Fire Sam Mitchell... December 3rd, fired (pg 4)

PREACH. (even though I said all that !$!% long ago LOL)

Hindsight is 20/20...looking back BS's decisions and saying we should have gotten a swing man is futile because at the time all we could see was DwightHoward getting 20 rebounds beating down on Bosh.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

PREACH. (even though I said all that !$!% long ago LOL)

Hindsight is 20/20...looking back BS's decisions and saying we should have gotten a swing man is futile because at the time all we could see was Dwight Howard getting 20 rebounds beating down on Bosh.
Yeah, you did say that a while ago. But two weeks ago, we were actually in games, rather then getting blown out.

It doesnt help that our record is 14-122 on the west coast since being introduced to the league, but the players arent even trying.

Worst part is, that this isnt even being talked about in the media. Its just "another day". Fire this bum already.

nba.com recap:
"We're going to address it as a team tomorrow. It's embarrassing not only for us but for those who support the Toronto Raptors, the organization, the city and the country,'' O'Neal said. "That should never happen. This is a business. We get paid a heck of a lot of money to play a certain way and if we think we can turn it on and off like that then we are fooling ourselves.''

That's the fire in the belly Raptors coach Sam Mitchell wanted to see and hear.
"For me now it's not a time to be screaming and yelling,'' Mitchell said. "It's a time to be trying to teach and reassure people. At a certain point, when you play, you've got to almost want to fight each other after a game like this. You've got to be demanding of each other'

http://www.thestar.com/sp...s/article/547522#Comments
DENVER-Sam Mitchell was down and almost on the verge of despondent as he stood in the hallway of the Pepsi Center trying to explain what had just transpired.

The words came with difficulty and with emotion as he tried to make sense of the worst performance of this season and one of the worst in years under his guidance.

He had just watched the Raptors absolutely mail in a performance against the Denver Nuggets, a complete and utter capitulation marked by a lack of competitiveness seldom seen.

It wasn't just that they lost 132-93 - the fifth-biggest margin of defeat in franchise history - but how they had lost that irked him and the players. From the first minute of the first quarter, it was if they couldn't be bothered to compete and that's what was so galling.

"We have to get our heads out of our butts and go play," said the coach.

Mitchell was speaking but he was echoing sentiments that had surfaced in a players-only session immediately following the game. The coaches gave the room over to the players, who aired out some of their grievances.

"As professionals, we should be ashamed of ourselves," said Jermaine O'Neal, the veteran centre who returned after a three-game absence.

Embarrassment and shame should be the prevalent emotions. Toronto allowed the Nuggets to take a 33-19 lead after one quarter, extend it to 64-45 at halftime and cruise home from there.

The whole night is cause for soul-searching, according to O'Neal.

"We've got to really sit down as players," said O'Neal. "We have to go back to the hotel and figure out exactly what we want to do as a team, come to a conclusion of what they think, what I think, what all 13 guys on the roster think and address it as a team.

"The game was what it was - it was embarrassing and it was embarrassing not only for us but for people who represent the Toronto Raptor organization, the city, the country."

O'Neal played only 19 minutes, with 12 points and two rebounds, as he got much of the second half off when the game was far out of reach. The Nuggets got the lead up over 30 with more than three minutes left in the third quarter and it was a meaningless display the rest of the way.

It's not as if the first half was anything for Toronto to get excited about. The Raptors began the night shooting - and often missing - long jump shots and showed no desire to compete on the defensive end, either.

They were slow rotating to shooters, got lost in transition and left wide-open lanes to the basket that the Nuggets exploited with stunning ease.

Chauncey Billups hit four three-pointers in a 21-point first half as he led the Nuggets with 24 points while Carmelo Anthony had 23. Both got much of the meaningless fourth quarter off.

The Raptors got nothing special from anyone. Chris Bosh was far too content to stay on the perimeter and shoot jumpers early in the game, although he did finish with 24 points, 12 rebounds and 10 trips to the free-throw line.

