form am I knocking the average (wo)man, but you don't become rich without taking some risk. !%!@ out of my face. 

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:

The problem is people are Focused on being rich and forget to enjoy the journey. You may end up rich but have wasted all your youth stressing over money. Enjoy your journey guys. Enjoy your failures and successes.

@ AJ: This goes both ways. Someone earlier stated you should do something with your passion. So if you take that side of the journey it's a win-win. 
pimp.gif

**Edit

For those commenting after. 
Happiness trumps Money but money makes it easier to be happy. Tell me I'm lying!? 
laugh.gif

Being wealthy and being rich are two different things. Wealth is being rich through ownership of assets, they don't depend a job to make money, they make money through their assets, while being just rich is a person lets say for example a doctor or lawyer who makes a lot of money, but only have that money due to their job but that only one source of money so if you take that stream of income from a rich person they easily can become poor.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

i thought you were referring to this when you said that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Spoiler [+]
God you guys don't even have the slightest clue, most of you have to face the reality that wealth isn't for everyone, secondly most of you wouldn't make the SACRIFICES that have to
be made to be even a millionaire. We are talking about complete and utter dedication to a craft that you are passionate about and know the ends and outs of. No chasng women,
hanging with friends,family and playing NBA 2k whatever everyday for hours. Just you God, ambition, knowing and a "true" never say die attitude. Most of you are ready to jump off a
building if a girl breaks your heart. Don't let a business plan, or project you have been working on night and day for months or years be turned down several times!!!!Material wealth
from nothing is a literal sacrifice of life which is time and is irreplaceable. Are you willing to sacrifice your life for just money or something you really believe in? Passion always trumps
money and the only really successful people are passionate about their work. Dedicate yourself to a craft and stay completely in tune with what is going on around you beyond the 5
senses. Also turn your talents into something marketable and have a business plan. Hard work is not an automatic in, and frankly the perceived "luck" is actually knowing when the
right time is to strike. You create your reality whether or not you believe that. Being rich and driving big fancy cars isn't as incredible as it's marketed to you. I get a lot of +$%* from
most of you but one thing I swear at the feet of God is that I know a lot of filthy rich people, hell some of them you guys know because they are famous. I know them personally and
I promise you most of them in some way are social pariahs. There are world famous celebrities I know that YOU have more fun then socially. Where you lose is that these dudes love
what they do so much that it's obsessive.Cats in the studio literally for 15 16 hours a day getting like 30 hours of sleep a week. Dudes flying all over the globe sleeping on planes
just to get investors for businesses. Most people don't even know that the main reason dudes always rock sun glasses during interviews is because they have monster bags under
their eyes and they look like +$%*. Really it's on you with how far you are willing to take it, that college degree is a workers permit it's not a proof to ownership or as we say, "proof
you can own some +$%*." +$%* it's 3 a.m. and I'm working right now! Speaking of which............

Thanks for sharing that man, I feel you on that
pimp.gif

i respect puffy but its easy to talk on how to make it when u already made it aha big put puff on the map thats never been argued puff is talented though

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

In order to become a millionaire you must forget about "living like one".

Millionaires become millionaires by saving their money and not wasting it on depreciating assets like flashy material goods.

I sorta disagree because if that was the case how would luxury brands and other things most of us can't afford in abundance be in business? I know millionaires and trust me all of them aren't living cheap like they Warren Buffet or somebody like that. What ever your financials are if you keep it within reason I feel you'll be okay. Alot of folks mess up trying to "live like millionaires" so I agree with that part. Edit: see wawa typed basically the same thing before me
Are you sure they're actually millionaires?  I can't even count the people I have talked to that make six figures and are completely broke.  From their lifestyle you would swear they are doing extremely well, but once you look at their balance sheet you know they blow everything they make just to keep up with the Joneses.  If you want a real world example, look at most of the "Housewife" shows.  Most of the people on them have either foreclosed on their home or filed Bankruptcy.

In 2006, I had a stat quoted to me that blew my mind.  60% of people with a luxury car (most people around here) can't even afford the basic maintenance on it.

A lot of people fake it until they make it.

I think the point is that if you want to be a millionaire, you can buy flashy, material items, but you have to stay within your means, and those means might even be lower than the average person.

Too many people take out stupid loans on expensive cars, live paycheck to paycheck to finance a nice home and eat away at their savings buying the nicest clothes.

If you strive for materials and money alone you'll have a much harder time making huge money. Those who are that rich, they might like these material goods but they don't let it run their lives like so many middle-class Americans do. They don't let these tangible items mess up their focus and force dumb decisions like borrowing money. Some people try too hard to portray someone they are not.

Back
Top Bottom