Financial Empowerment/Motivation Thread Vol. Let's Get It

I refuse to believe that it is as hard as society makes it seem to become rich or wealthy. I believe its the simple of task of LEARNING and truly UNDERSTANDING money, how it is made, uses, etc. We should all know a thing or two about money making and management, so if you do please share.Whether you have $1 or $1 billion, No such  thing as a bad idea or thought, you don't have to agree with everything to take something from it. What tools do you use to take control of your finances?

I read a book called "The Richest Man in Babylon" and I highly recommend it for anyone to read to get a better understanding on money and its management. It even helps you with ways on managing and getting out of debt. Ideas i took from the book were and a few of my own are:

-Establish a base (money that you DO NOT touch)
-Saving at least 10% of every piece of money i make.
- Don't trust everybody with your money, even "experts"
-NEVER go broke! NEVER spend your last!
-DO NOT let your woman know how much money you have (whole different ballgame)
-When bored, instead of going out and doing something and spending, count YOUR money. (Its been many times I went to the bank/atm and took out $1000 in 20s, went home and just counted it
laugh.gif
, you wouldn't believe how "un-bored" i became.)
-Motivate yourself!   www.mycomeup.com is a great site that offers motivational videos and quotes by the PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE MONEY!
-Ask Questions (You don't know how much some people will be willing to share with you if you ask them)

I don't know about yall but im sick of seeing dudes on MTV cribs with gas stations at their houses as well as movie theatres and elevators, Birdman posting a new video of him stunting every week...I want in and I know im not the only one...Lets get it, nothing to it but to do it.

Theres a difference between something working conceptually and practically.  

Well, knowledge of money and how it works is definitely a start. Two days ago my friend told me he started reading the book you mentioned and I told him I'll pick it up sometime this coming week. I believe a lot of people give up on the idea about becoming rich and I even see a lot of negative stuff written on NT such as "Most of us will never see that kind of money".. "A lot of us will never see a million liquid" etc.. I mean, speak for yourself. So far so good OP. I'm not going to be the one to tell you you can't hit 7 or 8 figures, %+@$.. if that's what you want, go after it. Many people will just say they want kind of money though, but simply won't do what's necessary to obtain it. 

lol

What would you define as rich?
Top 10%? Top 1%? Top .01%?
If you want a low to mid 6 fig salary then the formula is pretty clear.

You want multi millions or more per year? Then it involves work, timing, and luck. 

The key to becoming rich? *scratches chin*
Spoiler [+]
1.Find Rich women
2.WIO
3.swag away gracefully 

easy question. exploiting others and profiting off of other people's labor. next question.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Well, knowledge of money and how it works is definitely a start. Two days ago my friend told me he started reading the book you mentioned and I told him I'll pick it up sometime this coming week. I believe a lot of people give up on the idea about becoming rich and I even see a lot of negative stuff written on NT such as "Most of us will never see that kind of money".. "A lot of us will never see a million liquid" etc.. I mean, speak for yourself. So far so good OP. I'm not going to be the one to tell you you can't hit 7 or 8 figures, %+@$.. if that's what you want, go after it. Many people will just say they want kind of money though, but simply won't do what's necessary to obtain it. 

Odds are you won't see it. It's just a fact. 99% aren't in the top 1%. That's just the way it is. 
That doesn't mean you can't make it. It just means, it involves more than simply "hard work". Surely, more than 1% of the population works hard. 

Originally Posted by AEA18
Those are a few ways definitely, but there are a million ways to get money. Please dont think otherwise...$!+% the fame yall can keep that, I only want the money.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Odds are you won't see it. It's just a fact. 99% aren't in the top 1%. That's just the way it is. 
That doesn't mean you can't make it. It just means, it involves more than simply "hard work". Surely, more than 1% of the population works hard. 
Get that book son, you won't be disappointed.

And you're damn right, it take alot more than hard work. I don't believe luck has much to do with it unless you're playing the lottery. It takes hard work, knowledge, and most importantly DISCIPLINE, which not many people have.

That doesn't mean you can't make it. It just means, it involves more than simply "hard work". Surely, more than 1% of the population works hard. 
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Personally, I can never look myself in the mirror and say "I'll never make it, that's just the way it is".. That's not the mindset I have.

--Do what everyone else says you can't do with a chip on your shoulder.
--Spend other people's money. No credit.
--Accept handouts, grants, assistance and other free %$@! . Why the hell not?
--Play dumb, make smart moves.
--Be the silent king while recognizing your pawns.
--Delegate responsibilities.
--Stay focused on YOUR goals.
--Play focused on THEIR goals.
--Shower them with praise, shower yourself with pay. (see Dwight Schrute getting a plaque in lieu of a raise.)

Agreed. I don't care how many other people won't make it in life, I know full well I'm going to make it.

It's not about working hard though, although that is a key ingredient you have to have some kind of a plan. Just working hard and putting away money into the bank... even if you have a job that pays you $100,000, it'll take you at least 20 years to accumulate 1 million dollars, and that's if you don't spend any of it.

My main idea is that if you want to be different, you have to do something different. Don't get a normal job and think that you're going to become rich just because it pays well. Yes, you'll be rich, but you won't have that kind of money, which if you know what I mean, you'll understand. You need to take a chance on something and make smart decisions. No risk, no reward. Becoming stupid rich is never the safe path... and most people are afraid to take risks, so they stay "average".

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Get that book son, you won't be disappointed.

And you're damn right, it take alot more than hard work. I don't believe luck has much to do with it unless you're playing the lottery. It takes hard work, knowledge, and most importantly DISCIPLINE, which not many people have.

You need positive variance (aka luck) though. No matter how small. 
Variance plays a major role in life. 

I know a guy worked and saved up 50,000; than opened a sandwich spot and now he's clocking $100,000 a year. Took him about 5 years but he's livid comfortable with a nice crib and BMW. Takes trips every 4 months. He worked his butt from 20 years old to 25 and now he's good. You gotta sacrifice and preserver.

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

it involves more than simply "hard work"

THIS
feels bad for those people who are quick to rub in your face that  they're in college... they believe a stable future awaits. 
laugh.gif

as 2011....85% of college graduates are unemployed, who am i to kill their dream tho?
it doesn't matter because the fact still remains the same people with a college degrees will make way more than people without one 
yes .... of course you need more than a degree to become successful but its way easier to become successful with a degree then without one 

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

--Do what everyone else says you can't do with a chip on your shoulder.
--Spend other people's money. No credit.
--Accept handouts, grants, assistance and other free %$@! . Why the hell not?
--Play dumb, make smart moves.
--Be the silent king while recognizing your pawns.
--Delegate responsibilities.
--Stay focused on YOUR goals.
--Play focused on THEIR goals.
--Shower them with praise, shower yourself with pay. (see Dwight Schrute getting a plaque in lieu of a raise.)
48 laws of power in a nutshell

What would you define as rich?
Top 10%? Top 1%? Top .01%?
If you want a low to mid 6 fig salary then the formula is pretty clear.

You want multi millions or more per year? Then it involves work, timing, and luck. 
?

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

THIS
feels bad for those people who are quick to rub in your face that  they're in college... they believe a stable future awaits. 
laugh.gif

as 2011....85% of college graduates are unemployed, who am i to kill their dream tho?
it doesn't matter because the fact still remains the same people with a college degrees will make way more than people without one 

yes .... of course you need more than a degree to become successful but its way easier to become successful with a degree then without one 
laugh.gif

<---college educated 

but still 
laugh.gif
 @ the institutional thinking
What institutional thinking ? explain 

Back
Top Bottom