Fire Sam Mitchell... December 3rd, fired (pg 4)

roll.gif

I've been seeing you having "Fire Sam" in your sig since he became coach.

Nah, just changed it twenty minutes ago...

Anyway, Sam is just... there isnt a word for it. The team doesnt play defense, in any aspect. During post game press conferences, after we get dominated on theperimeter, he explains how the opponent just made shots...

Well, its 100-65 right now, and Denver isnt just making shots. They are obliterating our interior, and our guards on the defensive end are just as bad. Oh,this is just in the third quarter too...

At any rate, he has no method with this defense at all. As well, X and O's he makes Isiah look like a genious with his time in New York. He is terrible outof time outs; seriously, after every time out, the team ends up putting up a bad shot.

Tonight, Denver is just dunking on us at will. All Sam is doing is... well what hes done over the past year. Just stood there, and yell at individual players,rather than calling a timeout early to get the team on the right track.

Ive had enough of this man. I wont be satisfied as a fan until he is no longer a part of this organization.

Yup i think his time is up here in toronto. maybe he ll get canned when we get back from this West coast trip. I think we should go after avery.

tonight is an embarrassment. its utter humiliation, this is taking a slap to the face. i feel the sting, theres nothing anyone can say about our performance inthe last couple games.

welcome to the fire smitch sig club, shouldve been the case since last year

Not only that, but the fact he is terrible at managing personnel. With Andrea, Sam is entirely to blame. First season he plays him at the five. Then last yearhe plays him at the three. Then this year, he just throws him in there. He doesnt run any plays for Andrea, and by being all over the place, has not helped hisdevelopment in any way.

We have the best shooter in the league, and he plays 10 minutes a game, if that. There is no setup to his offense. Its just five guys running around, running apick and roll once and a while.

His lineups are beyond horrendous. At times there will be four guards on the floor with Bosh, or four forwards on the floor with Calderon. Its pathetic.

His COY award was not deserved; that should have gone right to BC, as he brought in 10 new players from the previous year.

We have Joey beasting the past three games, and he gets about 15-20 minutes burn per... When he is playing as our second best player right now.

I've been saying this since the season before Colangelo took over. The year Mike James, MoPete and Chris Bosh were the leaders of this team. Although welacked talent, you could see signs of a poorly coached team all over the place. The man put Jose Calderon and Matt Bonner on Kobe %@+@*+ Bryant for god'ssake
tired.gif

Even the year Mitchell won COTY I was hoping Colangelo would not offer him a new contract. Who cares if he won 47 games that season, he isn't intelligentenough to get us where we want to go...aka win 1-2 playoff series'.

He is beyond the worst coach in NBA history, not one coach is worse than this man.

Raptor fans got enamored with Mitchell's COTY award. COTY is meaningless...how's this for an interesting tidbit: Sam Mitchell has a COTY award butJerry Sloan does not.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

how's this for an interesting tidbit: Sam Mitchell has a COTY award but Jerry Sloan does not.
sick.gif
injustice
tired.gif
stern needs to call a press conference n stripsmitch of his coty

Very inexperienced when the game is on the line, that's all I can chip in for this thread.

Raptors lack EXECUTION in game ending situations. I can read some of the plays they're trying to do but there's wayyyy too many mistakes sometimes,offensively and defensively. For offense it's the poor shot selection for sure.

Whether he deserves to be fired or not, I'll leave it up to Colangelo. He makes all the calls now and I don't think Sam's got a say to anything hedoes.

no idea how this guy is still coaching the raps...why dont they pick up Eddie Jordan?!

Originally Posted by Rocky437

no idea how this guy is still coaching the raps...why dont they pick up Eddie Jordan?!
Replace a terrible defensive coach with another terrible defensive coach.

No way that would be the right decision.

Avery is the best option right now. He at least puts an effort into getting his team to play D. Only in his last situation, the players ran him out of town
laugh.gif

I wouldnt blame him either. In all seriousness, what does he have to stay for?

I would hate to see it, but its going to happen.

I can't wait for Mitchell's excuses...

"They were just able to execute on offense and their guys made their shats"

"Our guys couldn't make their shats"

"Guys just missed shats which allowed Denver to take advantage and take more shats"

Oh yeah, the Jazz have beat us 7 times in a row. That ain't changing on Friday.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I can't wait for Mitchell's excuses...

"They were just able to execute on offense and their guys made their shats"

"Our guys couldn't make their shats"

"Guys just missed shats which allowed Denver to take advantage and take more shats"

Oh yeah, the Jazz have beat us 7 times in a row. That ain't changing on Friday.

I hate to agree with you, but you pretty much nailed it word for word.

i would love to see hubie brown as the coach of the raps. seeing what he did to the grizzlies a couple years ago was amazing. dude is up there in age though,but i would rather see him coaching the raps in a wheel chair and an oxygen tank than smitch..

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i would love to see hubie brown as the coach of the raps. seeing what he did to the grizzlies a couple years ago was amazing. dude is up there in age though, but i would rather see him coaching the raps in a wheel chair and an oxygen tank than smitch..

I agree. Hubie would also be a good choice. Realistically though, Avery is the only outside hire. If were going by our assistants, Jay Triano or Alex Englishcould also help the team. However, the best would be an outside hire, being Avery or Hubie.

I would love JVG, but it wont fit what BC is trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom