First day to gym in Months! Routine? Help? Before and After pics.

Quick question. I told myself I would start today (Monday) I just got off work. I am going to the gym at 10pm. It is my first day back in MONTHS. What should Ido when I get there. I am going to get back on Black Powder. But I do not want to look like a lost puppy when I get there. Any suggestions?

depending on how hard you go at it, the soreness will be a big factor to prepare for.

go for dips, pullups and other body weight exercises. If you're feeling big bench your bodyweight (unless you're 250+)

I ended up not going today, I do not have a good enough idea of what to do right now. I used to be 170, I went up to 191. I am confused. =/
Before
l_1adf067529ce1ae9f9111874d0f0a999.jpg

After
l_70f30ff8e8494ad496a87248be026e45.jpg

I feel the same way. only thing i did workout wise is pull ups...i feel like your 2nd pic

edit: after bein out the gym myself about 3-4 weeks. i plan on hittin chest/tri and doing some cardio. Ima use DB's and some of the machines so i dont letthe difference (of being weight wise) deter me as much as say barbell benching would. good luck.

Bro
eek.gif
...first andforemost..u have to get active ASAP...strict & consistent cardio for at least a good month ....maybe more...whatever u were eatin before...KILL THATASAP!!!!...i dont even think u need to touch weights right now...low fat diet with a good amount of raw vegetables included..none of that frozen stuff.....stepur fish game up (baked tilapia or wild salmon) to help u start leaning out...try that out for now ...but how did u get like this?? NO SHOTS!!!

i'm about to hit the gym for the first time in a while also.... it hasn't been as long as the OP for me, but it's the first time in a couple weeks.

i'm planning on doing cardio for about 10 minutes, but after that i'm not sure what lifts i should be working on.

i was gonna make today my upper body day. i'm thinking... bench, dumbbell press, chest flys, shoulder flys, bicep curls... i'm not sure what else. cansomeone give me a solid "upper body" routine for one day?

HOTTTT damn.

Ive been goin thru the same exact thing, and just last week i started hittin the gym again. Im running 20 minutes on the treadmill alone.

So to other knowledgable NTers, how would i go from that after picture to the before??

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i'm about to hit the gym for the first time in a while also.... it hasn't been as long as the OP for me, but it's the first time in a couple weeks.

i'm planning on doing cardio for about 10 minutes, but after that i'm not sure what lifts i should be working on.

i was gonna make today my upper body day. i'm thinking... bench, dumbbell press, chest flys, shoulder flys, bicep curls... i'm not sure what else. can someone give me a solid "upper body" routine for one day?
pm me ur email can help u out... even though you're an obama supporter
laugh.gif

I have to call ducktales. That's too drastic of a change. Why in the world would you let yourself get like that?

just do the basic compound exercises. SQUAT, deadlift etc. they burn the most calories. didnt lose weight even though i doubled what i was eating before istarted working out again. goodluck bro. that must be a lot of beer
laugh.gif

Yeah definitely follow thetim's advice.....get your diet right, you'll drop weight immediately. Then work on bulking up, you are very cut in the firstpic but you have no real mass.

I'm in the same boat as you OP, but for some reason I have no motivation to get back on the diet and start working out again.

Im confused.

Did you used to go to the gym, or was your metabolism just naturally high?

Hahaha...this is me...I was 185 last summer now I'm @ 200...my eating habits are rediculous...if it wasn't for my semi-pro football season idk whereI'd be...

thats like the umpteenth time u posted those pics bruh. Id help you but u just lookin for attention at this point.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

thats like the umpteenth time u posted those pics bruh. Id help you but u just lookin for attention at this point.

Attention? I'm looking for insight. I obviously have no motivation/ idea of how to get back. Every time I've posted it I've got 0_0 responses butthat was in General. That is why I am in here legitely trying to make a change. It is summer time and I have all the time in the world. Please help...

Back
Top Bottom