fire red project " tutorial added 3/13/09 page 4" black cement project added!!! 6th page!!!

Joined Feb 28, 2010
whats up NT'rs well hope i didnt post this in the wrong place as u know im new to NT but i would like to share some pictures with all of u on how i restored my fire reds ive keept these in the back of my closet for years now they were my first pair of js but after a while they jsut turned yellow and the paint cracked and well i didnt know what i know now but for some reason i never thru them out well enough of my chit chat here are the new and improved fire reds enjoy and would love all kind of feedback negative or postitve keep in mind this is my first but not last restoration

and thats the finished pair if u have any questions on how to get this done let me know ill try to help as much as possible thanks for looking and would like feed back

Joined Apr 28, 2008
cool. umm there's a sneaker maintanace post and well i can't remember the name of the other thread. i would've tried to make them into the Katrina Auction III's but this is a good job.

Joined Feb 28, 2010
keep in mind that a few of these pics are from one finished and one original so u can see the difference but i think i got the lines as krispy as possible but the last two pics are the finished product if u want more pics im more than willing to take some and post more

Joined Feb 28, 2010
Originally Posted by imazing1201

NICE. There is hope for my 3s in the future.

bro this might sound hella cheeezy but  if u know what to use how to use it u can make your beaters into neck breakers again but its a must to have patients   cuz this takes a while to do right

Joined Feb 28, 2010
thank you all for your comments wait until u see what i did to some fire red vs lol i got the shoes for "dirt" cheap hahaha get it...yeah yeah stupid i know but they came out super clean
afer

Joined Feb 28, 2010
now those took some time to clean bar keepers friend three tooth brushes leather cleaner/ whitener and a tone of elbow grease!!!!!! just need to sea glow a bit to get it as icy as possible "waiting for shippment to arive" ill take pics before and after pics

Joined Feb 28, 2010
Originally Posted by freshjays

damn man u brought those Vs back to life....nicely done...mad props

tell me about bro i had little hope for those but once i got most of the dirt and mud off i saw alot of life still left so i kept at it...the hardest part was the webbings!! but i got it done ......but be carefull with the bar keepers it can ruin some of the paint if u rub tooooo hard so i just used a small baby tooth brush and didnt put too much presure and i used this stuff that i found that whittend the leather right up

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Could you please let us know how did you removed the paint ? Did you use any particular paint remover?
What paint is the new paint ?

Joined Dec 2, 2008
Why don't the Vs in the Before pic have lace locks but they do in the second?

Joined Jul 18, 2009
Very nice job indeed. What kit (paint) did you buy and where? Details please.. PAint remover used? etc.. etc.

Joined Mar 19, 2009
Originally Posted by Matt53

Why don't the Vs in the Before pic have lace locks but they do in the second?
he probably took em off another pair of 5s

dmoney82

Banned
Joined Dec 19, 2008
Man the Fire Red's only been out a few years and your yellowing already? I swear on everything I love you just made me remember I had these. I'm bout to go look for em now. Haven't wore em 08'. God damn I loved this shoe. $*% I just remembered the Aqua 8 retros too!!!! Thnx for this thread!!! 

Top Bottom