Fireoworks at Gasworks?? Aug 11th

Did anyone catch the fireworks tonight????

what special occasion was it tonight? fireworks lasted about a damn near 20 mins. was there an event?

Private party. Read the Seattle Times about it. They've had a couple stories about how the neighborhood was fighting against the party for the last week. They had the proper permits and everything, the Wallingford/Fremont folks think they rule the universe when it comes to that area.
Keep the Sonics in Seattle​
Ray / & KEVIN/ & Rashard / & Chris / & Luke / & Earl / & Damien / & Nick / & Johan

I work for a company who provided the rental equipment for the setup of that party and have been back and forth all week because of that party, Last count they had over $30k in equipment on site including 2 Toyota 5k forklifts, a genie high reach forklift and a Gradall off road high reach forklift, 3 26' scissor lifts, a 32' scissor, and 3 40' boom lifts. They built a stage and a big dance floor/seating area and the pyrotechnics were provided by a company out of California. All this for a birthday party, There was also some word that guests were shuttled in from elsewhere on chartered buses. One of the guys told me they recently did a party for a kid at the showbox. Kids name was Max and so they redid the Showbox to have it say Club Max. I was also told that there would be some musical entertainment but that it wouldn't be anyone I would know.

So maybe out fair city will appear on an upcoming episode of My Sweet Sixteen.

Team Pacific Northwest​

From Seattle Times:

It can now be told secondhand at least: The man behind the big bash at Gas Works Park Saturday night was big-time Seattle businessman Stuart Sloan. That's according to the fellow who runs the concession stand at the park. George Wood said he'd been given Sloan's name by Gary Tucker, spokesman for The Workshop, which staged the event. Tucker did not return calls today.

Wood said the party was celebration of Sloan's wedding and that partygoers arrived via Ride the Ducks tourist boats.

Sloan has been a longtime newsmaker in Seattle with interests that have ranged from the QFC grocery chain to Seattle's University Village shopping center to high-tech companies. He was also the man behind an eight-year program of $1 million-a-year gifts to the Central Area's T.T. Minor Elementary School.

Last week, some neighbors in Wallingford were grumbling that a private party could take over part of Gas Works Park, but others were just curious to know who was behind what looked to be a pretty pricey event.

Several large, white tents resembling the shells of the Sydney Opera House went up last week, followed by lighting and sound equipment. Performers could be heard rehearsing in preparation for the main event.

Even people who live beyond Wallingford heard the fireworks Saturday night, which were loud enough to set off car alarms across Lake Union.

Seattle parks officials said last week that the permit for the party requires that the tents be gone by Monday.

Joelle Ligon, a parks spokeswoman, said it's not unusual for private groups to rent Gas Works Park for events. This year the park has been the site of 18 weddings, 145 picnics, 12 film sessions and 12 special events, she said.
Ray / & KEVIN/ & Rashard / & Chris / & Luke / & Earl / & Damien / & Nick / & Johan

yea i was there like 2 nights ago when they were setting up the tent things at night. was wondering what that was all about...

Team Pacific Northwest​

Quote:
the Wallingford/Fremont folks think they rule the universe when it comes to that area
ed going off on the whole street, i thought a terrorist attack had happened to the space needle.

the fireworks was real nice though..... wallingford, an area with a buncha rich yuppies.

Quote:
wallingford, an area with a buncha rich yuppies.
Keep the Sonics in Seattle

^^^ Near Good Shepard, I can't remember which street exactly. He's lived there about 6 or 7 years now. I think for awhile people thought he'd leave once his wife finished school but he's said in recent interviews he's here to stay, with frequent trips to Virginia, of course. I think I'm the only one of my friends who hasn't seen him somewhere around the city.

I never see Dave but I live a few blocks from Eddie Vedder and see him fairly regularly.

Team Pacific Northwest​

Quote:
^^^ Near Good Shepard, I can't remember which street exactly. He's lived there about 6 or 7 years now. I think for awhile people thought he'd leave once his wife finished school but he's said in recent interviews he's here to stay, with frequent trips to Virginia, of course. I think I'm the only one of my friends who hasn't seen him somewhere around the city

he actually lives near a church in that neighborhood. he lives on n. 49th st.

Back
Top Bottom