Firearm Stolen By Movers: Advice needed

evening nt,

relocated this past weekend and hired local movers. everything went smooth and relaxed at the new spot that evening. returned to the old spot the next day to get my kicks and clothes and noticed my firearm case is missing in the closet. i had 3 family members helping and no one touched it, so i put 2 and 2 together...the movers took my ish. immediately called 12 to report it stolen and file a report. reached out to speak to the owner and he was unavailable, so the rep sends me a claim form and follows up that the movers had no knowledge...classic. i'm livid. the owner still hasnt gotten back to me so its clearly not of importance. any advice on next steps? thx

Yep if you can't prove they actually took it they can just keep denying any knowledge of even seeing the gun. Unfortunately it's your word against theirs and you likely don't have a case. Street justice would be your best bet (not srs!).

I know it's hindsight now but why did you have it out for movers to potentially steal??

Yep if you can't prove they actually took it they can just keep denying any knowledge of even seeing the gun. Unfortunately it's your word against theirs and you likely don't have a case. Street justice would be your best bet (not srs!).

I know it's hindsight now but why did you have it out for movers to potentially steal??
it was in the closet. not out in the open

whenever I order movers I literally watch them like a hawk the entire time. and I never get movers for more than 2 hours. all I need them for usually is to lift the heavy stuff, all my little things/valuables I usually pack and move by myself.

whenever I order movers I literally watch them like a hawk the entire time. and I never get movers for more than 2 hours. all I need them for usually is to lift the heavy stuff, all my little things/valuables I usually pack and move by myself.

right. i hired for heavy things only. i handled the smaller items

Only thing I can think of is filing an insurance claim or bbb claim other than that good luck. Definitely should’ve moved that on your own though.

Was thinking of hiring movers once I move out again (I’m on the 2nd floor).

Sucks to hear man. Hope it gets worked out or your stuff comes up.

You'd be surprised what a bad Google review can do. I would blast them on every social avenue available. Use any names you can remember, descriptions, dates, etc.

I had a restaurant owner reach out to me over a 1 star review. Comped meal, 30% off on return visits, free appetizers. It works cause now I go almost twice a month.

You'd be surprised what a bad Google review can do. I would blast them on every social avenue available. Use any names you can remember, descriptions, dates, etc.

I had a restaurant owner reach out to me over a 1 star review. Comped meal, 30% off on return visits, free appetizers. It works cause now I go almost twice a month.

nice. you came out on top. someone suggested the same. ive never given a review before, but just might

Back
Top Bottom