But Andrea Bargnani was unable exploit a height advantage over Anthony and had just nine points and Jose Calderon, also with nine points, never got on track.

"Just extremely disappointed with the way we came out and played," said Mitchell. "Words just can't describe the way you feel."

FIRE THIS BUM!

im just on my lunch break at work and i cant even go for an hour without realizing im still frustrated about the raptors. funny how much sports becomes part ofyour life.. i had a 15" pipe wrench in my hand and all i wanted was to see smitch walk around the corner. "i deserve to be here"... right justafter you got blown the eff out in back to back games .. and the beatings the celtics have laid in the 2 games this season.

any decently coached team will be banking in HUGE on all the kickouts to the perimeter you can get from JO and Bosh getting the double team but not the raps.we have some of the best shooters in kapono, jose and parker but how often do they get the ball when theyre wide open? im not saying it isnt up to the playersto get open and be available but atleast draw up all these potential plays so you can execute then in game situations. lack of execution is a huge sign of abadly coached team.

keep sam!!...so bosh can leave and pack his bags and play with his olympic teammate in LA
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

"i deserve to be here"... right just after you got blown the eff out in back to back games ..

Exactly what I'm thinking.

bosh can leave and pack his bags and play with his olympic teammate in LA

Its New York or LA for Bosh. I fully expect those two teams for big market reasons, or Dallas/Houston to be home. It will be one of those four teams.

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i would love to see hubie brown as the coach of the raps. seeing what he did to the grizzlies a couple years ago was amazing. dude is up there in age though, but i would rather see him coaching the raps in a wheel chair and an oxygen tank than smitch..

laugh.gif

No doubt Hubie would work wonders with the talent in T.O.

But yeah, I'm disappointed that the Raps are not living up to their talent level. Not b/c I like that franchise, but simply b/c it makes for moreentertaining basketball throughout the L when more teams are good than bad.

Calderon (who has like a 5-1 a/to ratio), Kapono (lights out shooter), Bosh (stud low-post presence), Parker/Moon (athletic/jack-of-all-trades type players),Bargnani (inside/outside skillset).... I mean, that's a solid team. On paper at least.

I wonder what or who could be the problem there.....

capt.e107e67341c848458905dfec74a55120.nba_celtics_raptors_basketball__cfwy107.jpg

Glad us Raps fans arent the only one seeing this.
And Shuges, thats exactly the reason why were all frustrated.

FIRE SAM!

[h1]Raptors fire Mitchell[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 33 minutes ago

• Buzz up!
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

The Toronto Raptors fired coach Sam Mitchell on Wednesday, one day after a 39-point loss to the Denver Nuggets left the team with a losing record, an NBA source said.

One source close to the team said the Raptors' players were informed of Mitchell's dismissal on Wednesday afternoon. Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo named Jay Triano as the interim coach.

Raptor fans got their wish. Warrior fans are still waiting.
ohwell.gif

THERE IS A GOD!

Btw, nice to see you Bullsrepeat! Where you been! havent seen you in a quick minute

SAM IS GONE
pimp.gif

So I guess that "fire coaches sig" won't include Raptor fans anymore?
frown.gif

*edit*
Damn, and after all the time I spent making this avy for Apollo... he only got to use it for half of a day.
laugh.gif

5mxnpu.jpg

What I had in the season thread:

I want to say this.

Sam, thank you for your effort over the past number of years as head coach of my favorite organization. You helped our franchise get to a point where we went from the cellar to playoffs; something that hadn't been done in years. That, I am thankful for.

I appreciate his effort over the number of years, but it was due.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

So I guess that "fire coaches sig" won't include Raptor fans anymore?
frown.gif

*edit*
Damn, and after all the time I spent making this avy for Apollo... he only got to use it for half of a day.
laugh.gif

5mxnpu.jpg

Yuku delay FTL.
Funny, I posted on his profile, assuming you made it too
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom